Your Favorite NES game?

mime

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Of course Super Mario was a classic but my all-time favorite NES game is Mike Tyson's Punch-Out. Loved all the great characters like Glass Joe and Bald Bull each with a different strategy you needed to beat them.

Tyson_PunchOut-3.jpg

Second might be Kid Icarus, loved that game.

Just for nostalgia purposes I'm curious what others' favorites were.

Metroid.
The minimalistic music is amazing.
I get nostalgic thinking about it.

But there are loads of good ones.

Castlevania II
Megaman 3
Punch out
Prisoners of War
Zelda 2
Super Mario 2

Yeah Super Mario 3 was definitely my favorite Mario to play, imo they never captured the Mario magic after that one, loved turning into the rac**** and flying and also the Koopa Kids were good bosses.

Bionic commando
Megaman 2
Shadowgate
River city ransom
Faxanadu
Castlevania 2
Jackal
Ninja Garden 2
Little Nemo the dream master
Zelda 2
Final Fantasy
Dragon Warrior V
Crystalis
Tombs and treasure

Yeah Super Mario 3 was definitely my favorite Mario to play, imo they never captured the Mario magic after that one, loved turning into the rac**** and flying and also the Koopa Kids were good bosses.

I think Super Mario World for SNES was just as good if not better than 3. Pretty much did everything 1 and 3 did, just improved it. 3 is definitely my favorite NES game though.

Tyson's punch out was the first thing that came into my mind when reading the thread title.

Also loved Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but that game was hard as hell

Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Ducktales
Blades of Steel
Tecmo Bowl
Baseball Stars

Excitebike and Mike Tyson's Punchout.

Tecmo Super Bowl honorable mention.

This is what I remember the most from my childhood. I never owned a NES so I only played a few games back then and this was the standout. I played it again recently and it still holds up. Epic music.

Tecmo Super Bowl(the updated versions for emulators are awesome too)
Maniac Mansion
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out

Super Mario bros 3
Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy III
Kirby’s Adventure

metroid
zelda
rygar
excitebike
super mario
pro wrestling
contra
punch out
prince of persia

probably in that order

Last edited:
metroid
zelda
rygar
excitebike
super mario
pro wrestling
contra
punch out
prince of persia

probably in that order

metroid and zelda are definitely classics but ah man did I forget about pro wrestling! another game with awesome characters. Had to look it up to be reminded of how awesome it was:

pro_wrestling_group.png

metroid and zelda are definitely classics but ah man did I forget about pro wrestling! another game with awesome characters. Had to look it up to be reminded of how awesome it was:

pro_wrestling_group.png

yeah, i forgot excitebike until i saw it on papitodd's list...which causes me embarrassment. i played the shit out of that game. after years of the atari, that game blew our minds.

there is a regular poster that has star man as his av, and has had that as long as i can remember. sadly, i can't remember his username...i want to say it has "ryu" in it, but im not very confident in that.

Last edited:
Back