Your Favorite NES game?

A game I really enjoyed in the same realm as Zelda was the Willow game on NES. I was pleasantly suprised at how good it was.

It is extremely good, that's back when Capcom was amazing and just as good as Nintendo itself.

Last edited:
spot_g5-airfortress2.gif

Glad to see Faxanadu, River City Ransom and Battle of Olympus mentioned.

Faxanadu
Deadly Towers
Battle of Olympus
Final Fantasy
Super Mario Bros 3
Gradius
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
River City Ransom

but the best:

A game I really enjoyed in the same realm as Zelda was the Willow game on NES. I was pleasantly suprised at how good it was.

I don't think I ever watched the movie, but have fond memories of the NES video game. If I saw it available on 3DS Virual Console eShop, I'd buy it as a reflex action.

It is extremely good, that's back when Capcom was amazing and just as good as Nintendo itself.

Mega Man
Trojan
Ducktales
Darkwing Duck
Rescue Rangers
Commando
Street Fighter 2010
Code Name Viper
Destiny of an Emperor
etc

Damn, they made a lot of great NES games.

Narrowed it down to 10 NES games.

Excite Bike
Duck Hunt
Punch Out
TMNT, TMNT 2
Blades of Steel
RBI Baseball, RBI Baseball 2
Kung Fu
Double Dragons II
Top Gun

Kid Icarus, Rygar, Kung Fu and Section Z.

Beating section z as a kid was a huge achievement to me, that game was hard as shit.
Off topic but if I buy a 3ds or wii/wii u and download nes/snes games, will it work across all the consoles? Does the wii u have a big nes library?

Too many to name.
Off the top of my head though:
Punch-Out, Contra, Super C, Castlevania, Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, Megaman II & III, Double Dragon I & II, Zelda, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Ninja Gaiden II, Kung Fu, TMNT III, Batman, G.I. Joe, and Journey to Silius.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhhh memories...

Mega Man 2, Double Dragon 2, Duck Tales
Super Mario 1, 2, 3
Dragon Warrior
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (first game and Arcade)
Zelda I and II
Metroid
Contra
Gradius
Castlevania II
Ninja Gaiden I and II
Nobunaga's Ambition

Beat all these games. Hardest was Ninja Gaiden I. That game is crazy hard and I had to resort to a 1-UP cheat (loop around an area and collect 1-UP). Greatest achievement was beating Mike Tyson and beating Contra without dying once. Favorite game to play and would play again is Zelda II.

Hearing any of the 8-bit music from any of these games will bring a big smile to my face. I miss being a kid without a care in the world. back then it was me and my console and that's it. :)

Ahhh....so many memories! Too many to list but here I go....

Double Dragon 2
Star Tropics 1 and 2
Zelda
Contra
Snakes Revenge
Mission Impossible
Nintendo World Cup
TMNT
Kings of the Beach

Beating section z as a kid was a huge achievement to me, that game was hard as shit.
Off topic but if I buy a 3ds or wii/wii u and download nes/snes games, will it work across all the consoles? Does the wii u have a big nes library?

Nope. I can't (can) believe Nintendo missed the boat so badly on this.

Right now there is an eShop for the Wii, Wii U, DS and 3DS. No cross buy, no cross play.

They said they are working on unifying their platforms but as it stands right now, if you buy an SNES game on the Wii U, you only get to play it on the Wii U.

If Nintendo had a universal Virtual Console and you could play the games on any of their systems, I would go bankrupt buying everything. As it stands right now, I won't buy a single one especially at the ridiculous prices they are charging.

Back