You know I'm actually suprised Gegard Mousasi isn't in the HW Tourny

Afrikan

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
He's faught at HW before right? He's always been one of those fighters like Mo who go up and down weigh classes for fights.... like the old Pride fighters before them.

Maybe he just wants to focus on getting back on a groove at 185 first.

But he would be able to hang in there and could beat fighters like current Sonnen, Rampage (2017 Rampage), Bader, Mo, Fedor.

Maybe he can be an alternate.

Good call, To be honest I'm thinking there are enough big names and fun fights to make a second one

Carwin
Sergei
Mousasi
Wand
Rory
Kongo
Manhoef
Liddell

He has the ability to compete at 185, 205 or HW that said 185 is his best weight. He should focus on winning the MW belt first then go from there. I think he said he wants to be 2 division champ so he can try LHW but Bader is a pretty tough fight for him.

Moose v Fedor would be a fight everyone would want to see.

Moose v Fedor would be a fight everyone would want to see.
Not gonna happen
20110410020915_IMG_4647.JPG

3224398265_cefe5bae92.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

20110410021920_img_4936.jpg

8646.jpg

fedor_moussasi.jpg

I really don’t think mousasi would have too much of a problem fighting fedor. Pretty sure he was even closer with Dan Henderson and that didn’t stop him
Him and Henderson are friends? Didn't know. Mousasi killed him...

Him and Henderson are friends? Didn't know. Mousasi killed him...

Yeah he trained a bunch with Dan and would even stay at his house .

Attachments

• 35C6993E-9803-4A54-A617-9FE3D3383A97.jpeg
    35C6993E-9803-4A54-A617-9FE3D3383A97.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 10
Moose is great but he would lose that GP with ease.

Moose just got messed up by a MW and got a gift decision win. He could get seriously hurt in a HW tourney.

He probably would be but dude has a broken eye socket and I don't even know if he's had surgery on it yet so tourny is no go but would be completely awesome if he was in and won it.Hes capable of beating every heavyweight that's in tournament

Moose just got messed up by a MW and got a gift decision win. He could get seriously hurt in a HW tourney.
Lol- broken eye socket in first minute - Still dominated round 1 and won round 2..
Easy 29-28 with one eye for 14 minutes.

He's faught at HW before right? He's always been one of those fighters like Mo who go up and down weigh classes for fights.... like the old Pride fighters before them.

Maybe he just wants to focus on getting back on a groove at 185 first.

But he would be able to hang in there and could beat fighters like current Sonnen, Rampage (2017 Rampage), Bader, Mo, Fedor.

Maybe he can be an alternate.
Actually makes sense since he´d be the only one relatively still in his prime.

His stock dropped after Sasha beat him (;)) and it's really not too often a good strategy to put absolutely everything you have into a tournament. I think Coker learned that with the Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix-- that wasn't the Yoko Ono of Strikeforce's end like people say it was, but it wasn't handled as well as it could've been. They also want their middleweight division to be marketable beyond whenever Shlemenko turns in a highlight-reel moment or an entertaining fight-- that's why they gave Sakara a title-shot (he could be an extremely profitable figure in Italy if he's a champ) and did the same thing with Manhoef-- so keeping the Mousasi train on schedule and having him fight the Carvalho-Sakara winner next is a good, safe strategy.
Besides that, Mousasi's heaviest is, like, 210, and that's eating as much as he wants and probably with his clothes on. Even when he was fighting at light-heavyweight that hadn't changed. Having light-heavyweights in a heavyweight tournament is one thing, since a lot of 'em weigh between 220 and 230 and that's a reasonable weight to fight a heavyweight at (Wanderlei Silva was heavier than Mirko Cro Cop, remember), but having a guy in the tournament weighing 210 is a tougher sell. That's the whole reason Pride had Ninja Rua bulk up to 220 (or whatever he weighed in at) when he fought Sergei Kharitonov; he clearly didn't look to be in the best shape of his career, but just the fact that he was 220 helped the image of the tournament way more than if he'd come in at an in-shape 203 would've.

There's a good chance Mousasi may get an alternate spot in the tournament, though.

He's probably sick of facing bigger dudes and just wants to fight at MW. He's served his time as an openweight badass.

Back