Your 2016 GOTY

I don't even know what games came out in what year anymore, I must be getting old.

I haven't played Civ 6 yet. DOOM was a lot of fun. Battlefield 1 is great but EA's filthy pricing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Blood and Wine is the expansion of the year without question.

Got to go with Dark Souks 3. Incredible series.

Hitman. So fucking good.

It is. Even my gf, who only plays Bloodborne and GTAV, loved passing the controller together and laughing at our failures and successes. Amazing game and I can't wait for Season 2.

Overwatch for me. Not that many good games this year...

Uncharted 4. Without a doubt.

No game even comes close to it. It’s graphics are the best I think I’ve ever seen in a game. The set pieces - while maybe not as plentiful as it’s previous iterations - are fucking breathtaking. (Like the bike chase?! Imagine if they hadn’t shown that at E3.....people would’ve lost their shit)

The story is top-notch. The game wasn’t afraid to stride at a slower pace at times, and really put in some great character development.

I cannot say enough about this game. Naughty Dog always has my wallet after this one. Absolutely sublime. Oh & you have two titans of voice acting in Nolan North & Troy Baker as the cherries on top of a groin-grabbingly transcendent sundae.

0w5UAMX.gif

Playing Uncharted 4 right now. I am not disappointed; great game.

Not that I've played every game I'd like to from 2016 but Inside blew my mind. Perfection.

Pacing was amazing. Atmosphere and visuals were stunning and all the actions/interactions/puzzles and animations were flawless. Really blew my mind, with the story being a vague enough to keep me thinking about it long after.

Left me with a real sense of "wow, this is what can be done with video games".

Look forward to replaying it.

Back