"You had ONE job!" - Pentagon buys uniforms for 28M Dollars in wrong color

And you would be wrong on many accounts

The Army would be wearing: universal camouflage pattern, multicam or scorpion
The Marines most certainly wear their woodland utilities along with their desert utilities and neither of them are available for use by personnel not in the US Military attached to Marines

" Beige/desert " was a general layman's description of the color , not the technically correct term for the pattern and color.

Like what Marines are wearing here.

how anyone can call to give them even more money without them being able to account for how they've spent it boggles the mind.

150917133655-trump-cnn-debate-facial-expression-large-169.jpg

Trump proposes $54 billion defense spending hike

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/16/politics/donald-trump-defense-budget-blueprint/index.html

Within the past decade, the Pentagon bought 28 million dollars worth of uniforms for Afghanistan - only in the wrong camo color. They bought green/brown suited for forests instead of sand/light brown for deserts.

https://www.sigar.mil/pdf/special projects/SIGAR-17-48-SP.pdf

can you imagine if this was the national park service or DMV? conservatives would be at the door with pitchforks and torches. the military can waste millions....billions? and it barely makes the news.

It's not really wasted..We can save those for when we do need it for a jungle environment. Maybe we'll go back to Vietnam one day. I think North Korea is surrounded by mountains and forests too.

And this is one of their cheaper mistakes

Prob did it on purpose to get a kickback on the restocking fees lol

I don't think it's that crazy. Marines wear green cammies most of the year anyway at home. They'll definitely be used.

did 2 tours in Afghanistan. they have a variety of climates and environments many of which a green based pattern would be not only acceptable but preferred. hell even that shitty ACU worked in some of the locales...

did 2 tours in Afghanistan. they have a variety of climates and environments many of which a green based pattern would be not only acceptable but preferred. hell even that shitty ACU worked in some of the locales...

Blend in with rocks and shit

" Beige/desert " was a general layman's description of the color , not the technically correct term for the pattern and color.

Like what Marines are wearing here.

Yet again, the Marines uniforms are not an option for foreign nationals and the Marines do wear woodland utilities in Afghanistan commonly.

I get that you seem to have a hard on for whoever wrote this report opinion, but yet you see just in this thread by people that actually had to wear camouflage disagreement with it. So you can get over the aspergers that you saw footage of Marines wearing their digital pattern cause they were in the right part of Helmand province for it. They would wear green too, and either way their patterns are not licensed for others use.

Yet again, the Marines uniforms are not an option for foreign nationals and the Marines do wear woodland utilities in Afghanistan commonly.

I get that you seem to have a hard on for whoever wrote this report opinion, but yet you see just in this thread by people that actually had to wear camouflage disagreement with it. So you can get over the aspergers that you saw footage of Marines wearing their digital pattern cause they were in the right part of Helmand province for it. They would wear green too, and either way their patterns are not licensed for others use.

I said nothing about who the uniform is available for. My response was specificially to your comment : " Lol at your thread title and thinking you should have a desert uniform there "

I don't have a "hard-on" for the article. I didn't even read the article! and you can see that I didn't even give a Like for the OP. To reiterate my response was not on the OP , rather just your resposne.

I have watched enough footage and documentaries to know US forces (in Astan) also wear other colors . And I have seen and read enough of Afghanistan to know there is all sorts of terrain there , such that desert camo/beige is used in some situations but not all.

Last edited:
Well....

326587.jpg

forest.png

HillsofPaktya.JPG

There is a lot more greenery than people think. There's also tons of desert, but there's plenty of greenery during certain seasons.

Safe for 1 12th of the year, tell them to harden up?

No biggie. They'll just start a war to match the outfits.

Is joke.

Ah because people left to themselves would do it better. Go fuck yourselves you self-important assholes.

There are people who absolutely abuse the shit out of American tax dollars. What the fuck would you know about it?

usually when the military is caught "wasting" money it's just a cover for some top-secret spending.

There are people who absolutely abuse the shit out of American tax dollars. What the fuck would you know about it?

So people that abuse the system should fuck over those that really need it?

Again, go fuck yourself and the hat you rode in on.

Love Tank btw. Hardcore.

Back