Yoel Romero i think only need defend 2x and he is MW GOAT

Maybe like 6 defenses. Silva was a god in his reign.

That's your opinion. A shitty one but it's an opinion

Let's say Yoel finishes Robert
Then finishes Jacare as his first defense
Then finishes Kelvin, with Kelvin coming off a big win over somebody impressive

THEN with the division officially empty for him, he challenges Daniel Cormier and wins

Then I'll give him GOAT

Bobby Knuckles is the 185 king right now. Accept it.

Also Yoel lost 3 fights in his career.

Jacare
Kennedy
Cavalcante

Its the truth.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

And you know who ruined the meaning of GOAT “.

All these idiot McGregor fans

LOL kids like you(Conor haters) simply can NOT STOP YOURSELF from bringing up Conor in every thread.

"GOAT" was tossed around excessively years and years before Conor even came along, newguy

Anyways....theres a difference between most skilled/best fighter GOAT and proven legendary record/title run GOAT. Anderson would still have a more dominant run even though Yoel would smoke him head to head

If you're looking to make an argument for anyone other than Anderson as MW GOAT, your best bet is to bring up Anderson's failed drug tests. But suggesting that Yoel is anywhere close to Anderson in terms of accomplishments is embarrassingly asinine.

LOL kids like you(Conor haters) simply can NOT STOP YOURSELF from bringing up Conor in every thread.

"GOAT" was tossed around excessively years and years before Conor even came along, newguy

Anyways....theres a difference between most skilled/best fighter GOAT and proven legendary record/title run GOAT. Anderson would still have a more dominant run even though Yoel would smoke him head to head
And you’re obviously one of those McGregor fanboys who called him a “goat” when he barely made his ufc debut

And you’re obviously one of those McGregor fanboys who called him a “goat” when he barely made his ufc debut

yea, obviously. pretty good insult for a pre-teen

dont @Me, I wont read it

If you're looking to make an argument for anyone other than Anderson as MW GOAT, your best bet is to bring up Anderson's failed drug tests. But suggesting that Yoel is anywhere close to Anderson in terms of accomplishments is embarrassingly asinine.

You're correct only because there is no current MW who even comes close to touching not only Andy's record, but also the legend and aura he possessed during his reign.

So if you're going to make a case that a current MW is more deserving of the GOAT title than the MW King himself, you have no choice but to reference his drug failures. Because there is simply no other criteria in which he has been bested.

yea, obviously. pretty good insult for a pre-teen

dont @Me, I wont read it
I love how you assume I’m a newbie because my join date is recent, you’re probably those kind of kids that think a fighter with the most Twitter followers makes them better.

Nuff said kid.

nah, silva defended it over like 7 years lol. if he beats whittaker and defends he'll be #2 behind the spider

7 years against the joke that was that division then and exposed by more well rounded fighters

I do wonder if Wonderboy beat Whittaker because of difficulty making 170 or a suspect chin.
Dehydrating yourself is directly related to getting KTFO.

Less brain fluid surrounds your brain thus less protection from you brain smashing into your skull leading to a KO.

Last edited:
Big fan of Yoel but even if he wins and defends 2 times he is still behind Silva and Weidman who has 3 and won 2 times against Spider. But his resume is very impressive who knows what he could have done if he crossed over at 25.

I don`t think you can put him above Anderson but if he beats Whitaker in the rematch he has a solid case for number 2.

Silva's resume is lightyears ahead of Romero.

And I'm a huge Romero fan, but no way he comes close to Silva without 5+ title defenses.

If he beats whittaker by finish

he has

rockhold by brutal finish
whittaker by POSSIBLE finish
weidman by brutal finish
jacare (barely but still)
machida by brutal finish
tim kennedy brutal finish
dereck brunson brutal finish

it beat anderson. # title defenses not mean much when the opponents are shittier and like chris leben or leittes or maia.
[That Escalated Quickly]

no.

Romero has an impressive record, but putting together a lengthy run of title defenses is another matter. think of the additional pressure and attention that champs have to deal with...

I disagree but still Yoel has more then proved to be one of the greatest talents this division has seen

Terrible logic

You are actually considering a guy who is yet to win a title belt as GOAT of his division?

You're too in love with the muscles man. Put down that copy of Mens Health, put the lotion away and get real. Whittaker merkd that fool, he will do it again.

Also... it's cool how you recognize a brutal finish over Rockhold as a credible victory... yet probably if asked the same question in reference to Bisping you'd pass it off as a "fluke". And on top of that, Rockhold holds a KO win over Weidman. I'm never an MMA mathemetician, but your logic is messed up man seriously.

Not to mention that in Romero's only legit shot at some sort of title he blew his chances by missing weight and therefore was not eligible. Roid monkey if I've ever seen one. Just stop kidding yourself and follow the AJ path to LHW.

Merked?

lmao

He won a close 48-47 decision.

<{vega}>

Back