You Need to Wear Fitness Tracking Watches to Buy Health Insurance

I’m pretty sure it’s optional.

No need to get all Orwellian over this. Lmao

So you have to wear a Fitbit now? Eh that’s not a huge deal to me

I’m waiting for car insurance companies to start using your vehicle gps data to raise your rates if you speed.
I would have absolutely no problem with this.

The watch thing is too invasive of privacy though.

the only use i can see for this is to make sure my blood alcohol level stays above .08%

My sons friend was hired by one on the genetic/DNA companies (ancestry, 123 dna) whatever, they are testing for health issues in DNA. Pretty soon no insurance for bad genetics. It’s coming

Cool, we can see how many miles a day 75 year olds have to walk to avoid the grips of Obamacare death panels.

It's going to happen. In fact there's a bunch of scenarios where it's already happening.
I was recently doing a report on the utilisation of cloud computing in the field of sleep medicine, and discovered that US insurance companies are starting to refuse to pay for sleep treatment without proof of adherence by the patient, provided by cloud connected CPAP machines.

my parents got some new tracking device on their cars for the next 90 days to try and get their insurance rates lowered. they are at a 7% increase currently. LOL

That’s just perverse. Please no.

I’m guessing if you have a good job with health benefits you still bypass all that right? Since they mass buy for group or something.

It's going to happen. In fact there's a bunch of scenarios where it's already happening.
I was recently doing a report on the utilisation of cloud computing in the field of sleep medicine, and discovered that US insurance companies are starting to refuse to pay for sleep treatment without proof of adherence by the patient, provided by cloud connected CPAP machines.
Well people don’t use them. Why should they pay for them? I worked with these people for almost 20 years and I’d say 1/4 of them actually using the devices is generous. You can find the machines on Craigslist and Facebook yard sale sites daily

So twonpages in and did anyone besides me actually read the article?

I've thought about that too. Eventually it will become a realistic possibility with the way cars are going. The incentive is certainly there.

That would suck big time.
On the other hand, it may make it more affordable for those of us who have good driving habits.

Back