Yodsaenklai announced his retirement

• Thread starter Deleted member 363827
  • Start date
i already said this in the china thread but chinese aren't having this...they want buakaw + yod or buakaw vs sittichai or petro(lol sure him with mma gloves).....maybe a rematch with khayal...but forget 1M...
500k to kem? LOL

i already said this in the china thread but chinese aren't having this...they want buakaw + yod or buakaw vs sittichai or petro(lol sure him with mma gloves).....maybe a rematch with khayal...but forget 1M...
500k to kem? LOL
What's the deal? Winner gets $1M?

What's the deal? Winner gets $1M?

9 mins 1 round,you win only if you ko your opponent otherwise if it was buakaw and yod they'd split with buakaw getting more of course....but kem??nobody will give him that kind of money.

at this point they should do Buakaw-Khayal 2,it would call more attention for the heavies having buakaw to avenge his "bloody loss"

at this point they should do Buakaw-Khayal 2,it would call more attention for the heavies having buakaw to avenge his "bloody loss"

i tot agree so khayal can also avange his kunlun robbery..btw he will prob take yod's place in the tournament

i tot agree so khayal can also avange his kunlun robbery..btw he will prob take yod's place in the tournament
yeah and this is a shame

i was much more hyped for Superbon-Sitthichai-Yod facing each other in the finals,much more than see a 35yo buakaw

yeah and this is a shame

i was much more hyped for Superbon-Sitthichai-Yod facing each other in the finals,much more than see a 35yo buakaw

i wanted to see yod with bon more than anything but yod vs buakaw was a symbolic event so to speak...like cult fight you know should have happened 10 years before, but it's ok just because...

yod exits before fighting sittichai and retires before fighting bon because he knew that the injury was too bad and he risked too much.he's not buakaw...doing easier fights won't work for him,as buakaw himself i'm pretty sure got worse problems than yod.

i wanted to see yod with bon more than anything but yod vs buakaw was a symbolic event so to speak...like cult fight you know should have happened 10 years before, but it's ok just because...

yod exits before fighting sittichai and retires before fighting bon because he knew that the injury was too bad and he risked too much.he's not buakaw...doing easier fights won't work for him,as buakaw himself i'm pretty sure got worse problems than yod.

What problem has Yod got?

He had an injury but that's not what this is about. Yod has beaten kem so yod will announce retirement, buakaw will beat kem (he will) and then yod will announce that hes coming out of retirement and will fight buakaw. Buakaw beating kem first will help the yod fight sell more.

there was a minor problem in his knee..i need to look at the medical records again...i think i have them still.
maybe the problem was also the surgery not being very effective like they hoped.

anyway..

Last edited:
You can recover from MCL injuries, but Yod is getting older and has nothing to prove.

Dude needs to get on the peptides and or HGH fast and his injuries will be nothing but a memory

You can recover from MCL injuries, but Yod is getting older and has nothing to prove.

You're definitely right that you can recover from such injuries. We just have to look at the knee injuries GSP had and he still made a come back at the highest level of MMA in his thirties.

It's a lot about willpower as it's not an easy road recovering from such injury and fighting again at the highest level.

Yod isn't that old though, 31 might be old for stadium Muay Thai but it's not really that old that he needs to consider retiring. I mean you have guys like Buakaw and Saenchai who are 35+ and still fighting regularly.

Yod probably doesn't think it's worth the hassle, especially considering he could easily make quite enough money from opening a gym or coaching for instance.

i think he felt the pressure a lot,kunlun really made a big deal about "the return of the king",this tournament was all about him def bon,this was his medical report from 2015,maybe in the meanwhile he had other complications who knows...

i think he felt the pressure a lot,kunlun really made a big deal about "the return of the king",this tournament was all about him def bon,this was his medical report from 2015,maybe in the meanwhile he had other complications who knows...
So you're say Yodsanklai is faking his retirement just to get out of a fight with Superbon just like that fucktard I forget who it was said he faked his knee injury to get out of fighting Sittichai?

So you're say Yodsanklai is faking his retirement just to get out of a fight with Superbon just like that fucktard I forget who it was said he faked his knee injury to get out of fighting Sittichai?
Or like that guy i forget who it was who was saying Yodsanklai is in his prime :p

I don't know much of the politics that might be going on so i might be wrong but i don't think he is faking anything. Being a southpaw with knee problems myself i have suspected he had knee problems long before 2015, based on certain movements that he did sometimes. I just hope he can stay healthy and hopefully make a good career as a trainer or maybe even open his own gym if he wants to and is capable of it.

no.

I made the venture to visit Fairtex last month, because word was he may be retiring. In hindsight, I am grateful I took the chance to visit the gym and Yod. He was still great on the pads, but like he said inside he is probably hurting silently. He was in great shape, but injuries such as his can be career ending even if your in shape. It is time.

He has his sons and family to look forward to. After more than a decade with Fairtex, he deserves his time away to enjoy life. I am glad I had the opportunity to train with and meet such a living legend. One of the most humble and nice fighters ever. Leaving on top is the way to go. I hope he opens a gym soon!

is it me or fairtex has been kinda cold with him? I thought they'd celebrate his retirement and post something appropriate but i saw nothing like this....strange tbh,considering his long time trainer left days before him the gym.

is it me or fairtex has been kinda cold with him? I thought they'd celebrate his retirement and post something appropriate but i saw nothing like this....strange tbh,considering his long time trainer left days before him the gym.
Fairtex did not do much for Kaew either when he left and Kaew was there longer then Yod. Yak was Yod's main trainer for years when Yod was in prime time and then left several years ago. Yak didn't get much a going away party either for a long time trainer. But remember in Thailand's fighter's get very little for good byes or gratitude over the years; thai culture. Hint Hint Buakaw+Por Pramuk~!

Back