Yoga. Any serious practitioners?

Exactly....believe in me and do what I say or suffer for it.....seems like the bottom line in most religions.

There is no command that says you absolutely have to do what he says.(though you will want to if you actually do accept in yor heart) The only requiremnent to get to heaven is to accept that he was the real living God that was the sacrifice for all sin.

Many sects of "christianity" believe that good works get you into heaven which is brought about by following his every command. This is simply
Not true. The only requirment is that you believe. This is not a license to disobey however
But if you do happen to "make a mistake" you wont be damned for eternity.
So if I don't believe, I am going to hell?
Correct
By "many sects" are you referring to all of Christendom for the first one and a half thousand years? Justification de sola fide was never taught, ascribed to or believed in prior to this point in history. Interesting that you put the word Christianity in inverted commas, as in doing this you are implicitly claiming that no legitimate form of Christianity existed for the first 1500+ years of its history. Bold claim, son.

Also salvation is neither by works nor faith, but by grace. Your comprehension of those beliefs is sorely mistaken and deeply steeped in ignorance.

And, considering I've refuted protestantisms errors countless times in the War Room and (for some strange reason) the Berry I really can't be bothered getting into another circular discussion that shuts down everything you think you know and ends with you doing the internet equivalent of blocking your ears and shouting "I can't hear you" but if you really must, make a thread in an appropriate subforum and send me a link.

Otherwise let's get back to mobility discussions...

Has anybody had much success with some weighted mobility work? I've done some for my shoulders that I found worked quite well, but it was quite a long time ago.

I dont need to shut my ears and close my eyes to anything you said because i know that you are wrong.

For by Grace you have been saved through FAITH and that not of yourselves it is the gift of God lest anyone should boast.

Well, I am sorry to say, this version of God doesn't sound worth worshiping either.

The whole "died for our sins thing" doesn't make sense. God is meant to be omnipotent and omniscient. He should have made us not fundamentally flawed. Or, if he was worried about us all going to hell (as he designed us to), why not just... not make hell. Or close it. Or change the bar so that only kiddy rapists and serial killers go, instead of pretty much everyone. Why go through all the stuff with the son? Honestly it sounds like something from a bad fantasy novel.

And going to hell because you don't believe? That's just as bad. It is still "life as an examination" where you get sent to hell for ever if you fail the test. It's an infinitely large punishment, it's cruel and unreasonable. Most of us atheists and agnostics are as we are, we don't choose to be this way. Why would God, the creator, make so many of us like this? Why would he put us into the world with science and education? Subjecting billions of us to eternal torment because we don't believe in him/his son... because that is how he made us... I'd be trivializing it to say "sounds like an asshole". I think a better question would be- in what way is this being good? In what way is he better than the Devil? Sounds as bad or worse to me.

Well, I am sorry to say, this version of God doesn't sound worth worshiping either.

The whole "died for our sins thing" doesn't make sense. God is meant to be omnipotent and omniscient. He should have made us not fundamentally flawed. Or, if he was worried about us all going to hell (as he designed us to), why not just... not make hell. Or close it. Or change the bar so that only kiddy rapists and serial killers go, instead of pretty much everyone. Why go through all the stuff with the son? Honestly it sounds like something from a bad fantasy novel.

And going to hell because you don't believe? That's just as bad. It is still "life as an examination" where you get sent to hell for ever if you fail the test. It's an infinitely large punishment, it's cruel and unreasonable. Most of us atheists and agnostics are as we are, we don't choose to be this way. Why would God, the creator, make so many of us like this? Why would he put us into the world with science and education? Subjecting billions of us to eternal torment because we don't believe in him/his son... because that is how he made us... I'd be trivializing it to say "sounds like an asshole". I think a better question would be- in what way is this being good? In what way is he better than the Devil? Sounds as bad or worse to me.
Is it that you've seen no proof of God? I know I won't convince you right now. But I'm sincerely asking.

There is no command that says you absolutely have to do what he says.(though you will want to if you actually do accept in yor heart) The only requiremnent to get to heaven is to accept that he was the real living God that was the sacrifice for all sin.

Many sects of "christianity" believe that good works get you into heaven which is brought about by following his every command. This is simply
Not true. The only requirment is that you believe. This is not a license to disobey however
But if you do happen to "make a mistake" you wont be damned for eternity.

Correct

I dont need to shut my ears and close my eyes to anything you said because i know that you are wrong.

For by Grace you have been saved through FAITH and that not of yourselves it is the gift of God lest anyone should boast.

Lol

What place does the creation have to question what its creator has done?

So you now admit that the concept of salvation by faith alone is in error. Grand.

JauntyAngle, we could get into a discussion about your perceptions but I don't know how fruitful it would ultimately be, also I figure you likely aren't interested. The concept of God you have seems to be very calvinistic in nature, which is far from the only - and very, very far from the original - Christian perspective.

This is very close to the mobility workout that I do. It utilizes light weight to enhance many of the stretches. You can slow it down to .25 speed to see certain exercises.

Looks good.

So you now admit that the concept of salvation by faith alone is in error. Grand.

