Your favorite Metal genre?

I'm not too sure on genres, but my favourite metal bands are Mastodon and Tool so would they be Prog?

For me, it's easily Prog Metal.

Then Power, then Traditional.

What about you guys?

I got into Prog Metal around 10 years ago when I started listening to Between the Buried and ME. I was on a youtube rabbit hole adventure and found this band several years back. You've probably heard of them, but I thought what they were doing here is ahead of its time for 1993.

Last years it's almost only black metal. Before that I listened a lot to prog metal, and before that bands like Machine Head, Metallica, Sepultura, stuff like that.

I got into Prog Metal around 10 years ago when I started listening to Between the Buried and ME. I was on a youtube rabbit hole adventure and found this band several years back. You've probably heard of them, but I thought what they were doing here is ahead of its time for 1993.

Yep, been a big fan of Cynic since I first heard Focus back in the mid 2000's.

Their newer album is even better.

Thrash, Doom, Stoner or Heavy. Don't like that screaming shit like in Black/Death.

Nu-Metal is meh and Power Metal is okay but gets tedious fast.

doommetal2_zpsd402d558.png

and its various other sub genresfrom there...sludge,stoner, drone...whatever

Have you ever heard Megasus before?

I'm bad with subgenres, so idk what everything is supposed to be, but I love me some thrash metal.

In my old age, I'm more a fan of individual albums than genres.

Or years. 2001(I think) was a great year. Calculating Infinity, Jane Doe, Times of Grace and In The Eyes of God. Fun times imo. Prowler in The Yard and The Inalienable Dreamless weren't too far away either, iirc.

And for those that like prog metal, try some Blotted Science.

Traditional, like Dio.
Speed metal, like Megadeth.
Stoner metal, like Monster Magnet

Death metal. To narrow it down any further than that would exclude soooooo many bands.

Thrash!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, so whatever categories mine fit into.. my favorites

Pantera
Sepultura
Slayer
Obituary
Six Feet Under
Old Slipknot

I honestly haven't listened to a lot of metal in like 15 years though.

Back