Your favorite movie of the 80's

Your favorite movie of the 80's (84 - 89)

• Total voters
The Terminator Byatch!

I don't know how to narrow it down with those selections. My top 10 most favorite movies from the decade would be:

The Empire Strikes Back
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Beverly Hills Cop
The Terminator
The Goonies
Back to the Future
Aliens
Platoon
Predator
Die Hard

I'd probably go with The Goonies, but since that's not a choice, then I don't know.

Good Lawd the 80's were fucking stacked.

From the choices I went with Predator but I love basically all of them, and many others not up there.

That's really tough but I went with Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade.

Predator or Die hard would be number 2, probably Die Hard. Aliens for 3, Terminator for 4, then Back To The Future. Back To The Future never appealed to me like it did other people.

Voted for The Terminator, but it's actually Full Metal Jacket:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I have to vote Predator. I just have to.

I prefer the sci fi in Terminator over the sci fi in Predator

I prefer the sci fi in Terminator over the sci fi in Predator

The story in the original Terminator was top notch, and one of the greatest of all time imo.

But the directing in Predator was > the directing in Terminator. And that is saying quite a lot. But it's true.

Where's the early 80's? My favorite movie is probably "The Thing"

no wrong choices from that list,but I've got to go with the most manly film ever.
predator-muscle.gif

I think out of the top 3 Back to the Future is a "better" movie in terms or filmmaking but Diehard and Predator are just more entertaining.... I never liked Willis as an action star and at the same time I think Arnold is probably one of the best action stars ever....HOWEVER in terms of entertainment damn it I still think DieHard entertains "me" more

The story in the original Terminator was top notch, and one of the greatest of all time imo.

But the directing in Predator was > the directing in Terminator. And that is saying quite a lot. But it's true.

Yeah, but Terminator shows Arnie's dong.

Based on your earlier poll results. Keep in mind Shadow_Preist and I only did these from 1984-1989, so it's not the entire decade here. But still, I wanna see what movie wins out overall.

@shadow_priest_x

1984 - The Terminator
1985 - Back To The Future
1986 - Aliens
1987 - Predator
1988 - Die Hard
1989 - Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade
You should have done the whole decade.

If Die Hard doesn't win this poll then the poll is invalid.

Back