Your favorite movie of 1996

Your favorite movie of 1996

• Total voters
If you dont vote for Independence Day is simply because you are a dumb hater who thinks "uh no I cant vote for whats popular because I want to believe Im cool and Im going to force myself to not like what everybody else likes uhhh Im cool uhhhh" aww shut the fuck up man! Twister was great, The Rock, Fargo, hell I can even admit Jerry Maguire is a good movie! But the best movie of that year was Independence Day, and thats just that!

I have to say Independence Day. It's corny. But it's Sci-fi and it hits all the right notes for some reason.

Fairuza balk and Neve Campbell are the only thing i even remember about this movie. I had crushes on both of them and still do. I think Stacey Dash is hot now but i dont remember being attracted to her in this movie back then.

I would still bang all of them including Stacey Dash. She's still hot as ever.

1. Scream - one of the best ever
2. The craft
3. Mars attacks
4. Frighteners

What a ducking year

That was Rachael True, not Stacey Dash. Both were hot though.

I've heard several people say Fairuza Balk was hot.....I just do not see it. At all.

The main chick was extremely cute though. She was on The Mentalist for awhile.
She dont look like no other chick,she got some exotic mixed genes goin on there,and im all about it.

Fairuza balk and Neve Campbell are the only thing i even remember about this movie. I had crushes on both of them and still do. I think Stacey Dash is hot now but i dont remember being attracted to her in this movie back then.
I remember the scene where they made the girl who bullied them's hair fall out. She was so pitiful sobbing in the shower as it just clumped out. Disturbing scene.

I graduated high school in 96 so it's a special time for me. I get nostalgia overload once in awhile thinking about the movies and music and everything about that time. Seems like a better time than now, but it's hard to tell because I guess I was still in my wonder years or whatever. But WOW looking at the movies that came out that year....it definitely was a better time than now.

Obvious choice is ID4. And I did love that. Also loved Twister...to the point where I wanted to be a tornado chaser...seriously....for a little while. BUT....I'm going with SCREAM! THAT shit was a total game changer and SO MUCH FUN to see in theaters. What say you, sherbrethren?

Edit: I ran out of poll choices but also:

The Frighteners
Sling Blade
Broken Arrow
Primal Fear

Easily Kingpin. This year was not as good for movies as some of the others. It's so obvious that the 80's were better than the 90's.

TWISTER has gotten NO votes?! It was a great year for cinema but damn....Twister was the shit!

I always thought Twister was shit. They didn't even try to get any realism. The flying cow turned it into a joke.

I have never been able to watch much of any of those movies. My choice would be none of the above.

If you dont vote for Independence Day is simply because you are a dumb hater who thinks "uh no I cant vote for whats popular because I want to believe Im cool and Im going to force myself to not like what everybody else likes uhhh Im cool uhhhh" aww shut the fuck up man! Twister was great, The Rock, Fargo, hell I can even admit Jerry Maguire is a good movie! But the best movie of that year was Independence Day, and thats just that!

It was huge at the time, and it holds up. But so does scream, jerry maguire, fargo, etc.

1. Kingpin
2. Fargo
3. The rest of those garbage movies

Any cunt no choosin Trainspottin is a fuckin bufty.

s-92287182ca5b2feb69d41df5c40c82d0ba7c72f3.gif

Fargo was best. 1996 wasn't the greatest year for movies but Fargo was the bomb.

And lol Mars attacks...shitty movie and fucking huge box office disaster.

Fargo was best. 1996 wasn't the greatest year for movies but Fargo was the bomb.

And lol Mars attacks...shitty movie and fucking huge box office disaster.

You're out of your mind, Mars Attacks was hilarious!!! It was quirky in a way that was unique to the mid 90s alone, akin to the quirky episodes of the x files, and even fargo.

Back