Yemen-50,000 children dead in 2017 as a result of Saudi blockade

Did you blame Obama for unemployment and foreclosures during the Great Recession?
Do you give Trump credit for unemployment now? For the Stock Market?

You think Trump has the power to do something about a civil war?
He can't take the weapons back that Obama sold to KSA.
He can't put the genie back in the bottle on this one.
If you want to be critical of Trump be critical of him for something he's directly involved in.
Never mind. I think my points have gone waaayyy over your head :rolleyes:

Any leader of the US who deals with KSA needs to answer for his/her hypocrisy. The UN should answer for their electing KSA to head the Human Rights Council and being elected to the Woman's Rights Council. Lots of hypocrisy re: KSA. TONS. Its a moot point and a derail to inject that point into a conversation about the conflict and human rights catastrophe in Yemen, a conflict that predates Trumps candidacy and any of his retarded tweets.
Its not a moot point to point out Trump's hypocrisy here, its one of the more disappointing aspects of his presidency.
The sale proposal is initiated by the Office of the POTUS. You can lump Obama and Clinton together if you like, but you can't pretend Obama wasn't directly involved with the sale.
Sure but that's because there's only so much the POTUS can do to shift FP. Him appointing Clinton was the concession to the established FP direction while he attempted to tweak it away from it with stuff like the Iran deal. But nonetheless he couldn't completely break with the Saudis and had to appoint a sympathetic SoS.

Its not a moot point to point out Trump's hypocrisy here, its one of the more disappointing aspects of his presidency.

Sure but that's because there's only so much the POTUS can do to shift FP. Him appointing Clinton was the concession to the established FP direction while he attempted to tweak it away from it with stuff like the Iran deal. But nonetheless he couldn't completely break with the Saudis and had to appoint a sympathetic SoS.

So if there is only so much a POTUS can do to shift FP then how are Trump's tweets not a moot point with regards to a conflict that predates his candidacy?
We're going to have to disagree that Obama was at the mercy of Hillary Clinton w/ regards to the Saudi Arms deal. And not just because the bulk of Obama's deal was actually negotiated by Bob Gates, the Sec. of Defense, in 2012. https://www.brookings.edu/blog/mark...llion-arms-deal-to-saudi-arabia-is-fake-news/

So if there is only so much a POTUS can do to shift FP then how are Trump's tweets not a moot point with regards to a conflict that predates his candidacy?
We're going to have to disagree that Obama was at the mercy of Hillary Clinton w/ regards to the Saudi Arms deal. And not just because the bulk of Obama's deal was actually negotiated by Bob Gates, the Sec. of Defense, in 2012. https://www.brookings.edu/blog/mark...llion-arms-deal-to-saudi-arabia-is-fake-news/
Bob Gates is another one of the old school Cold Warriors like Clinton.

Agreed. But Obama wasn't asleep at the wheel like W.
I didn't say he was, I said he disagreed with the standard foreign policy hawks like Gates and Clinton advance while also having to concede to them on it because of its prevalence in Washington.

I didn't say he was, I said he disagreed with the standard foreign policy hawks like Gates and Clinton advance while also having to concede to them on it because of its prevalence in Washington.
Under Section 3, of the AECA, the U.S. may sell defense articles and services to foreign countries and international organizations when the President formally finds that to do so will strengthen the security of the U.S. and promote world peace.
http://www.dsca.mil/programs/foreign-military-sales-fms

Don't give me that, answer the question.

The point I'm leading to is that its not accurate to equate Obama and the likes of Clinton and Gates when it comes to issues like the Saudis.

Don't give me that, answer the question.

The point I'm leading to is that its not accurate to equate Obama and the likes of Clinton and Gates when it comes to issues like the Saudis.
I will grant you that Obama isn't in the same category of neocon that Gates and Clinton are.
I'm not going to split hairs about who is responsible for decisions that come out of the Oval Office. Obama sold those weapons. He was the POTUS.
He makes that decision, not the SoS or the SoD or anybody else.

The Saudi's are learning all the tricks from the U.S. economic blockade strategy against Cuba, but it seems far more effective in Yemen. Any ideas why?

Then it would be on replay throughout Western media and it would generate this response from the public:

More like-

u6koi.jpg

There'd be a UN resolution, everything would be in place for a righteous intervention.

Back