• Leslie Nielsen

• Chevy Chase

• Bill Murray

• Rodney Dangerfield

• Christopher Lloyd

• Richard Pryor

• Other (specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Damn, lonely fucking Steve Martin's the only guy who has gotten votes but only has a single vote.

reading-ikea-intructions-big-lebowski-confused.gif

Was going to also mention Robin Williams but with the exception of Good Morning Vietnam, most of his comedies bombed back then and he was mainly stuck doing tv in the 80s

As expected this is going to come down between Murphy vs. Murray. The rest are good but these are the obvious guys in this category.

You are assuming I understand your post, which I don't. No amount of English classes will clear up that original post lol.

Bro, what?

I'm saying there are several guys at 0. And then there are guys above zero. He's one of the guys above zero, but the only one who just a single person--myself--thought he was worthy to vote for.

Bro, what?

I'm saying there are several guys at 0. And then there are guys above zero. He's one of the guys above zero, but the only one who just a single person--myself--thought he was worthy to vote for.

Yes, I understand what you are saying now but that other post left me baffled.

The Jerk, PT&A, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Three Amigos, Parenthood, Roxanne, The Man with Two Brains, Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid...........80's Martin should be challenging for the Belt, not languishing in the doldrums.

Way better than Murrary, imo. Ghostbusters, Scrooged, Stripes and Caddyshack (in a supporting role) are all good obviously. That said Murrary did the majority of his best films after 1990, imo.

Career vs Career goes to Murrary, obviously.
80s vs 80s goes to Martin.

Last edited:
Rodney, for caddyshack and back to school. But, bill Murray was also in caddyshack, and ghostbusters, and the first half of Stripes. His best movie came out in the 90s, though. Steve Martin's best movie came out in the 70's, and I never loved Richard Pryor's movies, except see no evil. Maybe Eddie Murphy deserves it, I don't know, it's hard to look past how overtly mediocre he's become

Went with Eddie Murphy.
NOTE: I'm intentionally leaving out guys who later went on to be known for their extensive dramatic work, like Tom Hanks.
I think Hanks belongs in the poll because he was one of the biggest comedic movie stars in the 80s, regardless what happened to his career after the 80s.

The Candy man for me. Uncle Buck, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, The Great Outdoors, Spaceballs. Was legit sad when he passed

unclebuck.jpg

He had some movies in the 90s I liked as well, but your title says 80s

This right here when John Candy died I was a kid and I cried like crazy, he was my favorite actor as a kid. Candy had that aura about him everyone loved him, black, white, asian, latino

I miss him he would have done so many great roles and probably won an Oscar, the man was talented.

I still remember being in a drug store in Memphis, TN and learning about Candy's death by seeing something about it on the front page of a magazine. No Internet then and I was only 12 so it took a while for me to learn about it, but it's still something I remember.

John Candy was the fucking man back in the day!

I lived out in Cali it was all over the news here, and I cried like a baby when he passed I was the same age as you, Candy was one of my favorites.

Based only on work in the 80's I had to go with Chase.

So, many good comedic actors I can't pick. I love Martin, Candy, Murphy, Prior, and Wilder.

Leslie Niesen for me, but Murphy, Murray, and Candy were amazing. Martin Short is underrated, pleasantly surprised to see him on this list. He, like Murray, still has the touch.

Steve Martin is the most overrated comedian/comedic actor of all time.

Back