Yoel Romero vs Robert Whittaker 2

It's possible, but if there's one thing we've learned throughout the years... you can never count Romero out.
True, I was telling myself last night "Yoel is gonna explode anytime now" *BOOM* Knocks him tf out.

will be hoping for a third round KO by romero

Robert_Whittaker_vs._Stephen_Thompson_1.gif
What is this supposed to prove, or say? Are you saying Yoel is as good a striker as Wonderboy? Do you not know how good Bobby Knuckles is now?

That's why Whittaker vs Romero 2 is the fight to make.
Both of these guys have seperated themselves from the pack at MW.

The fight is gonna look very different, you can't assume that they will both be applying the same tactics in the second fight. That would leave them both exposed.

Both will try new things, it will be a new fight, and maybe even a new champ. It's MMA, you can't say Romero has no chance against Whittaker. Romero can knock anyone out in the blink of an eye, dude is explosive as fuck.

maybe I'm remembering wrong, but Whittaker looked like the much faster of the 2 when they fought. That's why I give Romero little chance minus a lay n pray.

I find it interesting how Whitaker fans are acting like he didn't win the fight because Yoel slipped in Round 5 and Whitaker ended up on top. LOL

Whitaker won, but it was a super close fight, with the only difference being Whitaker ending up on top in the 5th round.

Beating somebody is what Yoel just did to Rockhold. There is winning the game and beating an opponent.

I will favor Robert against Yoel, but it will be close, unless Yoel magically falls off overnight, like Fedor.

I will give Whittaker all the praise and credit he deserves when he went up to middle weight i thought he was way to small but he has proven all doubters Bobby Knuckles you are the man

maybe I'm remembering wrong, but Whittaker looked like the much faster of the 2 when they fought. That's why I give Romero little chance minus a lay n pray.

Well, little chance is often enough in MMA.

I just don't think you can count anybody out when the clear #1 in the world faces the clear #2 in the world.
It's a great fight, just like the main-event yesterday.

Romero has beaten every top MW. Weidman, JAcare, Rockhold.

ROmero has arguably the best resume in the MW division besides WHitaker.

It's ROmero and Whitaker... then everyone else.

Romer vs WHitaker is a super fight.

True, I was telling myself last night "Yoel is gonna explode anytime now" *BOOM* Knocks him tf out.
Luke was such a shit match up for Yoel lol. Luke's idea to escape the Yoel flurries was to back straight up against the fence. How about angles, Luke? How about threatening with your world class grappling to keep Yoel unconformable, Luke?

It was pretty obvious after the 1st round that Luke's shit tier game plan was going to cost him the fight. Luke should have imitated Whittaker's movements against Romero better. Pretty pathetic that Whittaker was more active with grappling against Yoel than Luke was.

Luke was such a shit match up for Yoel lol. Luke's idea to escape the Yoel flurries was to back straight up against the fence. How about angles, Luke? How about threatening with your world class grappling to keep Yoel unconformable, Luke?

It was pretty obvious after the 1st round that Luke's shit tier game plan was going to cost him the fight. Luke should have imitated Whittaker's movements against Romero better. Pretty pathetic that Whittaker was more active with grappling against Yoel than Luke was.
I don't know why tf Outcold wasn't grappling either, that was really his best chance.

I don't know why tf Outcold wasn't grappling either, that was really his best chance.
He wanted to fight tall and keep Yoel on the outside in kicking range but once Yoel was really pressuring him Luke really needed to mix in some grappling with his striking. Because in a straight battle of hands Luke is not a good match up with anyone.. he simply doesn't have good boxing from the inside. I would blame his length and height but Jones is the GOAT at fighting in tight like that and he's even taller and lankier so idk why Luke struggles so much in tight. He just doesn't have great hands outside of, once again, fighting at distance with his jab. Even last night his jab was looking decent, especially when he double and even tripled it up, but he doesn't follow it up with anything even when it was creating openings for him. He needs to develop a left straight behind his solid jab.

Whittaker knows how to beat Romero. Survive the blitz and pressure the shit of him. Don't let his battery charge. He has the weapons and defense to implement this gameplan. I'm not sure any one else does.

It's not just hype when he's sending top 5 fighters out in body bags on a regular basis. Elite fights getting finished in devastating fashion. Just because he may never be champ doesn't mean he's just hype.

I think Romero should have to win another fight to get a shot at the title because he missed weight. I just don't think the UFC should take the chance on him screwing up a title fight 2 times in a row.

I find it interesting how Whitaker fans are acting like he didn't win the fight because Yoel slipped in Round 5 and Whitaker ended up on top. LOL

Whitaker won, but it was a super close fight, with the only difference being Whitaker ending up on top in the 5th round.

Beating somebody is what Yoel just did to Rockhold. There is winning the game and beating an opponent.

I will favor Robert against Yoel, but it will be close, unless Yoel magically falls off overnight, like Fedor.
You haven't heard? fedor didn't fall off, he's still as good as he was in 2003. the sport of MMA and the HW division just evolved past Fedor.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

(this is sarcasm if you guys need me to clear that up)

Back