Yoel Romero

Romero is definitely an interesting addition to the weightclass. Can't deny his olympic credentials, can't deny his finish rate so far. I'd like to see him against a higher tier opponent next

Romero is definitely an interesting addition to the weightclass. Can't deny his olympic credentials, can't deny his finish rate so far. I'd like to see him against a higher tier opponent next

Yup, he brings the word "explosive" to a whole new level.

Sure he's old, but there is nobody in MMA with wrestling as good as his. He is obviously aware of this, as he is constantly taking exciting risks in the standup (flying knees, huge looping shots, etc).

The guy is fun to watch. He had a great fight the other night. Those elbows to the body were devastating. Cant wait to see more from him. Hopefully he can get some big name fights soon. He isnt getting any younger...

Ah well, could be worse.

Would've been more embarassing if he quit on the stool.

If he was 5 years younger he would have got the same type of hype like the other guys you mentioned

The nice thing about Romero is he always performs. You'll never see him go out there and shit the bed.

Ive been away from the forums and really any source of info on MMA. Id never heard of this guy until I saw him the other night. He is a monster.

It just upsets me we did not see a 28-29 year old Yoel Romero. His age will play a factor

This if he was only 10 years or even only 5 years younger he has so much potential but probably not enough time at this point to completely fullfil it

Lol at destroying Derek, he won the fight but did not beat the man down the whole fight..... destroying a fighter is when you win ever aspect of the fight not just pull out a TKO in the 3rd.

Back