Yes theres been a lot of these threads but who is the GOAT ;)

200.gif
Insecure Conor fan posting old tired gif every time someone talks about Aldo? Wow, that´s new.

GOAT = Conor.

Only UFC double champ ever, part of the officially #1 and #2 ranked fight in the UFC (Nate 1 & 2), almost beat the GOAT boxer, Mayweather, after only a couple of months of training, and last but not least is the only man ever to impregnate Dee Devlin.

That greatest fight ranking was total bullshit, probably huge money fights but nowhere near all time greats.

Also came nowhere close to beating Mayweather, but the Dee Devlin stat I could understand.

When exactly did Anderson, Jones, or DJ do that ? Jones, and Anderson didn’t do it. Clean or otherwise.

Fedor is a bit of a different case.

The fact is. GSP is the only guy on your list that held two different UFC belts. And he has also never popped.

There’s not even room for debate here. Because Jones, and Anderson aren’t even eligible.

The answer is GSP.

Do agree in some way, everyone does just write of GSP because some people didn't like his fight style. Just wish he stepped up and beat Anderson then no one could say he isn't the GOAT

giphy.gif

I like to consider the pillars of MMA the GOATS for unique reasons and eras. From them I have my own choice as a standout. Fedor, GSP, MM and Aldo are there for me but include others for more than streaks and titles. Sakuraba is someone I won't exclude, the GOAT of fighting spirit and purity of martial arts. There can never be one GOAT.

On a list of GOAT's, I think 2 guys are being overlooked. Wanderlei Silva was the most feared fighter in the world from 1999 until 2005. Even when he lost it was to guys much bigger than him. Wandy has fought at 185 lbs, yet he fought 265 lb+ Mark Hunt and the most feared HW striker of his time Mirko Cro cop. Then we have Randy Couture, another guy who fought much bigger guys often, yet still was a title holder in LHW and HW. First guy to ever do it, and won HW crown when he was over 40 years old! Not saying either one is THE BEST, but they should be in the conversation.

Jones
Mighty Mouse
Anderson
GSP
Fedor

If we were going by career accomplishments or long term greatness then i'd go with GSP as number 1.

But i view this list as who was the most talented / dangerous fighter at their peak. Taking all fighters at their peak and ordering them from there.

Last edited:
Fedor for the last time. A guy who lost to Hendricks and Serra in his prime doesn't cut it.

Jones and Anderson tested positive for steroids, so they are disqualified from GOAT talks. If we're going by accomplishments and resume, it's GSP.

Fedor for the last time. A guy who lost to Hendricks and Serra in his prime doesn't cut it.

Except he didn't lose to Hendricks and he avenged his loss against Serra. Try again.

Imo the list for the top 5 of all time are:

Jones,
Fedor,
GSP,
Anderson,
MM.

People always underestimate MM but they forget he has the most consecutive title defenses. He is right for the weight class as he is a small guy and if he steps up to Bantamweight and beats TJ imo he's the GOAT.

Then Anderson, yes he has been caught for using Roids twice but you still can't get the skill he posses from roids, i grew up watching him fighting and was such an inspiration to me and made me fall in love with the sport. Yes you could argue he ducked the real GOAT but he is still considered one of the greats if not the GOAT.

GSP yes people say he is just a 50-45 champ but he cleared the Welterweight division without being popped for any drug use throughout his MMA career. And even used an amazing skill set that even now he could clear the WW division. Again you could say he ducked Anderson but he did move up to Middleweight last year and we all saw how that planned out. So again could consider him to be the GOAT

Fedor, the best Heavyweight of all time and again is discussed as the GOAT. Not much to say about Fedor 10 year unbeaten record, should've been a middleweight but instead of cutting weight and fighting people same height as him. He fought much bigger and much more roided opposition and he cleared out the division with pretty much ease.

Jones, imo is the GOAT. Yes he has been popped but anyone put infront of him and he would finish them, youngest ever UFC champ at 22. If he never popped would deffo have the most title defenses in the UFC. His skill set that he has is just unreal and no matter what has happened to him he has always prevailed and came back stronger. Jones GOAT, but what are your opinions?

giphy.gif

I can't give it to Jon Jones, he's the most consistent eyepoker in the game, consistently pokes people multiple times during most of his biggest fights.. Also no surprise he's been busted for PEDS twice judging by his eyepoke game.

For me GOAT is either someone like GSP, Anderson, Fedor in his prime days.. If Jones could replicate his same record with zero to little eyepokes, I would throw him in as GOAT too, but if he didn't need the pokes, why do them?

Last edited:
the next generation will always be better than the previous in an undeveloped sport like MMA. goat discussions are pointless. who is the best so far? MM or Khabib.

the next generation will always be better than the previous in an undeveloped sport like MMA. goat discussions are pointless. who is the best so far? MM or Khabib.

Yes but the future is in the future i am on about now who is the GOAT of the past and current fighters

Jones and Anderson tested positive for steroids, so they are disqualified from GOAT talks. If we're going by accomplishments and resume, it's GSP.

Except he didn't lose to Hendricks and he avenged his loss against Serra. Try again.
Not buying it after he took so much damage and got tooled on the feet. Let's not bring up the near ten year period not being able to finish a fight, relying exclusively on boring lay n pray. None of these are GOAT like qualities.

Not buying it after he took so much damage and got tooled on the feet. Let's not bring up the near ten year period not being able to finish a fight, relying exclusively on boring lay n pray. None of these are GOAT like qualities.

Put Cruz and take out MM and there is my top 5

Conor is
Next Gen GOAT is Conor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back