JauntyAngle, we could get into a discussion about your perceptions but I don't know how fruitful it would ultimately be, also I figure you likely aren't interested. The concept of God you have seems to be very calvinistic in nature, which is far from the only - and very, very far from the original - Christian perspective.

Before you tell me im shutting my ears im just going to say that you are just fishing for an argument. You are arguing semantics and missing the entire point. Of course you cannot exercise faith without without Gods "grace" but the bottom line is without faith/belief you will go to hell. A simple concept made complicated like most things.

Before you tell me im shutting my ears im just going to say that you are just fishing for an argument. You are arguing semantics and missing the entire point. Of course you cannot exercise faith without without Gods "grace" but the bottom line is without faith/belief you will go to hell. A simple concept made complicated like most things.

1. I am not fishing for an argument, I took issue with your implicit claim that over one and a half thousand years of Christendom were false

2. I never claimed, and do not deny, the necessity of faith. I do dispute the notion of justification de sola fide, as does all Christianity prior to the aforementioned point in history.

The statement that without faith/belief one will go to Hell I agree with (outside, of course, of circumstances such as invincible ignorance) however having faith does not necessarily mean one will go to Heaven. After all, "Tu credis quoniam unus est Deus: bene facis: et daemones credunt, et contremiscunt." (Thou believest that there is one God. Thou dost well: the devils also believe and tremble). Practicing satanists believe in God, and in the salvific nature of Our Blessed Lord Jesus Christ...

Have you anything to contribute regarding mobility exercises? If not, perhaps you would like to make a thread in another section as I suggested earlier and we can continue this discussion there. Or, if you prefer, you could simply drop it.

Demons cannot be redeemed because they are in absolute defiance if the Creator. They cant have faith that God redeemed them because even if they know that Jesus died and rose again it doesnt matter because their entire existance is to defy the Creator.

Satanists do not accept that Jesus redeemed them from their sins or else they would not be Satanists. You can believe that the happenings of the Bible were all true but if you dont accept in your heart that God redeemed you then you will still
Be going to hell. Satanists hate God its that simple.

Demons cannot be redeemed because they are in absolute defiance if the Creator. They cant have faith that God redeemed them because even if they know that Jesus died and rose again it doesnt matter because their entire existance is to defy the Creator.

Partially correct. Also due to the nature of spiritual rational beings and permanent/eternal decisions. And of course the fact that the angelic orders were never affected by Original Sin in the first place, which was what necessitated Our Blessed Lord's sacrifice. We can discuss this further in the thread, should you like to start it. Or perhaps begin discussing mobility exercises?

Satanists do not accept that Jesus redeemed them from their sins or else they would not be Satanists. You can believe that the happenings of the Bible were all true but if you dont accept in your heart that God redeemed you then you will still
Be going to hell. Satanists hate God its that simple.

So you now concede that salvation by faith alone is in fact an erroneous and false doctrine. Excellent! We have made some progress.

Have you anything to say on the matter of mobility exercises or would you like to begin the new thread I have suggested several times to you?

Last edited:
Well that went to shit pretty quickly.

It's a shame too because mobility is overlooked by lots of people and it's pretty damn important.

So it doesn't matter if I'm a good person or if I dedicated my life to helping others, In your view, I am still comdemned to an eternity in hell. On the contrary, one can be the biggest asshole and criminal in the world, cause endless suffering and still be blessed by an eternity in heaven?

You, and your god, would condemn me to eternal suffering, just because I don't believe something with no rational evidence, which you claim to be true. Why? Because you say so? Do you believe Shamanism? Nordic mythology? Santa Claus? The easter bunny?

What a horrific brainwashed attitude to have. Religion is already wacky enough, but without kindness and goodness, it's dangerous and potentially evil.

And I'm sorry, but the Pope seems to disagree with you: http://www.catholic.org/news/hf/faith/story.php?id=51077

As I get older, I have had a lot of mobility issues and a shoulder impingement. Now, I do a thorough mobility routine before lifting and have incorporate yoga classes and as many massages as I can get. It has helped quite a bit.

no no amount of works or being a "good" person buys your way into heaven only accepting the gift does........iit is irrational to have the view that there is no creator ........the pope is not a Christian because good works do not save you......

as far the mobility i gave my opinion...it is ok to do i just dont think it is necessary......if you want to pay for the classes then go ahead and knock yourself out it will probably do you some good

You don't need yoga.
Just stop lifting like a :eek::eek::eek:.
Only reason you'll get such pain is bad form.
Back straight.
At all times.
Problem solved.

I randomly get lower back muscular pain about 1-2 days a month. It comes, fking hurts, and goes away. It is here right now, and I am sick of it.

Today, I viisted a Physio for a muscle massage to release the tension. I then visited a Chiro for a spine assessment. Both told me my posture and alignment are incredible but my lower back and glute muscles are very tight. They advised me to seriously add yoga to my weekly training.

Anyone do yoga on a serious level? Will it help increase flexibility substantially?

We never saw a squat or DL video of the OP did we. That might be informative.

no no amount of works or being a "good" person buys your way into heaven only accepting the gift does........iit is irrational to have the view that there is no creator ........the pope is not a Christian because good works do not save you......

How much can this invisible sky God squat though....that's what I want to know.

Back