Yoel Romero i think only need defend 2x and he is MW GOAT

Don't think so... But he would be near the top. Anderson is just on another level...

Merked?

lmao

He won a close 48-47 decision.

I'm sorry, but that fight wasn't close. Romero went into that fight cocky as hell thinking he was going to steamroll Whitaker and the Aussie executed his game plan perfectly. By the latter rounds Romero was gassed and useless. Just because it was a 48-47 decision doesn't mean it was close. It was unanimous. An incredibly impressive win for Whitaker. And I saw no arguments against the decision.

You might want to know... there's another thread running at the moment about "worst judge's decisions". I guess you'll want to raise this as one to consider? Although I don't think you'll get much support.

Don't think so... But he would be near the top. Anderson is just on another level...
I know this is wayyy hypothetical. But if Yoel pulled some Conor-Aldo level stuff in those next 3 fights could it do it for you?

I'm sorry, but that fight wasn't close. Romero went into that fight cocky as hell thinking he was going to steamroll Whitaker and the Aussie executed his game plan perfectly. By the latter rounds Romero was gassed and useless. Just because it was a 48-47 decision doesn't mean it was close. It was unanimous. An incredibly impressive win for Whitaker. And I saw no arguments against the decision.

You might want to know... there's another thread running at the moment about "worst judge's decisions". I guess you'll want to raise this as one to consider? Although I don't think you'll get much support.

Are you dim?

I never said the decision was wrong. I said it was a close fight.

Nobody got "merked"... whatever the fuck that even means to you nerds.

Are you dim?

I never said the decision was wrong. I said it was a close fight.

Nobody got "merked"... whatever the fuck that even means to you nerds.

Yeah ok fine, but the fact remains... it wasn't a close fight? Just because it was a decision win, does not mean it was close. In order to be considered a close fight there would have had to be at least one point where Romero looked likely to win. There was no such moment. As I said, by the latter stages Romero was a tired mess. If you don't consider that an impressive win on Whitaker's part I don't know what to say.

And I am not a computer nerd my son. Where I am from in London the word "merked" is a slang phrase, it means to get "done over", "ironed out", "pasted" or "slewed".

Back