Your absolute favorite wrestling moment/memory

IYH Canadian Stampede, Bret as the Canadian hero, a crowd so loud it shook the cameras and me feeling patriotic for the first time in my life.

IYH Canadian Stampede, Bret as the Canadian hero, a crowd so loud it shook the cameras and me feeling patriotic for the first time in my life.
That was a great match, and that crowd was fire!

Eddie winning the title, because I didn't think it would ever happen. The second the ref hit 3, and the crowd erupted, was an unreal moment.

Shawn Michaels was by far the nicest guy I ever met. Granted this was only a couple years ago and not during his rough days.

We ran into him at a restaurant - we’d accidentally been given his table. Apparently he was fond of the restaurant and had a specific table he liked, and the management had messed up and gotten their days wrong, (it was Tuesday and they thought he was coming on Thursday or something like that).

Anyway, the manager, completely embarrassed (this is a pretty nice restaurant) comes by and says “I’m so sorry, but we’d like to move you to another table if you could be troubled, and we’ll gladly compensate you for the cost of the meal and any other meal you’d like while you’re in town.” My sister and cousin were both like “Yeah that’s cool.” and I kind of played the asshole a bit. “I’m sorry, I just don’t understand. We’ve been here for 15 minutes - we’ve just ordered. Can’t we finish our meal here?”

Then out of nowhere Shawn Michaels shows up next to the manager and says “Paul, these guys can finish. We’ll be at the bar. I got some time.” And I (being a big HBK fan) said “Oh wow, uh… I had no idea. Please feel free to give them the table.” Shawn was grateful, shook my hand and said thanks, then gave me a card with his number on it and told me to give him a call later.

After working up the nerve, I gave him a call that night, and to make a long story short, we had a glorious 11 month love affair, man on man, that I shall never forget. Our bodies intertwined as one, and from the beauty of Morocco, to the French Riviera, to the snorkeling in the Galopagos, Shawn Michaels and I made glorious gay love to each other on six of the seven continents.

WrestleMania XIX. There's too many moments in that show especially since I was there. The whole Hogan McMahon match while not a great match had the infamous psycho Vince looking over the apron at a down Hogan as well as the late great "Rowdy" Roddy Piper showing up. Brock botching the Shooting Star Press on Angle and the crowd's reaction. It was a good show, nonetheless.

Shawn Michaels was by far the nicest guy I ever met. Granted this was only a couple years ago and not during his rough days.

We ran into him at a restaurant - we’d accidentally been given his table. Apparently he was fond of the restaurant and had a specific table he liked, and the management had messed up and gotten their days wrong, (it was Tuesday and they thought he was coming on Thursday or something like that).

Anyway, the manager, completely embarrassed (this is a pretty nice restaurant) comes by and says “I’m so sorry, but we’d like to move you to another table if you could be troubled, and we’ll gladly compensate you for the cost of the meal and any other meal you’d like while you’re in town.” My sister and cousin were both like “Yeah that’s cool.” and I kind of played the asshole a bit. “I’m sorry, I just don’t understand. We’ve been here for 15 minutes - we’ve just ordered. Can’t we finish our meal here?”

Then out of nowhere Shawn Michaels shows up next to the manager and says “Paul, these guys can finish. We’ll be at the bar. I got some time.” And I (being a big HBK fan) said “Oh wow, uh… I had no idea. Please feel free to give them the table.” Shawn was grateful, shook my hand and said thanks, then gave me a card with his number on it and told me to give him a call later.

After working up the nerve, I gave him a call that night, and to make a long story short, we had a glorious 11 month love affair, man on man, that I shall never forget. Our bodies intertwined as one, and from the beauty of Morocco, to the French Riviera, to the snorkeling in the Galopagos, Shawn Michaels and I made glorious gay love to each other on six of the seven continents.

If only Nic Cage hadn't come between you. C'est last vie.

Absolute? That's tough, but I've probably never marked out harder than when Warrior beat Hogan at WM6.

Most memorable is probably Taker/Mankind Hell In A Cell. It's tough to beat watching multiple attempted suicides unfold in real time.

Michaels turning heel...I was just a young lad at the time...it had quite an impact on me!

The original clip showed him bleeding profusely. I thought it was sooo real when I was a kid lol

Holy fuck this is brilliant lmao

My childhood discovery of Magnum TA. He was my hero and I cried my little eyes out when he got shelved due to the car wreck.

You hear his contemporaries talk about how he was supposed to take the stick from Flair. He had all the potential one could ask for...

Wish I could find more examples but some of Shawn's reactions to the "You screwed Bret!" chants were brilliant.
My favorites include:
"And don't you ever forget it!"
"Hasn't anything else happened in the past nine years?"
"You're damn right I did and I'd do it again!"

For now, I'll leave you with this.

Another great moment for me was the Clash of the Champions in August 1996 right after Hogan got the belt off Giant. It was the first time in my life where I could cheer for Flair and not feel bad about it. Hogan should have kept hulking up as a heel because it causes a horrible feeling inside.

Wish I could find more examples but some of Shawn's reactions to the "You screwed Bret!" chants were brilliant.
My favorites include:
"And don't you ever forget it!"
"Hasn't anything else happened in the past nine years?"
"You're damn right I did and I'd do it again!"

For now, I'll leave you with this.

Lol that one is good u can even see in shawns face he popped himself

There's a much better one in Canada where he taunts the crowd really good. I'll post it when I'm not in mobile

Back