Your favorite movie of 1996

Your favorite movie of 1996

• Total voters
Dam I didn't realize so many movies I remember from my childhood were all from '96. What a great year for fun movies.

My minds kind of blown that Space Jam, Twister, Scream, Independence Day, Mission Impossible, Fargo, Mars Attacks! all came out when I was 9. That's almost every movie I remember from the 1990s.

lol you ARE going down for that, lol. Just sayin.......SO wrong

Did you see Michael J. Fox in that season of Curb Your Enthusiasm he was in? He was great

NnyL4LiqUcibK.gif

Sidenote on Swingers. I tweeted John Favereau about it last year for the 20th Anniversary thanking him for making the film and it being a classic. He actually pm'd me back and we had a brief 3 message conversation about it. I know it's not a lot but it was awesome he took the time to interact with me about the film that night

It's great when you get to meet/talk to successful artists or someone who made something you like and they are not a dick

Too many good ones to choose

Too many good ones to choose

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person I know that hated Fargo. I saw it for the first time a few years back and thought it was terrible. I hated the characters and the story and just couldn't get into it. The Coen brothers have always been hit or miss for me though. I love Raising Arizona, O Brother Where Art Thou and Burn After Reading, but hated Fargo and No Country for Old Men. Most of their other films I've seen have been meh.

Back on topic, The Rock, Happy Gilmore, Kingpin, ID4 and Beavis and Butt-Head are my top pics for 1996.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person I know that hated Fargo. I saw it for the first time a few years back and thought it was terrible. I hated the characters and the story and just couldn't get into it. The Coen brothers have always been hit or miss for me though. I love Raising Arizona, O Brother Where Art Thou and Burn After Reading, but hated Fargo and No Country for Old Men. Most of their other films I've seen have been meh.

Please tell me you have watched The Big Lebowski

Last edited:
Sleepers. Great cast, great soundtrack, great script, some great young performances, one of DeNiro's last good performances. The movie has so much going for it.

It's right up there with Warrior for me in my 'get drunk and have a manly cry' movies. A Time to Kill is another great one.

Back