Yordenis Ugas Wants His World Title Crack at Errol Spence

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.boxingscene.com/yordenis-ugas-wants-his-world-title-crack-errol-spence--129214

Cuban welterweight contender Yordenis Ugas is hoping to secure his mandatory world title shot at current IBF king Errol Spence (24-0, 21 KOs).

Both fighters were in action on Saturday night in Frisco, Texas.

In a non-televised undercard fight, Ugas (22-3, 11 KOs) scored four knockdowns of his amateur rival Jonathan Batista for a dominant stoppage win in the second round.

https://www.boxingscene.com/ugas-some-point-spence-face-me-get-stripped--129248

"Well, [Spence] has to think hard about what his next step will be, because he already beat a challenger who did not deserve it," Ugas said to George Ebro.

"He talks about taking care of his legacy, but he can not face another lower level opponent. That would not help. Spence has, by law, an optional defense against an opponent of his choice. First, he can not choose a small opponent because of his legacy. Second, at some point he'll have to face me because the rules of the IBF require it. And if not, then it's the same case of Golovkin.

"I respect Vargas a lot, who has been a world champion, but I think that in boxing I'm above him. So I think Spence is wrong when he talks about [how a fight with me would] not helping him build his legacy. No, it's that I think I can stop his legacy. If a fight between Spence and Terence Crawford is negotiated, I would be the first to step aside. They would find me sitting in the front row."

*make it happen, not many guys are open at facing Spence and ugas is willing to*

i asked this question in the other thread but i honestly think Ugas is a stiffer test or a more qualified challenger than Vargas

Ugas will get the shit beat out of him and then people will complain that Spence needs bigger fights. None of which are available atm.

Still... fight your mandatory, then fight whomever you want.

Ugas isn't bad and he has earned his shot. Tough to argue Vargas as a better fight than Ugas considering Vargas just arguably lost to an inconsistent JWW.

that's what he did, he fought his mandatory, now he has an optional, Ugas is hoping to be made a mandatory by the IBF but also hoping for the optional defense next as well

BS, he literally just fought one of their mandatories. The IBF is trippin!

i asked this question in the other thread but i honestly think Ugas is a stiffer test or a more qualified challenger than Vargas
WTF...Ugas has never won any title in all his years as a pro, in fact the only belt he fought for was an intrem latino title and lost, and then lost again after that.
Vargas has won and defended world titles.

Ugas isn't bad and he has earned his shot. Tough to argue Vargas as a better fight than Ugas considering Vargas just arguably lost to an inconsistent JWW.
Ugas has lost to several green JWWs as well... Atleast Broner actually won a title at WW.

Seriously, I think Vargas is uninteresting and meh, but u guys are str8t up disrespecting him here. Is it Ugas' shiny ammy career? what am I missing.

--Since when is fighting the #3 guy taking care of the mandatory? Ugas was the #2 guy in the division, Spence fought the #3 guy, and now he says he wants to fight the #4 guy instead of progressing, he's regressing. You want to support that?
Wtf.

Honestly, I couldn't give a shit, as long as he's active, all's well with me.

Uggo's title crack is going to be a cracked ribcage then Spence opens up on his body...

BS, he literally just fought one of their mandatories. The IBF is trippin!

WTF...Ugas has never won any title in all his years as a pro, in fact the only belt he fought for was an intrem latino title and lost, and then lost again after that.
Vargas has won and defended world titles.

Ugas has lost to several green JWWs as well... Atleast Broner actually won a title at WW.

Seriously, I think Vargas is uninteresting and meh, but u guys are str8t up disrespecting him here. Is it Ugas' shiny ammy career? what am I missing.
for me i like cubans and olympic cubans so that tips it on my scale. but honestly neither are titalating opponents for Spence i would rather see him fight the big name guys but that is not likely for his next outing. Gas looked good in his last fight... that is pretty much it no disrespect to Vargas but neither of them are who i would ideally match against Spence

Sorry Ugas, Spence is concerned about his legacy, which is why he called out Sugar Jessie Vargas.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back