Your best movie theater experience......

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Mine is kind of an odd one but ill never forget seeing this in the movie theaters

51PZZ0A9TCL.jpg

It was Jackie Chans first big release in the U.S. and i had never heard of him. I went to it as a 90s kid (i was 12) who loved all the big action stars of the decade but i had no idea what i was about to see. The theater was about 1/3 full and when it started the cheesy dialogue and bad dubbing had everyone laughing at it. Then the first fight seen happened and i was mesmerized. I had never seen anything like it and was blown away. The fights only got more and more amazing as the movie went on. I left in awe.

After the movie i immediately went out and bought all the Jackie Chan movies i could find. And am still a huge fan to this day. Any that stick out for you guys?

Last edited:
Getting head in the back of the movie theater of jamie lee curtis's the virus

Last edited:
First time going to a theatre in Aurora. Was watching an action flick and it was so realistic!

Total recall 1990 nothing quite like big screen violence

Yeah would be sex type thing.

No sex? First time I drank a 32 oz beer was last Harry potter.

I met my wife in 1999... one of the first movies we went to (dating) was The Blair Witch Project. We went with another girl we worked with and her boyfriend.

As we were driving back home the couple in the backseat was talking alittle too weird about the movie. They seemed too freaked out.
I asked them, "You don't think that was real do you??".... anyway, it turns out that they actually believed it was a documentary.

I don't remember, but I do have an AMC black ticket saved for Blade Runner 2049. Planning to watch it by myself with no distractions and i'm hoping it will deliver.

Total recall 1990 nothing quite like big screen violence

That NIGHT was my ultimate movie experience. MASSIVE storm as we were leaving; lightening hit phone lines 30 feet away and blew it up on way home with sparks flying. Huge hole blown in roof of adjacent apartment building next morning. Plus, movie was awesome and it was a packed house. We had to wait in line. I was like 11.

I was on probation and had a good time frame where i could finally smoke weed, the dark knight rises just came out so I waked and baked, got chick fila breakfast and enjoyed the movie by myself.

It was the best time I've ever experienced in a movie theater, everything just went perfectly.

When I was in high school I banged my gf in the movie theatre hallway, but that wasn't as good as seeing the dark knight rises high.

Dredd 3D and Piranha 3D were the best 3D movies I've seen and I'm not even a fan of 3D.

Watching The Mist alone on a foggy night was spooky as fuck not to mention I had just moved to a new state and knew almost no one.

JAWS on the big screen is also amazing.

Austin powers 1.

I hurt from laughing.

Mine is kind of an odd one but ill never forget seeing this in the movie theaters

View attachment 264375

It was Jackie Chans first big release in the U.S. and i had never heard of him. I went to it as a 90s kid (i was 12) who loved all the big action stars of the decade but i had no idea what i was about to see. The theater was about 1/3 full and when it started the cheesy dialogue and bad dubbing had everyone laughing at it. Then the first fight seen happened and i was mesmerized. I had never seen anything like it and was blown away. The fights only got more and more amazing as the movie went on. I left in awe.

After the movie i immediately went out and bought all the Jackie Chan movies i could find. And am still a huge fan to this day. Any that stick out for you guys?

One of my most memorable movie theater experiences was probably the Steven Seagal film Marked for Death but not because of the movie itself. It was because of what happened after the movie. I saw a really late showing with my brother and two of my cousins. When we came out of the theater, there weren't many cars left in the parking lot. As we got closer to my brother's car, we noticed a white piece of paper under his windshield wiper. My brother pulled the piece of paper out from underneath the wiper and it read something like:

"I am sorry. I hit your vehicle. Please call me at 777-555-"

The last 4 digits of the phone number were missing because the paper had been torn!

My brother panicked, and said "look for damage to the car, guys." We all started examining the car very closely looking for a dent or anything. After about a minute of us circling the vehicle like fools, my then brother-in-law came running out from behind some nearby bushes laughing his head off. It was all a prank. The torn note was planted by my brother-in-law. It was one of the best pranks I've ever witnessed. lol

First time I ever nutted in a bitch's mouth was in a movie theater.

Midnight-opening-day showing of Episode 1 in San Diego. Nevermind whether the film sucked or not, the atmosphere was incredible. Every screen in the theater was showing TPM, SW nerds for miles.

Saturday night, 10:30 pm showing of the first Scream movie.

The theater was completely packed. I've never seen an audience more alive. It was everything a horror movie screening should be.

Shadow's movie polls brought back a flood of great memories in the theaters from my childhood and made me realize just how much we used to go to the movies when I was growing up, Out For Justice, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II(and 3, meh), Ghostbusters 2, Cliffhanger, Demolition Man, Speed, Under Seige, Natural Born Killers, Fugitive, The Mask, Dumb and Dumber, so many other movies I can't even think of right now.

One of my favorite experiences though was Freddy vs Jason. I was always a huge fan of Friday the 13th movies but never got the chance to see one in theaters. I wanted to go see Jason X when it came out but never got the chance(it bombed so bad they pulled it from theaters early). With Freddy vs Jason I was finally going to get to see Jason on the big screen. My girlfriend at the time was a huge Freddy fan, I always thought Freddy was ok but I wouldn't call myself a fan. The atmosphere in the theater was really something special for that movie, opening weekend, packed full of people(it was #1 movie for two weeks in a row), everybody cheering for Freddy or Jason as if we were really watching them fight live or something. It was a shit movie for sure but in that moment it was just so awesome you had to be there to get it.

Also dug 300 and Rocky Balboa in theaters. Some of my very first memories that I have in my life is those fucking helicopters in the opening of Predator my uncles took me to see it with them I must have been 3 or 4 years old.

Last edited:
Just remembered seeing Star Wars: A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back when they were rereleased in theaters in 1997, amazing experience that made me a lifetime Star Wars fan.

Back