You know what’s impressive about GSP

You list Jake Shields as a great win but don't list Mark Coleman and Randleman for Fedor? Lol

Jon Fitch? Lol

One eyed 38 year old Bisping? Lol cherry picked the bummiest MW champ ever then retired again after beating him lol...

155er Penn who out boxed george in the first fight.

put the whole world to sleep with boring ass lay and pray fights one after the other.

Matt Hughes in their 3rd fight was a can who went 3-3 in his next 6

Tapped to strikes by KO loss in his prime to journey man LW Matt Serra another can.. When was Fedor kod or tapped to strikes in his prime?

Lost to Hendricks but got gift decided

Fedor beat prime Nog 2x, dominated Mirko on the feet is more impressive than anything GSP ever did and I still have GSP as #2 goat after Fedor.

Fedor won the world hw title in 2003 and won his next 18 straight fights without a loss until 2010 and in that span beat Nog, Mirko. Coleman 2x, Randleman, AA, Hunt,Sylvia, Fujita and Lindland.

Fedor did this whole being the smaller guy in most of his fights without cutting weight like a bitch and fighting smaller men like GSP did..

VlArQpi.png

Well in the case of this discussion between Jim and I it means everything. He is pretty much in checkmate.

What I meant is, GSP officially win.

So there's no point to argue something. GSP won against Hendricks, and this is the fact that will go down in history, and nobody can revert the result.

How does comparing this fight change the factual outcome of GSP/Hendricks?
Your non answer is telling. I dont need or want to change the factual outcome of the fight. I simply do not care. I scored it, as did everyone else watching it for hendricks. The fact is hendricks beat the shit through him.

Is it a fact that garcia beat nam phan? Answer it.

What I meant is, GSP officially win.

So there's no point to argue something. GSP won against Hendricks, and this is the fact that will go down in history, and nobody can revert the result.
Im not trying to revert it. Just stating what I and the vast majority of those watching saw, hendricks beating gsp black and blue.

Out of GSPs 28 fights, 9 of them have been against cans. So lets not act like hes never had any showcase fights. If you want to consider Matt Hughes in the second fight a can (some will,some wont) then thats 10 fights against cans.
Lmfao...you sir are an idiot.....plain and simple

lol, i love how everytime fedors resume comes up every1 is a can aside from like 5 people.

what about herring? coleman? randleman?
I broke this down a while ago Il see if I can find it, but even the unknown guys Fedor fought early on were tough guys. A few of em with legit world class backgrounds in wrestling, judo, or sambo.

Your non answer is telling. I dont need or want to change the factual outcome of the fight. I simply do not care. I scored it, as did everyone else watching it for hendricks. The fact is hendricks beat the shit through him.

Is it a fact that garcia beat nam phan? Answer it.
You pivoting away from the primary topic and trying to make a weak strawman connection to another fight tells me all I need to know about your fan IQ, general communication abilities and rational thinking skills.

I broke this down a while ago Il see if I can find it, but even the unknown guys Fedor fought early on were tough guys. A few of em with legit world class backgrounds in wrestling, judo, or sambo.

without cans:
25/27:5
<Gordonhat>

or maybe 28:5

Out of GSPs 28 fights, 9 of them have been against cans. So lets not act like hes never had any showcase fights. If you want to consider Matt Hughes in the second fight a can (some will,some wont) then thats 10 fights against cans.

I'm saying those guys are cans.

diego Sanchez and josh burkman? Lol wow that's the mecca of mma right there lmao

Shields has street fight level striking and couldn't punch his way out of a paper bag and beat Hendo who had a bad back injury at the time after hendo gassed after nearly finishing Shields in the first striking exchange and then shields laid on him. super impressive. Lol

Lets look at this in depth

Coleman was coming off of a win over Shogun.

Randleman was coming off a KO win over #2 mirko.

Lindland was coming off a close fought split decision with prime Rampage who went on to KO Chuck and dominate hendo.

Your posts are garbage ufc geek revisionist history bullshit favoring bums like diego Sanchez and burkman. Lol

My son.

WW division was overrated as shit which is why Gsp in his prime got ktfod and tapped to strikes to journeyman lw can like Matt Serra.

a division where a bum like Dan hardy got a title shot for beating lytle and marcus Davis lol and Gsp laid on him for 5 rounds.

A division where Jon Fitch got a title shot from beating Burkman ans diego Sanchez.

Gsp was great but his competition was overrated as fuck because his run happened during a time when the ufc marketing machine was at its absolute peak and bums like Dan hardy were considered elite wins.

Sorry bra but beating prime Nog and prime mirko and prime aa and prime hunt is a million times more impressive than anything Gsp did while tapping to strikes in his prime.

How is calling fighters “cans” and “bums” not fighter bashing????

@Arkridge or other, how do some posters get away with saying this stuff while it’s a clear violation of the rules on sherdog. I can see slipping up once but non stop even after he was supposedly talked too?!?!?

You pivoting away from the primary topic and trying to make a weak strawman connection to another fight tells me all I need to know about your fan IQ, general communication abilities and rational thinking skills.
You're the one that cannot answer the most simple of questions. Garcia beat phan on the scorecards. Did he win the fight as you saw it? Yes or no.

diego Sanchez and josh burkman? Lol wow that's the mecca of mma right there lmao

Shields has street fight level striking and couldn't punch his way out of a paper bag and beat Hendo who had a bad back injury at the time after hendo gassed after nearly finishing Shields in the first striking exchange and then shields laid on him. super impressive. Lol

Lets look at this in depth

Coleman was coming off of a win over Shogun.

