Social You live in a world where crypto zoology is real

Tbh i don't have that naiveness, i just get curious while seems there may be good story with potential of end up true

Like don't believe in nessie teh dinosaur, i find extremely unlikely bigfoot is walking somewhere in north america, really doubt a megalodon large as 2 trucks is killing shit left and right without us notice him

Ironically one of YT channel i like most is this italian guy (Lorenzo Rossi) who's maximum cryptozoology figure in Italy and in most of his vids he would explain why this is false, that's unlikely, that's debunked made up bullshit etc

Essentially he's the face of cryptozoology here and at same time the first to call bullshit rather than play ambiguous to keep naive audience hooked in fantasy shit and get views and clicks, because following a logic i agree with he believe is important for cryptozoology to get rid of that kind of farce gimmicks to be recognized as legit niche of science

I like read stuff in that sweet rare spot in the middle between the two extremes, i'm not interested on see YT vid claiming extreme bullshit monster is real as much as i'm totally indifferent to learn actual real 23th subspecie of small frog has been discovered today in Brazil

Raja Gaj elephant story was cool, because started with some credible base and ended up being real on most part (ridicolous size and bizzarre look), even if DNA test debunked most fantasy theories about it being a new species that link with prehistoric mammoth/elephants

Bili apes was another good one at least as premise, even if ended up being mostly debunked... not only DNA said were just chimps but also most stories about them being "special" ended up being just stories
But again premise was (or at least looked like could) hit that "realistic but still interesting" kind of stories

Hogzilla one was funny too as while having all the traits of the bullshit story they had way to get hands on it since was already killed when the story became famous, so was'nt much tourism scam urban legend

Gustave the croc reached legendary status yet we know exist(ed), given the premise was surely just an exceptionally large/badass normal croc with no much different specie mystery behind it

But middle road stuff like that is rare because most of times we are told either about obvious clickbait fantasy bs oron other extreme about very realistic but "small" stuff that fail at catch interest lol

That's if we stick to stuff currently alive, extinct animals still have lot of cool stories to tell imho
Take the recent discovery of palaeoloxodon namadicus for example, shit is super badass to imagine
Got to accept lame ass hornless rhino was #1 of SHW mammals for whole childhood, now we discover real life LotR giant elephant was a thing and would whoop his ass lol

Justice restored, thanks science.
Man, I fully agree. I love watching more or less legit dinosaur docus and read on new found species. I'm very into all kinds of infos about new species of Giganotosauri and Deinonychosauri for instance. Also all those crazy ocean reptilians, birds being relatives of exactly those feathered bastards like Utharaptor etc.

It's extreme fun and very interesting to put into perspective that these monsters lived here very succesfull and very smart for millions of years.
I'm reading about extinct elephants aswell and there were some true monsters out there aswell as the one you mentioned. Fucking 20 tons!

And yes, a bit of wonder and magic in this world only makes it richer for us if it isn't walking into crazy territory.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back