Your favorite Stephen King adaptation(s)

What's your favorite Stephen King adaptation?

• Total voters
Voted Shawshank because it's so good but I love a lot of these films.

Christine
Dead Zone
The Shining
Stand By Me
Running Man
Children of the Corn

all have tons of replay value for me

Probably best to just hold onto that memory. I do not think you'd be impressed if you revisited it.

source.gif

I thought it was a cool movie

Besides the terrible CGI I thought the movie felt very claustrophobic

Its been a while since I have seen it though

People gonna call me a hipster and an asshole, but my two favourite adaptations are lower budget B-Movies

dims.jpg

v1.b_Tsx_MTI5_MTE1_Njtq_Oz_E3_Nz_I1_Oz_Ey_MDA7_MTUz_Njsy_MDQ4.jpg

People gonna call me a hipster and an asshole, but my two favourite adaptations are lower budget B-Movies

dims.jpg

v1.b_Tsx_MTI5_MTE1_Njtq_Oz_E3_Nz_I1_Oz_Ey_MDA7_MTUz_Njsy_MDQ4.jpg

Man, Thinner is fun but I can't call it a good movie. I'm trying to reconcile you being a Thinner Juggalo with Henri Clouzot movies.

The mini-series from the early 00s?

Would you recommend it?

That's the one. Of course I would recommend it..lol...I will say the first 45 minutes or so are character building so you get to know the people but there are scenes from the huge mansion and back story that are creepy...then they all arrive at the mansion.

Anyone saying anything other than The Shining is wrong. In my opinion.

GOAT horror film. There are some films on this list that come close (Misery, maaaybe Shawshank although I think it's overrated) but The Shining is better than everything else.

That's the one. Of course I would recommend it..lol...I will say the first 45 minutes or so are character building so you get to know the people but there are scenes from the huge mansion and back story that are creepy...then they all arrive at the mansion.

Maybe I'll check it out. I know nothing about the story, but I was talking earlier about my appreciation for Storm of the Century, which was another King mini-series made right around the same time.

Maybe I'll check it out. I know nothing about the story, but I was talking earlier about my appreciation for Storm of the Century, which was another King mini-series made right around the same time.

I don't think you will be disappointed but some don't care for it. It won't keep you awake at night but I really love the mansion and people in the series. I didn't think much of Storm of the Century when I first watched it but watching it much later...it is one of my favorites from King. Love the atmosphere and how it all went.

I don't think you will be disappointed but some don't care for it. It won't keep you awake at night but I really love the mansion and people in the series. I didn't think much of Storm of the Century when I first watched it but watching it much later...it is one of my favorites from King. Love the atmosphere and how it all went.

I'll go ahead and give Rose Red a look. I've been on a Stephen King kick lately anyway. Watched Gerald's Game just last night.

As for Storm of the Century, I watched it for the first time just a few months ago and loved it. I made a thread on it if you're interested:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/stephen-kings-storm-of-the-century-1999-mini-series.3624327/

What did you think of Gerald's Game? I thought it was pretty bad.

Didn't love it.

I didn't have a whole lot to say about it but here were a few thoughts I left last night when I finished it:

It was okay.

The story is essentially that of a woman coming to terms with a particular childhood trauma that she experienced. My biggest issue is that for much of the film it simply feels like not a lot is happening.

It's bolstered by Gugino's superb performance, but that was not enough to keep me from getting bored at about the 45 minute mark and really feeling like I was having to dig in and power through at about the 1:15 mark.

For most of the film I felt like I was watching about a 6/10, but I thought it wrapped up in a fairly satisfying way in the last 20 minutes, so I guess a 6.5 seems appropriate.

Didn't love it.

I didn't have a whole lot to say about it but here were a few thoughts I left last night when I finished it:

Interesting. I thought the last 20 minutes just took the mediocre film I had just watched and tied it all up with unrelated nonsense.

Interesting. I thought the last 20 minutes just took the mediocre film I had just watched and tied it all up with unrelated nonsense.

I didn't understand the bit about making the grim reaper dude a real human being. That seemed counter-intuitive to me.

He's not actually supernatural? So he just happened by there by coincidence?

I didn't understand the bit about making the grim reaper dude a real human being. That seemed counter-intuitive to me.

He's not actually supernatural? So he just happened by there by coincidence?

I didn't try too hard to make sense of it. I just took it literally, that a weird looking psycho was in the area by coincidence. I really didn't care anymore at that point though/

Had to go with The Shining, but I'd like to give a very strong shout-out to Storm of the Century.

Some of you guys may remember the thread I made on that one a little while back. I just watched it for the first time a few months ago and really thought it was a well-made and entertaining mini-series. Unfortunately, it seems to be mostly forgotten today.

If you've never watched Storm of the Century, then I really think you should give it a look.

200px-Stormcentury.jpg

Way underrated

Not as good as IT but it was very enjoyable

Back