Yoel Romero Challenging Failed Drug Test

INoHespectChael

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
inb4 Romero is declared innocent and USADA issues a personal apology for his false positive test.
Middleweight contender Yoel Romero's drug-testing case remains in limbo.

Romero was flagged by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency for a potential violation of the UFC's anti-doping policy for an out-of-competition test. The news of the violation was made public about a month after Romero defeated Ronaldo Souza at UFC 194.

The 38-year old American Top Team fighter is still awaiting the results of his B-sample test, MMAFighting.com's Ariel Helwani reported on Wednesday's edition of UFC Tonight.

According to Romero's agent, Malki Kawa, the fighter disputes the results of the test, saying he passed all tests administered before the one which came up positive and all tests conducted since. They will file a formal appeal as soon as the B-sample returns from the lab.

A lot rides on the results of the B-sample and Romero's appeal. Romero's victory over Souza appeared to put him in position for the next shot at Luke Rockhold's UFC middleweight title. But with a two-year ban for first offenders under new performance-enhancing drug rules, a suspension would mean Romero would be 40 by the time he returned to competition.

So because he passed all the tests before, and all the tests after....

Does he know that's not how it works, you don't get points for passing that you can cash in when you pop.

He's 38 & looks like the fucking adonis. Was anybody really surprised?

BiJiUoUIIAAqiD9.jpg

It's all just a conspiracy against ATT surely.

Not really, I'd rather see Romero get a title shot over Weidman & Souza even if he's juicing, I just also like to tell the truth.
Was that your first experience with a joke? The big grin smiley face is normally a helpful clue.

Will test positive for stool of one kind or another.

Have there been enough fighters with `trouble` with certain substances at ATT that we can say that the whole gym is SAF, or is that still fighter bashing?

If Yoel's B sample is clear...I can just imagine how mad Sherdogs will be.

Say whatever you want about Yoel Romero, nobody ever showed the athleticism and massive traps like he has.....Thats pure genetics.

If you're not chiseled, you're fat and lazy. If you are, you're on roids.

Can't win with the MMA crowd.

The B sample should be back by now, I think they might have f*cked up.

I love the two year ban for first time offenders.

He's not waiting for anything. He knows what the results will be.

If Yoel's B sample is clear...I can just imagine how mad Sherdogs will be.

Say whatever you want about Yoel Romero, nobody ever showed the athleticism and massive traps like he has.....Thats pure genetics.
Just off the top of my head, Jon Jones and DC are equal if not better...

Back