Yoel Romero

Bigfoot Sylvia

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not heard much hype around this guy at all. Why do guys like Khabib, Barboza and McGregor get talked up as future champs despite the obvious holes in their games. This guy's an olympic silver medalist in freestyle wrestling, has sick KO power, all finishes by T/KO, only loss to Feijao at LHW. I'm happy to be proven wrong but as far as I can see his only weakness is his age.

After he destroys Brunson he deserves a better opponent (Brunson is a step down from Markes imo). He's title material if he stays injury free.

He's exciting no doubt. Loved it when he brutally ended Markes' boring ass. But he's pretty old so that doesn't make many people too excited.

It just upsets me we did not see a 28-29 year old Yoel Romero. His age will play a factor

agree. he is kinda old to start. thats probably the reason

It just upsets me we did not see a 28-29 year old Yoel Romero. His age will play a factor

Too right, would've been sweet if he'd taken up MMA younger. Still, I'm struggling to name a MW he wouldn't stand a good chance against. It's strange that this guy's stayed under a lot of fans' radars when he's clearly a threat to anyone at MW.

If he was 10-13 years younger dude would have a thread everyday especially after the flying knee and putting Markes to sleep.

Still 2 years younger than the guy who's the betting favourite to reclaim the middleweight title on Saturday.

He looks great, another Cuban olympian who's a force to be reckoned with. If he takes care of Brunson I'd like to see him take a step up in competition, maybe Bisping or someone with a name.

He's so old he'll get a walking stick when he gets cut not walking papers.

Last edited:
10-13? he would have being 5 years younger

I was watching the Jones/Guff and they had the little information head to head thing up so 20s were in my head at the time but I agree.

He looks great, another Cuban olympian who's a force to be reckoned with. If he takes care of Brunson I'd like to see him take a step up in competition, maybe Bisping or someone with a name.

That'd be an interesting fight. Actually one of the worst matchups at MW for Romero. Bisping's speed and cardio could prove too much but he can be caught.

I think Romero mauls Boetsch, Phillipou, Belcher, Carmont...

He's old that's why if he was 10 or even 5 years younger everyone would talk about him. But I hope he has still a few years left

he's old yet new to the game. problem is there's still no fights(i think) announced for him. dana should match him up with a top 15-20 for his next fight and bring him up fast.

EDIT: some guy said its brunson. a step down for sure.

he's old yet new to the game. problem is there's still no fights(i think) announced for him. dana should match him up with a top 15-20 for his next fight and bring him up fast.

EDIT: some guy said its brunson. a step down for sure.

Nah Brunson is decent but he is his best opponent to date

Back