You have to check this guy out!

LastingEffect

What greater gift than the love of a cat
@purple
Reaction score
So I found this guy on youtube who has a lot of knowledge about fighting and is all around quite a sharp guy who isn't trying to sell you anything.

He's former professional fighter, who now lives and teaches in China. Although his fighting record aren't that impressive, but in videos he talks in great detail about fighting and his actually experiences.

He has this no bullshido attitude towards martial arts and makes these long ass videos derailing various myths about combat sports.

Dude doesn't have a lot of subscribers, but his content is top-notch! Few of his videos:

Few funny ones:

Longer ones that shows he knows that he's talking about:

Last edited:
Yeah he has some interesting ideas, and if you watch his sparring videos a really interesting style. It's very rare to hear from someone who actually can fight and uses elements of traditional arts.

He is able to tell you in 2000 words what can be said in 20.

What he says about Tai Chi lets me suspect there is not much insight. He more or less makes these connections up to give legitimacy. Understandable as he lives in China but far from the truth.

He is able to tell you in 2000 words what can be said in 20.

What he says about Tai Chi lets me suspect there is not much insight. He more or less makes these connections up to give legitimacy. Understandable as he lives in China but far from the truth.
He would probably get more views if he managed to shorten the videos up. I also don't agree with his views about ketogenic, paleo diets, but overall he' has the right attitude towards self defence.

At work I just put his videos in the background and listen to them like a podcast. Majority of the times I agree with insights or at least I understand where he's coming from.

Back