Yes It Hurts Fight Gear Shorts Review *pics*

Adino

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I think we all know that there are new MMA clothing companies that are sprouting up faster than we can keep up with all the names of each one. Most offer nothing more than surf gear without much MMA design and sell them for SPRAWL and Tapout prices. I had not heard of Yes It Hurts before Sherdog but will say they are not one of those companies. They are a growing company that puts MMA design into their produces and helps support the sport by sponsoring up and coming fighters. So there is a little on the company so you know who is making these shorts.

There are not a lot of surprises here with the YIH short, but some cool design ideas. First off is sizing, which is a little on the big side but still pretty darn close. There is no elastic so they are not as forgiving as a short with them but if you order close to your size or if you are in-between sizes then order down. If you

YIHShorts3.jpg

YIHShorts4.jpg

YIHShorts5.jpg

OMG that name is really whack! The shorts look solid though :D

Crap name. Shorts look good but kind of generic at this point given most companies designs.

I guess the design is basic and popular enough for countless companies to rehash.

Nice review and pics. The shorts look good for the price, too bad about the name though...

nice review again adino.. yea the name sucks and the shorts look like a sprawl v-flex ripoff without the elastic waistband.. but they look alright.. 10 bucks cheaper than the sprawls..

amphibious said:
Did you cut the tag off or did it come like that?

It came like that, the VT shorts I was wearing under them might have rubbed it pretty hard when I was working my guard.

Is it me?But it kindna look like the SSF shorts,except the SSF shorts has elastic in it if l am not wrong.Nice shorts tho,maybe l should go get one.

They also look like Truth's and so many other smaller companies shorts.

From the web site:
"Yes It Hurts is a lifestyle for those who want
to live and get the most out of life. Almost
anything worth doing involves some kind of
pain. From accepting a challenge to training
and preparing for the competition. As you
begin down your path you know the pain is
coming and yet you still continue. Why?
Because you know the results are worth the
"Hurt". Yes It Hurts is your way of saying,
"continue on, the results are worth it."

Fozzy said:
yeah the name blows.

~Foz
Understatement,

The name is continuing the negative stereotype that our sport carries. I don't understand why MMA companies feel the need to sound tough.

Name sucks..shorts look like they have been stolen from Sprawl/no-gi etc.

Same old..same old

WhyMeNow said:
From the web site:
"Yes It Hurts is a lifestyle for those who want
to live and get the most out of life. Almost
anything worth doing involves some kind of
pain. From accepting a challenge to training
and preparing for the competition. As you
begin down your path you know the pain is
coming and yet you still continue. Why?
Because you know the results are worth the
"Hurt". Yes It Hurts is your way of saying,
"continue on, the results are worth it."
Foz... didn't you ban the new accounts that were associated with this company?

um... I think you've got another one...

yeah they tried to pull a stint and I stopped them in their tracks. I havent checked the IP against the banned accounts, but until they break any rules it's no problem.

~FOz

Back