Yo Stipe is a Red Headed Step Child

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I might have had a few drinks when I watched Cormier vs Stipe and I fed into Cormier being the GOAT after watching highlights to refresh my memory.

After watching it sober, Stipe was dominating, with Cormier having minor exchange wins. Even in the clinch, where Stipe was accused of making his biggest mistake, he was overpowering Cormier then disengaging and landing good shots. Then after a round of Stipe was winning, he gets eye poked pretty bad then takes a short break, gets into the clinch, and gets KOd shorty after.

The fact that Stipe is dismissed as one of the best HW's and DC becomes the GOAT to pick and choose where he goes from here is very insulting. Stipe has a good chance of winning a rematch but DC is going to likely face Shogun if he wins then destroy Brock after and retire, leaving Stipe to possibly dominate when he's gone, with some people saying "well he's only champ because DC retired." is sad.

Poor Stipe. Get's penalized for being a stand up honorable man who doesn't give into the machine. I guess this is what the UFC/MMA is now.

I just pray in the future MMA can be at the point where they are considered equal in the sports realm and the best fight the best and there is a clear path to getting the belt.

Stipe's defenses are over the weakest HW division in a long time. And he has quickly backtracked on his "I don't choose who I fight" and is saying he only wants a rematch. He is hilariously overrated by those who only know modern UFC. DC is more honorable than him.

I might have had a few drinks when I watched Cormier vs Stipe and I fed into Cormier being the GOAT after watching highlights to refresh my memory.

After watching it sober, Stipe was dominating, with Cormier having minor exchange wins. Even in the clinch, where Stipe was accused of making his biggest mistake, he was overpowering Cormier then disengaging and landing good shots. Then after a round of Stipe was winning, he gets eye poked pretty bad then takes a short break, gets into the clinch, and gets KOd shorty after.

The fact that Stipe is dismissed as one of the best HW's and DC becomes the GOAT to pick and choose where he goes from here is very insulting. Stipe has a good chance of winning a rematch but DC is going to likely face Shogun if he wins then destroy Brock after and retire, leaving Stipe to possibly dominate when he's gone, with some people saying "well he's only champ because DC retired." is sad.

Poor Stipe. Get's penalized for being a stand up honorable man who doesn't give into the machine. I guess this is what the UFC/MMA is now.

I just pray in the future MMA can be at the point where they are considered equal in the sports realm and the best fight the best and there is a clear path to getting the belt.
WrB6fly.gif

ZyTyEbk.gif

The UFC is an entertainment based company, Stipe had a helluva championship run, but as a champion he was always low key and very humble and didn’t really speak out to build his brand, the core mma fans appreciate him but he didn’t go out of his way to market himself or position himself for the UFC to market him.

We are in an era where it is all about entertainment, humble champions don’t necessarily create the buzz that the UFC wants to build around, as great of a champion as Stipe was he won’t be getting an instant rematch.

For the UFC Brock vs DC sells so much more, Stipe is in a rough spot.

No wonder you're a black belt because you post worthless gifs instead of using your brain

It’s not that deep my man, LB is a quality poster, very creative with his content and is a light hearted style poster for the heavies.

9/10 Stipe beats DC and becomes greatest HW...

This is life TS put that under HOW LIFE SHOULD BE under "one should lose their virginity by 30" and
"Girls should like gamers" or "gaming should give you big muscles like football players"

Life is unfair TS

lols at dominating. he was throwing more but not landing. dc got his eye in then ktfo stipe.

Well we know Dana doesn't like him much. :eek:

DC too strong, too fast, too skilled and too much cardio

Stipe eye poked first

glass jaw

doesnt use range well, wont win

That nite DC won... Stipe even said so.

B ut in rematch 10/10 Stipe Wins, too bad DC picking CM Punk the Heavyweight version instead of real competition.

Stipe's defenses are over the weakest HW division in a long time. And he has quickly backtracked on his "I don't choose who I fight" and is saying he only wants a rematch. He is hilariously overrated by those who only know modern UFC. DC is more honorable than him.

He STILL isn't choosing the "who" per se. But he will try to get a "what." Just like when he screamed at Dana for a title shot. He doesn't want Cormier because he's Cormier; he wants the chance to reclaim his belt, one that he defended consecutively a record number of times. It's a subtle distinction, and may seem to you like a specious one, but it's logical.

Now if you want a backtrack, how about DC saying he wouldn't fight at heavyweight again and then maybe a week later signing up to face Stipe?

lmao he absolutely was not dominating, jesus christ this site.

DC was ducking under like 80 % of the punches stipe threw and it was back and forth til the KO.

stipe also eyepoked DC, DC knocked stipe the fuck out because he's a goddamn beast get over it.

Back