Your face when Julianna beat Shayna

CELS

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
(warning: this thread title contained spoilers)

This was my face when Julianna landed those vicious punches and knees.

G7X8

(I've seen ghetto mommas with crisper boxing, but she's got some power, I'll tell you that, Jack)

That is probably the first time where I've watched a women's fight and found it difficult to watch because of the poor technique, standing atleast, that was exhibited. Then I remembered I have watched several leanord garcia fights and put it down to the fact she is a bad striker, not because she is a woman.

That is probably the first time where I've watched a women's fight and found it difficult to watch because of the poor technique, standing atleast, that was exhibited. Then I remembered I have watched several leanord garcia fights and put it down to the fact she is a bad striker, not because she is a woman.

Almost every woman's striking looks like that.

She's Venezuelan, I'm half Venezuelan, so allow me to say that some of her striking flaws are definitely a latino thing (hello Leonard Garcia). Especially the way she just launched forward without thinking. She was supposed to keep striking, but she got into the clinch every time she let her hands go. No finesse, just hulk smashing.

Miesha was right that she has a big heart and is unafraid in the ring, but she also believes so much in her power that she throws technique and tactics right out the window. Unless she gets a good head coach that deals with this fundamental flaw, she's going nowhere in the UFC.

Almost every woman's striking looks like that.
Almost every guy's striking looks like that too. If you're talking about people who actually train, then no, every female fighter's striking does not look like that.

I rooted for Juliana, Shayna has a thug attitude that I hate in fighters, bark bark bark and not enough bite to cash it all. It looked like she thinks she's some legend.

But it was a good fight, from both of them, I got to admit.

you don't watch enough women's mma. terrible striking is the rule, not the exception.

Pretty much describes my reaction to the last 10 seconds of the fight.
iNJxF12uWEp3k.gif

The preview last week kind of gave it away, so my face was like "okay, next :icon_arro"!

Shayna could have been the next Bubba...

Ronda is also way too bitter in this defeat. Tate didn't even smirk, she was happy
because her friend won.
And lol at taking advantages, Ronda picked Shayna against 4-2 girl and that wasn't
taking advantages lol.

I got a feeling that Tate is going to win this TUF easily.

I rooted for Juliana, Shayna has a thug attitude that I hate in fighters, bark bark bark and not enough bite to cash it all. It looked like she thinks she's some legend.

Yeah. All that talk about her legendary status and how she deserved to go straight to the UFC without the insult of having to be on the show - and then she immediately goes out and loses to a pedestrian brawler who's lost her last 2 pro fights to nobodies. And she didn't just lose, she quit. She got tired, gave up her back and didn't even try to fight off the choke - just let Pena put it on her. I guess she'll probably have a chance to redeem herself at the TUF finale.

Back