Yoel Romero is actually a small frame guy but with lots of muscle packed on

Hmmm...I'd venture to say he has very well developed lats but his shoulders and traps probably mask them a bit since they're huge. Smaller frame, maybe, but his musculature is that of a larger guy.

Yeah compared to his other body parts his lats are very weak, you would also expect his back to be meatier he has a decent back but his traps, shoulders and chest overpower them big time, Yoel should have lats like these at least but he doesnt
zaYTFRc.png

Fun fact, Yoel actually cuts down weight to make MW.
in his 20s he was competing at the 85 kg(187.393) division as a wrestler.

Battletoads reference gets you a like.

Damn that speedbike level.

I've noticed this too. His structure really isnt that big. Dude is also 5'10 which isn't very tall for the division. Bobby Knuckles looked bigger than him at the weigh ins and he used to be at WW.

He is short for MW. He is a legit 5 feet 10, and the UFC lists him at 6 feet. Other than that- he is still a good sized MW.
Romero cuts height like most UFC fighters. Where you been, dawg?

<{vega}>

I remember as a youth meeting Brian Bosworth and shaking his hand shortly after he was drafted by the Seahawks. Heavily muscled but a small frame and shockingly small hands. Was not surprised mutherfuckers when it all came to light that he was roided up with wrecked shoulders.

yeah, he had small hands for his size the guy was huge looking and always had that reddish skin, he was roiding up in college just to get drafted, tons of muscle packed on a small bone structure, its why he couldn't cut it in the NFL he wasn't naturally explosive.

Look at how small his hands are compared to Barry Switzer, Bosworth had a small wrist and hands for a big guy, his wrists and hands are not TINY but for what his bodyweight was and muscles they were. He was 230 in his prime but looked like a 250 pound.
r960-2c522002c0625af1a0280f2b5c78c8b6.jpg

Doesn't really add anything to your argument to reference cartoon characters.
Lol. Romero is probably one of very few fighters who warrant a cartoon comparison.

I've noticed this too. His structure really isnt that big. Dude is also 5'10 which isn't very tall for the division. Bobby Knuckles looked bigger than him at the weigh ins and he used to be at WW.

He also only cuts 10 pounds basically just water, this guy is just a genetic freak, 40 years old but ripped to the bone with lean thick slabs of muscle on a narrow frame. If you look at him with clothes on, he looks so small compared to Masvidal.

his lats aren't small, he just isn't flaring them like the bodybuilder you posted

He doesn't look big with a t shirt/shirt on. I noticed this the other day. He is just crazy ripped and has a freaky shape to him, you are right he isn't a massive guy but he is very powerful obviously.

I kind of get some of what you are saying, but you have mentioned these fictional Battletoads so many times, that I and a lot of other people are confused of your "point." You keep describing the "Toads" like they are smth real, with a body type we can actually compare it to.lol As if they actually exist and have a body structure that we can relate it to???

How you get obsessed with BATTLETOADS of all things my man??? I mean, it was an OK game but C'mon Son...You're a Grown Ass Man!!!<puh-lease75>

I was wondering if he should train with an emphasis on cardio and if it means letting go of a little bit of muscle, then so be it. Maybe he would be better suited at 170 if he really is cutting only 10 lbs.

I don't get the conclusion of this thread.

He has a smaller frame than other MWs but has more muscles? Well, everybody can see that. If he had an "MW-typical" frame with this amount of muscle he would fight at LHW. Or if he would not have roided up, he could easily bang at WW.

He could probably make WW if he stops lifting weights all the time and goes on a diet for 6 months. His build worked perfectly for wrestling, not so much for 25 minute MMA-fights. On the other hand he's 40 and cutting weight does get harder as you age.

Where did the Ninja Turtle's shells go?

yeah, he had small hands for his size the guy was huge looking and always had that reddish skin, he was roiding up in college just to get drafted, tons of muscle packed on a small bone structure, its why he couldn't cut it in the NFL he wasn't naturally explosive.

Look at how small his hands are compared to Barry Switzer, Bosworth had a small wrist and hands for a big guy, his wrists and hands are not TINY but for what his bodyweight was and muscles they were. He was 230 in his prime but looked like a 250 pound.
r960-2c522002c0625af1a0280f2b5c78c8b6.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Back