Your favorite Stephen King adaptation(s)

What's your favorite Stephen King adaptation?

• Total voters
G

Guestx

Title says it all.

Over the last 40 years, several of Stephen King's stories have been adapted into films, mini-series and TV shows.

I know we recently had a thread about our favorite Stephen King books. Well I figured it was time to discuss all the various adaptations for the screen.

What are your favorites, and why? Which ones did you find disappointing, and why? Are there any stories of his that you think deserve to be adapted but never were? Or are there are any that you think deserve the remake the treatment?

Shawshank Redemption is in there? That easily

Had to go with The Shining, but I'd like to give a very strong shout-out to Storm of the Century.

Some of you guys may remember the thread I made on that one a little while back. I just watched it for the first time a few months ago and really thought it was a well-made and entertaining mini-series. Unfortunately, it seems to be mostly forgotten today.

If you've never watched Storm of the Century, then I really think you should give it a look.

200px-Stormcentury.jpg

Gotta go with Christine, although I did like the Mist despite its stupid fucking ending.

It was a rough choice, but I went with Misery...

Just to many relationships and PTSD that come with that flick..

It's the movie that is the most IRL

Voted Stand by Me but want to change it to Shawshank Redemption

FACK

1.Green Mile
2. Shining
3. Stand By Me
4. Pet Sematary
5. Misery

Running Man was okay, I guess. Haven't seen It yet. Don't like like the other ones.

Shawshank Redemption is one of the most overrated movies of all time btw.

I have not actually seen The Stand, but I'm a bit surprised to see it pick up a vote as someone's very favorite.

@bushman505, what is it about that one that really impressed you? You would recommend it, I presume?

The same could be said for The Running Man, from what I understand. But technically, it is.

What's your favorite? You didn't mention it.

I have read Running Man and you're right its a very different story than the movie

The book focuses more on the world building and less on action schlock

Not sure if I really have a favorite adaptation since I enjoy many movies/shows on that list

I have not actually seen The Stand, but I'm a bit surprised to see it pick up a vote as someone's very favorite.

@bushman505, what is it about that one that really impressed you? You would recommend it, I presume?

Nothing, I just really liked the book ever since I read it in high school, I’ve always been a fan of that genre if you can call it that.

The movie came out when I was in highschool as a 2 or 3 part series and I watched it with my dad. Good memories.

Back