You will get the Wildcard!

Nola213

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Anyone else finding it strange that it seems after every loss the coach tells the guy "Your gonna get that wildcard I can feel it" That's what Jones said to bubba (forget what Sonnen said to Tor but it was almost as bad). I mean you can't promise it to every guy that loses when there's only 1 per team(I believe) available.

I remember Jones saying it to Gilbert after the first fight, but not as definitively as he said it to Bubba. So how is Gilbert supposed to feel now?

I forget the Wildcard format but isn't it decided by the coaches and Dana?

I know you wanna lift a guy up after he loses, and give him something to keep working for, but some of these sound like promises. Instead just say "Hey you fought a good fight, keep your chin up, and there's always the wildcard".

and leave it at that.

Can someone refresh my memory on how the wildcards are chosen? thanks. It is one guy per team yes?

Last edited:
He just wants them to feel better. Personally I think Bubba is shit for a fighter and does not deserve the wildcard.

Same here. I don't like Bubba one bit, and he seems to shrink when the time comes.

I was just trying to remeber how the Wildcard's were picked, I forget the exact format, and actually how the decision is made.

I know they wan't to keep the fighter's spirit up. But Jones all but guaranteed Bubba the Wildcard, even though Bubbas performance was terrible. Isn't the Wildcard supposed to go to the loser of like the fight of the season? Not the guy who got Choked out in round 1? Bubba better not get that Wildcard.

Well there are only 2 guys eligible for the wildcard pick right now.

Bubba
Kevin

The other guys got KTFO. I think there are like 2-3 more fights left? I can see Hester getting the wild card spot if he doesn't get KO'd.

Bubba was all talk. Words cannot express how elated I was when he got beat by the youngest guy in the house. If he gets the wildcard, something is gonna stink up the whole deal. I can't be certain, but didn't he say something about training with Jones at Greg Jackson's camp???

Well, he is the only guy from team Jones who can be picked. He is the only one who doesn't have receveid a ko. Although I think that Clint Hester might get that place if he got subbed or something like that.

But, must have one of each team, right?

Bubba was all talk. Words cannot express how elated I was when he got beat by the youngest guy in the house. If he gets the wildcard, something is gonna stink up the whole deal. I can't be certain, but didn't he say something about training with Jones at Greg Jackson's camp???

yea he trains there and has trained w/ Jones as far as I understand it.

Yea it will look very shady if Bubba gets the Wildcard. I mean being caught by a punch and KO'd can happen to anyone. Giving up your back and getting RNC'd is just getting dominated imo.

I guess it will come down to who's healthy, and who the coach pushes for. I'm fairly sure the format is 1 wildcard per team, and the two coaches and DW meet and discuss and decide. I could be totally wrong, haven't seen the Wilcard picks in a while. I don't think they had em last season , again I could be wrong, and I didn't watch the season prior to that one. So, I forget exactly.

When does the wildcard come into play? I believe 14 fighters made it into the house, so there will only be 7 people advancing to the next round which obviously leaves someone without an opponent. It seems like there should only be one wildcard.

In my humble opinion, the wildcard should not go to anyone who has been stopped, whether by KO or sub. It's not even like it was a great fight before Bubba was subbed.

When does the wildcard come into play? I believe 14 fighters made it into the house, so there will only be 7 people advancing to the next round which obviously leaves someone without an opponent. It seems like there should only be one wildcard.

After the first 7 match-ups. 2 losers from those fight will be chosen to fight for the 8th spot in next rnd.

I hate to say it but it's is just hating to say out of the fights so far Bubba doesn't deserve it. His fight was pretty entertaining. He won the 1st rnd. He didn't get KTFO. He's not as bad as Kevin Casey

Well there are only 2 guys eligible for the wildcard pick right now.

Bubba
Kevin

The other guys got KTFO. I think there are like 2-3 more fights left? I can see Hester getting the wild card spot if he doesn't get KO'd.

You mean for medical clearance reasons? Otherwise, competitively, isn't getting choked the f**k out (CTFO?) the equivalent of getting KTFO? By that logic only Kevin is really eligible for the wildcard in that he lost a decision. But I agree with whoever said that the wildcard should be there for someone who lost the fight of the season, not sad-sack Bubba.

You mean for medical clearance reasons? Otherwise, competitively, isn't getting choked the f**k out (CTFO?) the equivalent of getting KTFO? By that logic only Kevin is really eligible for the wildcard in that he lost a decision. But I agree with whoever said that the wildcard should be there for someone who lost the fight of the season, not sad-sack Bubba.

Tor posted on his website the other day:
"Now I just look ahead and put the lost behind me. There

Back