You gotta feel for this woman she developed bad Cystic Acne in her adulthood

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Its weird because I never had Acne as a teen, my skin was smooth up but in my late 20s I started getting oily skin and cystic Acne but not like hers, she has severe Acne, mines was like one or two big Cystic Acne zits usually on my back or near my nose or top of forehead where the oiliest part of my face was.

I think its hormonal, when I was younger I barely had any facial hair, or body hair, now im in my 30s and I got lots of thick facial hair, leg hair, and forearm hair that I never had before, until I started reaching my 30s.

'I'd just sit and cry': Woman's before-and-after acne photos show her 'painful' journey

330fd9b752cc8ecf2b073d0dcf4ed169

A woman has shared photos of her severe acne online, saying the painful condition makes her feel like a “monster.”

Mother-of-two Steph Klassen, who is 29 years old, said her acne appeared unexpectedly in September and has been getting gradually worse ever since.

“Yep that’s right, almost 30 freaking years old and this happens,” said Klassen.

“It’s #painful it’s #ugly it’s #debilitating,” she wrote on Instagram, alongside a photo of her swollen face.

She continued: “I’m trying my absolute best to be #positive to not hide myself away but carry on. I won’t lie, it’s not easy. Some days are sunshine rainbows and puppies lol others are bawl in a fetal position for hours.”

Klassen developed severe cystic acne when she was 25 years old and pregnant. However, tragically, she ended up losing the baby at 18 weeks when she contracted sepsis and doctors had to fight to save her life.

2dd14783f703a86b417f4eee0fcf1bda

Now, she’s on 20 mg of acne medication isotretinoin, two daily hormone-balancing capsules, turmeric capsules, iodine drops, and hormone balancing cream (not applied to her face).

She also uses aloe vera gel straight from the plant on her face, and she has cut out inflammatory foods.

“It’s so hard to not assume that everyone is staring at me and thinking ‘omg look at her face.’ My sense of self-confidence is slightly askew,” she wrote online.

“I go out and I’lI have a hard time making eye contact or even holding my head high. I end up exhausted from trying to keep myself from bawling or just straight up losing it,” she said.

Daily Mail, Steph said she has a “warped” image of herself now, and some days she feels “like a monster.”

“The cysts were so deep they were hitting the nerve endings in my face,” she said. “The feeling was like a million lightning bolts shooting all across my face. Sometimes I felt so helpless I’d just sit and cry.”

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/id-...ne-photos-show-painful-journey-173209365.html

Really rough luck. Could be worse...could be a whole lot better. Hope she finds a solution.

That's Greyscale!!

"Greyscale, also known as "Prince Garin’s curse", is a dreaded and usually fatal disease that can leave flesh stiff and dead, and the skin cracked and flaking, and stone-like to the touch. Those that manage to survive a bout with the illness will be immune from ever contracting it again, but the flesh damaged by the ravages of the disease will never heal, and they will be scarred for life. Princess Shireen Baratheon caught greyscale as an infant and survived, but the ordeal left half of her face disfigured by the disease. Jorah Mormont is the only known living survivor of Greyscale, and unlike Shireen made a full recovery. People afflicted by the disease are often called “Stone Men”, due to how it makes their skin hard and dead. Stone Men are often exiled from society to live in ruined cities in Essos, such as Old Valyria. "
We need to exile them

Man that sucks... Hopefully they can get her sorted.

Poor girl. Feel bad for her

Toughen up buttercup it Could be worse .

I'd give her a facial

Man, that does suck. I feel bad for her.

Everyone needs the security of feeling at least mildly attractive and I can imagine that this really is fucking with her head.

Hopefully the docs can get it sorted for her. It seems like one of those things that would be easily solved with the right medication, but maybe not.

Shit. I do.

I am now going to go shower, wash my face, and apply stuff. I could not imagine living somewhere where they cannot help someone with this or living 200 years ago.

fuck that!

That's sad. I feel really bad for her.

Once I was hanging out by the pool with my fiance and her brother and his girlfriend. He has some acne on his face but not too crazy. He randomly said that he's self conscious taking off his shirt but he's going to do it since it's just family there. The poor guy's back was so broken out it looked really painful. My heart broke for the guy.

Her "Before" pic looks like she went through some carnage in her teenage years too.

That shit sucks.

Love how they are just giving her more and more meds. I wonder if they have any idea what's causing it instead of just jamming pills down her throat and hoping for the best.

To be honest, that almost looks like a mild case of Steven Johnson's syndrome which is an allergic reaction to medication. I have a friend who's a lawyer handling these cases and it often goes misdiagnosed at first because the Medical Industry's first response to any issue is more drugs. Meanwhile, the patient gets worse and worse because of the drugs until they figure out what the fuck is going on.

Who knows though, I'm probably wrong.

That sucks, I feel bad. If it makes her feel better I'm willing to bang her and she doesn't have to wear a bag or anything. ( only doggy with lights out tho)

That fucking sucks. I can sympathize, I too developed acne worse than I’d ever had before at age 27. Not sure why.

Since about age 30 (I’m 32 now) I’ve been taking a low dose twice a week of accutane. It helps, but oddly enough my acne won’t go away permanently. If I go a couple of weeks without taking it my acne flairs up really badly. Most patients take accutane for like 3-6 months then they’re “cured” for life.

I think I should get off it soon, my dermatologist basically told me he’s never heard of a patient being on the drug as long as me. I asked him if he knew if there were long term risks for being on it this long and he said he didn’t know.

{<doc}

Last edited:
Accutane bitches. Get to know it.

My mom put me on that shit when I got my first mild acne breakout like at like 14. It's hardcore stuff with strong side effects but it's worth it imo. Never once developed an acne problem after that, even through a bunch of oily anabolic steroid cycles in my teens and 20s

Back