Randleman was coming off a KO win over #2 mirko.

Lindland was coming off a close fought split decision with prime Rampage who went on to KO Chuck and dominate hendo.

Your posts are garbage ufc geek revisionist history bullshit favoring bums like diego Sanchez and burkman. Lol

My son.

Again Coleman was on a 1 fight win streak, regardless of who that win was over( a LHW and won only because of a freak injury dummy) it still only takes a low ranked HW 1 win to get a title shot on Fedor. If the requirement for your competition is to only have a single win(in some cases not even a single win) than it is clearly less prestigious than a belt where the competition must string together several wins.

By default GSP was a better champion because he defended a belt that held more prestige rather than being a champion where majority of your titke defenses were circus shows.

Lol i like how you ignore how Fedors joke of a competition was, then rank Coleman and randleman so highly, while claiming Bj Penn, Jon Fitch, and Jake Shields were garbage wins.

The fact that you dont know that at the time Diego was a highly ranked clearly shows that you werent a fan during that era, and if you didnt watch MMA back then, then why do you think anyone cares about your uneducated opinion?

The fact that you categorize Bisping as a bum with 1 eye shows a transparant bias towards discrediting any opponent GSP has fought, in reality Bisping was on a 5 fight win streak, with 2 top 5 wins, and was the MW champion you goof. If your opinons cannot even be expected to hold on to some sense of reality then whats the use of conversing with such a moron??

Those bloated LWs GSP laid on were not "top competition".

Also, he lost to Hendricks.

The only LW he fought in his 9 defenses was BJ Penn, who was a previous WW champion, current LW champion, top 3 P4P, now lets compare that with Jon Jones bloated MW's for his defenses.

Vitor Belfort, Chael Sonnen, Rashad Evans, and Lyoto Machida. Literally 50% of his title defenses were against bloated MW's.

What about Anderson Silva??
Didnt he defend against Maia?? Or what about Patrick Cote?? Nate the great?? All 3 easily made WW without any significant loss in muscle mass.. And this is roughly 30% of his title defenses.

Yet GSP has 1 single defense against a LW and you categorize all his opponents as bloated LW's like a fool.

And nothing more pathetic than Fedor defending against bloated MW's.

Again another fool whose opinion is so moronic that it must exclude any form of logic for it to make sense.

Last edited:
isnt the point of sherdog fighter bashing?

Point being, enforce the rules 100% with EVERYBODY or don’t enforce the rules at all. Seems like some posters get special privileges here which is bull. That poster that is CEAR fighter bashing was just talked to about his behavior like 4 days ago, apparently he got a “warning”. Well that warning didn’t work since he is back to fighter bashing again…I get yellows for fighter bashing Ben Saunders which I accepted, and got double yellows for flaming @Typrune Goatley a “bitch”…but @Mixfight can go unpunished for flaming other posters and clearly fighter bashing. I am sure the moderators will ban me soon for speaking the truth too!

Go watch a GSP highlight.
K

Now go watch Fedors.

Thats literally all you need. Its not close. Its not a debate.

Gsp is great. Fedor was something else.

Every single punch, kick, takedown, submission, literally every thing he did was more impressive than GSP. Ive never watched GSP and just heen in awe of him performance.

And you guys can deny it all you want.

Fujita, and Schlitt are much, much, much more dangerous fighters than Alves and Fitch. (not to mention Nog, CC).

People talk about Fedors competition. Koscheck, Fitch, Alves, Sheilds, Hardy.

You might think of these guys as big names. I dont... Zero champions, and all of them together have maybe 5 or 6 memorable fights

GSP is a top 2 GOAT candidate along with Fedor, depending on how you look at it.

But to keep things in perspective, GSP started fighting 2 years after Fedor and has less overall fights with 28 total fights.

I highly doubt GSP will be as impressive at 40 years old and 35+ fights.

But GSP has a better resume as far as not padded with cans as well.

GSP is much more intelligent than Fedor so I doubt he's gonna come in sloppy and far past his prime like Fedor has done.

Im not trying to revert it. Just stating what I and the vast majority of those watching saw, hendricks beating gsp black and blue.

Except the ones who are paid to know the rules, judge fights, be neutral, not listening to Joe Rogan and not let their judgement altered by the fact that someone finally has a close fight after years of dominance. Many journalists and fans have changed who they scored it for after rewatching the fight a second time. There was even a poll here proving this fact.

WW division was overrated as shit which is why Gsp in his prime got ktfod and tapped to strikes to journeyman lw can like Matt Serra.

a division where a bum like Dan hardy got a title shot for beating lytle and marcus Davis lol and Gsp laid on him for 5 rounds.

A division where Jon Fitch got a title shot from beating Burkman ans diego Sanchez.

Gsp was great but his competition was overrated as fuck because his run happened during a time when the ufc marketing machine was at its absolute peak and bums like Dan hardy were considered elite wins.

Sorry bra but beating prime Nog and prime mirko and prime aa and prime hunt is a million times more impressive than anything Gsp did while tapping to strikes in his prime.
Dan hardy lost to Chris lytle.

Back