You could feel the end coming for Shogun

saugeye killah

No need rope hold up pants.
@Brown
Reaction score
When it became clear that Shogun wasn't urgently going after the finish in the second after knocking Dan down with the uppercut.

You can't let someone with Hendo's power hang around like that. I could tell some shit like that was going to happen, shades of the Fedor fight. Hendo throws with more power and speed when he's in one of those weird scrambles like what happened tonight or against Fedor.

I thought Hendo was going to fade somewhere around the third. He probably would have if he didn't get the finish.

Really? I couldn't. I was 75 percent certain Shogun would finish Hendo in the third.

I couldn't. Up until the KO, Shogun was dominating the fight.

Hendo looked almost immobile even before the leg kicks. Great comeback win, but his plodding style does not bode well at age 43.

Hendo is always in a fight but i thought Shogun looked good all up until the end. I found nothing wrong with his performance outside of the fact he got finished at the end.

Hendo is just a bad match-up for Shogun, plain and simple.

As someone pulling for Dan I thought he was fucked and it would take something out of nowhere to win the fight. Shogun was looking good to me, exercising patience.

I could because you could see Shogun abandoning his leg kicks, and overall distance game. He was going more into the pocket, and it was only a matter of time before they ended up in a scramble of some sort where Hendo could land a bomb.

Even though Hendo was battered in 1 and 2... I truly believe a 3rd round KO was very very possible and I was looking out for it.

Im pissed Hendo didn't gas at all from enduring all that punishment and only Shogun gassed trying to finish.

How the fuck does that punch land? Mother of god. I'm going to bed.

i didnt like the way shogun was breathing so heavy in the second round, we went all out for the finish in the first and it could have been stopped but it wasnt

As someone pulling for Dan I thought he was fucked and it would take something out of nowhere to win the fight. Shogun was looking good to me, exercising patience.

I was pulling for Dan and Shogun just looked gassed in the second (hence why he pretty much just laid on Dan after getting the knockdown with the uppercut instead of frantically doing GnP).

You could tell the heat in the arena was affecting both of them. WAR HENDO!

Didn't really look that way for two rounds. Hendo caught him with an H-bomb, shit happens.

He whooped him for 3 rounds in their 1st fight before he gassed. 2nd fight Shogun can't finish him after hitting him with his best shots and then gets knocked the fuck out by Hendo's main weapon and possibly the most predictable weapon in MMA. He's better than Shogun and a bad match-up for him. Now, you should be eating some crow my good sir.

I figured Hendo would gas and either get TKOd or lose via unanimous decision. Definitely didn't expect that type of ending.

Dude needs to fight Lil Nog. Man where the hell is that guy?

Great comeback from Hendo. Shogun was dominating, though to be fair it was Hendo's recklessness in the first that enabled Shogun to land that huge shot on him which changed the fight from then on. If Hendo had picked his shots more, he might've finished Shogun in the first, he had him in trouble.

Back