Yoel possibly left high kick KOs Whittaker

L

Lissove

Yoel has underrated kicks, and left high kick against Whittaker's low stance(and head movement making him lean a lot to the sides) might pay off, especially when Whittaker probably didn't train and so won't expect for a left high kick since Yoel never landed them.

Now you think it sounds silly, that he never landed it but I say he has good kicks. Truth is he couldn't really land them against Weidman because of wrestling danger, and Weidman held his arms high, wasn't inclined to lean to sides. Jacare held his hands high too, but Yoel showed he can kick head level high in that fight. Jacare also didn't have tendency to lean to sides. Machida was on a back foot during whole fight, so hard to hit that left, but Yoel now really started to use kicks more here.

The key to beating Yoel is not getting KTFO in the third. That's the danger round.

Yoel is very hittable. but he's also very dynamic and unpredictable. which makes him dangerous. that being said, I doubt think that he has faced a boxer as good as Whittaker

also, Yoel's current resume is much more impressive than whittakers. I think Yoel takes this.

I think you're right in terms of Romero's intentions, but I can see Romero attempting such a kick (or power punch/flurry) various times throughout the first round, ultimately gassing at some point and Whittaker taking him to striking school and handing him a first class diploma. Maybe that's just me?

Backfists BTFO out of Yokel Romeo.

giphy.gif

I think you're right in terms of Romero's intentions, but I can see Romero attempting such a kick (or power punch/flurry) various times throughout the first round, ultimately gassing, and Whittaker taking him to striking school and handing him a first class diploma. Maybe that's just me?

Idk Romero usually does really well in the third.

Going to be another easy 3rd round ko for romero. Romero just way more powerful than whittaker.

Right before that, the lights in the arena will go off and a loud gong is heard
the lights turn back on and Yoel is behind Whittaker
tumblr_nlc9q4p4Ob1sszpveo1_400.gif

Whittaker turns around confused and eats a left high kick KO from Yoel
the ref counts to 3, Yoel wins the title. See Bisping at Mania, boiii

Last edited:
It'll be over after 3. ;)

Haha appreciate your preidiciton my friend. But let me hit you with some cold truth... Whittaker has more of a chance than you think.

Yes Romero is powerful and dangerous... BUT, Whittaker has fought these types of fighters before and come out the better man. Jacare... Brunson... Uriah Hall... Brad Tavares... Who out of these fighters would you not call 'powerful and dangerous??'

Whittaker will not be phased!

I admit, I don't think he's ever fought someone quite of the athletic calibre of Romero, but I think he is a resourceful, tough, intelligent fighter and he will find a way to win. I may not be with the majority in my predicition, but I'm willing to stand by it until 8th July and face the outcome then. I genuinely think he has the tools and mindset to outwork Romero and come away with an upset win.

i think Whittaker probably has a higher chance of finishing the fight in the 1st then Romero does. i'm not saying he can't, i'm just saying Whittaker starts really fast.

I think you're right in terms of Romero's intentions, but I can see Romero attempting such a kick (or power punch/flurry) various times throughout the first round, ultimately gassing at some point and Whittaker taking him to striking school and handing him a first class diploma. Maybe that's just me?

What's with the undying myth that yoel has shit cardio. He paces himself, yes, but he's a third round finishing machine.

Last edited:
Haha appreciate your preidiciton my friend. But let me hit you with some cold truth... Whittaker has more of a chance than you think.

Yes Romero is powerful and dangerous... BUT, Whittaker has fought these types of fighters before and come out the better man. Jacare... Brunson... Uriah Hall... Brad Tavares... Who out of these fighters would you not call 'powerful and dangerous??'

I admit, I don't think he's ever fought someone quite of the athletic calibre of Romero, but I think he is a resourceful, tough, intelligent fighter and he will find a way to win. I may not be with the majority in my predicition, but I'm willing to stand by it until 8th July and face the outcome then. I genuinely think he has the tools and mindset to outwork Romero and come away with an upset win.
Yoel is better striker than all those. Whittaker might have gotten away with his low hands and big opening strikes when closing the distance against them, but I don't see he gets away with a quick striker like Yoel.

Brad Tavares. He's not exactly a KO machine. I think that Whittaker handles Romero fine, though.

What's with the undying myth that yoel has shit cardio. He places himself, yes, but he's a third round finishing machine.

Not saying he has shit cardio... just know his style and seen him gas slightly when he doesn't get the early finish. Just think Whittaker has the skill to avoid an early storm and take a heavily built Romero into deep water.

Yoel is better striker than all those. Whittaker might have gotten away with his low hands and big opening strikes when closing the distance against them, but I don't see he gets away with a quick striker like Yoel.

I don't necessarily agree that Yoel is a better striker than the opponents I mentioned. He has greater power and athleticism for sure, but I think Whittaker has superior technique (just my observations).

Brad Tavares. He's not exactly a KO machine. I think that Whittaker handles Romero fine, though.

No maybe not KO machine but still decent striker and worthy gatekeeper who actually went the distance vs Romero, yet was KOd by Whittaker in the 1st round. Don't get me wrong I'm no MMA mathemetician, as I know that doesn't work, but still worth mentioning in the context of this debate I think?

Back