Yeti Rage

Yeah, but my townhouse as an unfinished basement. So unless I just drop it from the top (which would get me redlighted in a meet, so I never do) I am cool.

I need to get back to Lynne's gym if I want to bench and squat big again though. I am just procrastinating.

Awesome log man. It gives me ideas of what I need to do. I am basically at the same level in most lifts as you so gives me a different perspective. Well except my ::cough:: squat ::::cough::: I thought I was the only person to think of anything over 3 reps as endurance/GPP work before reading your log....lol

Cant imagine what you went through with your dad. I lost my grandpa when I was around 6-7 due to lung cancer also. He was a big burly man. Probably over 250 which for my family is pretty huge. Then I saw him couple months prior to his death ....skeleton thin probably less than half of what he weighed...It was a crazy eye opener. I get sick physiologically when I even think about cigs. Reason I never smoked. Still cant forget how my grandpa couldnt eat or breath normally yet still be reaching for a cig. 2-3 packs a day would do that to a person. Cant blame him tho, back in the ww2 cigs were like meal replacement...

Just out of curiosity you said you double loop bands for bench? So if the band is rated like 25lb....what do you get out of it when you double loop it? closer to 50? I tried my minis last time for bench and doubled them.....I struggled to get 2 reps with 225 and 2 minis (rated at 25lb)doubled and the badns when I normally bench around 405 max.

Wish I had a powerlifting gym somewhere close to where I live.

Yeah, you can double the tension on the bands.

I usually use either doubled mini's, or double choked averages. I think anything beyond that level of band tension is useless for a raw lifter.

Choking increases the tension, but not as much as doubling them obviously.

I used to hold my dads cigarettes for him once he got too weak to do it himself. Even that hasn't scared me off them yet. I promised him I'd quit, and I wll, but my life is a fucking wreck right now and it's one of the few little things that sometimes makes me feel sort of happy.

I can totally understand. I can also relate as I deal with a bad anxiety/depression on daily basis. I am also going through a lot of shit in my life now but I still dont allow myself to use booze/drugs as a way to deal with it. All you're really doing is digging yourself a deeper hole. 2-3 pack cig habit+1/8 oz weed that you smoke that's a one way path to lung cancer. You're young but you have poor genetics that already predispose you to lung cancer plus your lifestyle is compounding those risk even more.

My uncle who is a heavy smoker himself used to the very thing for my grandpa. He used to light up a cig, take a couple of puffs then let my grandpa smoke it as he held it as my grandpa was dying of cancer....cig addiction is very strong. 2-3 pack habit is going to be extremely hard to kick. Definitely doable but very difficult(my other grandpa kicked his 2-3 pack habit cold turkey and never looked back..)

Time to get your shit together dude.

I'll try the bands once looped....dont know how to manage the length so that they stretchs to an appropriate length to provide needed resistance. I think I will use couple heavy DBs along the sides of where I will lower the bar. Hopefully this will be the year I hit 455.

Back