Your Favorite Tsuyoshi Kohsaka Fight or Moment?

His fight with Kimo is one of the most underrated fights ever, one of the great HW wars and one of the best early UFC fights. The best part is Tank guest commentating and just going full fan and loving every second of the battle.

Always enjoyed whenever he hit one of his mount escapes

Yep, I wasn't nearly as flexible, so I would have to cheat to one side and really force that leg to come up, but I hit that a few times rolling :cool:

I love that Mount escape. I use to use it all the time and it sets up heel hooks perfect. I'm not flexible enough anymore, and yes seeing a HW like TK pull it off is awesome.

I was too slow and unflexible to effectively get a heel hook out of it, but it'd always throw the person off as they had to switch from offense (and from a dominant position at that) to defending the possible leg attack, which then made the escape/scramble that much easier. Seeing him do it against Kimo was the first time that I saw that technique, and that's one of his most effective uses of it, because at that point Kimo was becoming schooled in submissions - he actually went for a leg lock on TK as soon as the fight hit the mat in the early going - but TK was still able to easily get out from the bottom.

Back