You’re introducing a new fan to the sport, who’s highlight reel do you show?

Just make sure you don't show them gsp or theyll go running for the hills.

I'd start with a story about a once ever mythical martial arts creature. Who could beat any woman or man (under the right circumstances). A once ever individual... I get teary eyed writing this...

{<RR}

Then show the Holly headkick and laugh.

Tony Ferguson and it's not even fucking close (i'm serious)

Finished every single fighter on TUF.

His current 10 fight win streak (with the exception of the Castillo fight) has literally been all FOTN, submission of the night, and knockout of the night. That's insane.......... (rare combination of violent knockouts, violent submissions, violent TUF finishes, and amazing 5 round FOTN wars)

Him being the most exciting fighter in the UFC is the sole reason why people don't hate him for his akward behavior/mannerisms (he's a weird fucking dude but we just let it slide)

Last edited:
Only show them active fighters, no sense in getting somebody hyped up on Pride then tell them the promotion died out years ago.

Cerrone
Ferguson
Holloway
Yoel
Whittaker
Khabib
Edson
Lee
Stipe
Ngannou
Derrick Lewis
MVP
Eddie Alvarez
Manlets get the job done

Wand highligts then some pride gp's. If he is not a fan of the sport then he will never be

I have introduced people to the UFC, I always go with Machida.

tumblr_m89u02RZlZ1qesp41o1_r1_1280.jpg

He's everything that you want a no-holds-barred martial arts event to look like. Personality, look, techniques, respect, etc.

Shogun Rua pride highlight.

If that level of violence doesn’t excite you, don’t need to go any deeper down the rabbit hole.

can't show them anything pre-usada since that's basically pro wrestling footage

i would show them a true clean explosive once in a lifetime athlete like tyron woodley

Tank Abbot's second UFC run, Anderson's two fights with Weedmon, Ronda's last two fights, etc..

If they are still interested after that...

Back