Yemen-50,000 children dead in 2017 as a result of Saudi blockade

Trump is in office not Obama or Clinton. Trump talked a lot of tought talk so he needs to eat crow. If Trump is serious about the Saudis he sure is doing a great job of showing it.

Riiight. I guess trump should get all the credit for the stock market and low unemployment, too?

what does trump have to do with the situation in Yemen besides some tweets he made about Saudi Arabia? What has trump done that Obama didn't do, or what Clinton would have done?

The answer is nothing.

Not only that, but but Obama is complicit in the atrocities taking place.

So I'm compelled to correct the direction of the thread because it's misleading and hypocritical.
I don't think its accurate to pretend there's no difference between the three. Clinton was far more of the standard bipartisan line which stood for support of the Saudis while Obama attempted to move us away from that as evidenced by the Iran deal. Those weapons sales you mentioned earlier? Who approves those? The Secretary of State and while Clinton was SoS she approved unusually large arm sales not just to the Saudis but to other authoritarian regimes in the region as well.

Interesting that these things never make it into facebook fads. Like people's profiles overlayed with the colors of the Yemeni flag.

I don't think its accurate to pretend there's no difference between the three. Clinton was far more of the standard bipartisan line which stood for support of the Saudis while Obama attempted to move us away from that as evidenced by the Iran deal. Those weapons sales you mentioned earlier? Who approves those? The Secretary of State and while Clinton was SoS she approved unusually large arm sales not just to the Saudis but to other authoritarian regimes in the region as well.
Its 100% accurate that Obama expanded the War on Terror into Yemen.
Its 100% accurate that the Houthi vs. KSA conflict began before Trump even announced his candidacy.
The $150B was to Saudi Arabia.

edit: it was $115B
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...to-saudi-top-115-billion-report-idUSKCN11D2JQ

If by support Yemen you mean we should try to prevent a humanitarian catastrophe then yes, we should support Yemen if only by putting as much diplomatic pressure on the Saudis as possible. That doesn't mean taking sides(we're basically on the Saudi side already though).
well saudi arabia is in the process of making changes internally. could wait to see how that one goes. i'm on the iran iraq war side. let them bang bro

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-save-the-children-yemen-20171116-story.html

Not that you needed more reasons to know Saudi Arabia is vile.

The Saudi+Emirati blockade of Yemen has resulted in 50,000 child deaths just in 2017. Saudi is leading the war against the Houthis assited by the Emiratis and local allies. Foreign mercenaries are also being used by the Saudis and Emiratis

From Save the Chidren
"An international aid group says an estimated 130 children or more die every day in war-torn Yemen from extreme hunger and disease.

Save the Children said late Wednesday that a continuing blockade by the Saudi-led coalition fighting Yemen's Shiite rebels is likely to further increase the death rate. It says over 50,000 children are believed to have died in 2017."

The Saudi coalition has partially lifted the blockade after international condemnation, but "closure of much of the country's air, sea and land ports is making an already catastrophic situation far worse,"

-

“It will not be like the famine that we saw in South Sudan earlier in the year where tens of thousands of people were affected. It will not be like the famine which cost 250,000 people their lives in Somalia in 2011,” said Mark Lowcock the U.N. under-secretary general for humanitarian affairs, in a briefing at the U.N. Security Council last week.

"It will be the largest famine the world has seen for many decades with millions of victims."

-

And just recently the Saudi defacto leader Muhammed Bin Salman, called the leader of Iran the 'Hitler of the MiddleEast.'
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-42117134

One thing I noticed with MidEasterners, is the blatant hypocrisy and total refusal to consider how hypocritical they are.
Muslims only care about the deaths of innocent Muslims when America does the killing.

Interesting that these things never make it into facebook fads. Like people's profiles overlayed with the colors of the Yemeni flag.

FB profiles usually only acknowledge tragedies where the culprit has little or no major supporters.

Riiight. I guess trump should get all the credit for the stock market and low unemployment, too?
For a non Trump supporter you do seem to defend him a lot. Trump was very vocal about the Saudis and he has done shit about them. Try again.

Its 100% accurate that Obama expanded the War on Terror into Yemen.
True but not necessarily in the way the Saudis wanted. The Saudis are targeting the Houthis while the US under Obama went after AQAP. AQAP is a counterweight to the Houthis, something the Saudis welcome to an extent.
Its 100% accurate that the Houthi vs. KSA conflict began before Trump even announced his candidacy.
Okay, so?
The $150B was to Saudi Arabia.
I didn't say otherwise, just that the decision to approve those sales was under Clinton's jurisdiction and that it wasn't only to the Saudis.

well saudi arabia is in the process of making changes internally. could wait to see how that one goes. i'm on the iran iraq war side. let them bang bro
Saudi is all talk; it's just PR. They will never meaningfully tackle Jihadism, because it has been a central tenet of their foreign policy for decades and the ideology is intrinsic to the Saudi psyche. To sincerely confront Jihadism, they have to admit and move against the Wahhabi doctrine. Do you think they will do that?
MBS authorizing women the right to drive is a small step. The world shouldn't get bamboozled by such small steps. His anti corruption drive is more about filling the state coffers and removing potential adversaries.

Can you possibly paint with a broader brush?
Dude, I'm making a point with a generalized comment which I find to be mostly true, while I'm sipping a glass of whiskey at a bar. I don't have time to write a 10,000 word nuanced dissertation on why i feel the muslim world gets noticeably more angry when America takes innocent Muslim lives than when other Muslims take innocent Muslim lives.

The guy making those changes, MBS, is the one who was in charge of prosecuting the war in Yemen. so I highly doubt he'll be shifting the direction of this strategy when he's the architect of it.

Dude, I'm making a point with a generalized comment which I find to be mostly true, while I'm sipping a glass of whiskey at a bar. I don't have time to write a 10,000 word nuanced dissertation on why i feel the muslim world gets noticeably more angry when America takes innocent Muslim lives than when other Muslims take innocent Muslim lives.
ed6.jpg

The guy making those changes, MBS, is the one who was in charge of prosecuting the war in Yemen. so I highly doubt he'll be shifting the direction of this strategy when he's the architect of it.
uss cole
fuck yemen

there are few countries out there i wish would kill each other more often until they change and any government collapse will result in this shit. that's war and we should stay out. they'll stop when they get tired of losing people

uss cole
fuck yemen

there are few countries out there i wish would kill each other more often until they change
Uh, what? Its not like that attack was carried out by the Yemeni government, it was Al Qaeda. So you have no issue with millions of people who are innocent and have no connection to that attack paying for that attack via a catastrophic famine? Alright buddy...

uss cole
fuck yemen

there are few countries out there i wish would kill each other more often until they change and any government collapse will result in this shit. that's war and we should stay out. they'll stop when they get tired of losing people

When you couldn't prove you were more ignorant, you manage to surprise me.

USS Cole was bombed by Alqaeda, you know the guys that controlled half of Yemen with the blessing of Saudi Arabia and against who the Houthis are also fighting.

Uh, what? Its not like that attack was carried out by the Yemeni government, it was Al Qaeda. So you have no issue with millions of people who are innocent and have no connection to that attack paying for that attack via a catastrophic famine? Alright buddy...
this is a tired line. i want us to stay out of it. you try this old shit: you just want yemen's children to die!! nice chomsky attempt there. no. we stay out. not interested.

Back