You heard it here first: Jose Aldo Vs Dustin Poirier is next

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 512089

With Conor/Cowboy and Gaethje/Pettis both in the works, this is the next fight that the UFC will do.

Khabib and Tony are going to fight and Dustin is on a nice streak. He needs to be occupied but won't fight below him. Hence Aldo. Excellent fight for Aldo too, because he gets a top 5 LW who also used to be a featherweight. So he doesn't get to face the huge weight cutters in his first fight.

You heard it first, it's going to happen. Probably at UFC 234 in February.

With Conor/Cowboy and Gaethje/Pettis both in the works, this is the next fight that the UFC will do.

Khabib and Tony are going to fight and Dustin is on a nice streak. He needs to be occupied but won't fight below him. Hence Aldo. Excellent fight for Aldo too, because he gets a top 5 LW who also used to be a featherwei. So he doesn't get to face the huge weight cutters in his first fight.

And if it doesn't happen, you never use this account again?

Khabib and Tony are going to fight and Dustin is on a nice streak. He needs to be occupied but won't fight below him. Hence Aldo. Excellent fight for Aldo too, because he gets a top 5 LW who also used to be a featherweight. So he doesn't get to face the huge weight cutters in his first fight.

Sir you need to have a more serious conversation with the voices in your head. They are not giving you valid information.

I think Poirier faces Kevin Lee next, after Lee sends Iaquinta back to irrelevance.

Its not a stretch at all. Depends on how fast Dustin is healed and wants to fight. If he is out for a while I think it'll be Lee.

Its not a stretch at all. Depends on how fast Dustin is healed and wants to fight. If he is out for a while I think it'll be Lee.

Dustin's already back in training apparently

But what about Nate Diaz??? Dustin pulled out, not Nate. Why not book the rematch? Cmonnnn!

I could see that, and it would suck for Porier. Would love to watch it though. Aldo 3rd Rd T/KO

Why are you throwing Pettis' name out there like he's relevant? I also highly doubt Cerrone vs Mcgregor will happen, not yet anyways.

But what about Nate Diaz??? Dustin pulled out, not Nate. Why not book the rematch? Cmonnnn!

Because Nate has become a diva and is unbearable to deal with

Why are you throwing Pettis' name out there like he's relevant? I also highly doubt Cerrone vs Mcgregor will happen, not yet anyways.

Just pointing that he's booked against Gaethje, because if not they could have gone for a Aldo/Pettis fight. It's a match that has been talked of for years

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d prefer Aldo and pettis so Aldo can ease his way in....but I think he’s done after he knocks out these last 2-3 fights. So maybe in his mind he wants the biggest fights possible and the highest ranked guys. Although a pettis fight would draw some interest I would think

Maybe he’s that serious about a lw title run he wants Poirier,Nate, khabib, Conor etc.

Becauss Nate has become a diva and is unbearable to deal with

Just pointing that he's booked agaonat Gaethje, because if not they could have gone for a Aldo/Pettis fight. It's a match that has been talked of for years
I guess, they should stop giving Pettis big fights though imo. Before he was the LW champ they scheduled him against Aldo for the 145lb belt (he'd never even fought at 145). Then he loses 3 straight at 155 and after 1 win at 145 they give him an interim title fight with Holloway. Then after a close decision win over miller, a loss to Poirier and a win over Chiesa he got a shot at Ferguson. They also wanted to throw him against Khabib for the belt when Tony pulled out. It's like he's constantly 1 fight away from a title shot.

Back