Yelled at for not dropping 135 deadlift in a controlled manner.

jimmylmao

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
So at this gold's gym I go to now, there is one platform and sets of Bumper plates. I load up 135 for warm up dead lifts. I did 5 romanian deadlifts with emphasis on speed, so I'm not worried about putting the bar down in a slow manner. After I finished with the warm up set, two slighter old gym goers that have been regulars for a while doing quarter squats came up to me and asked me why I'm not controlling the dead lifts down so there's no noise. I explained to him that this is a gym and that I'm on a lifting platform and using bumper plates. I also added in the fact that I'm here to practice my classical lifts. Dude cuts me off immediately after hearing "Olympic" and which he asked me "But you're not in the Olympics so lower the weights carefully". I get furious, half of which because he cut me off for trying to explain what I'm doing and the rest is his obvious ignorance of anything Olympic lifting. Instead of yelling back I just apologized. Guy calls me an idiot and an attention whore. I get more furious but instead of using my words, I loaded up 225 to do a clean and jerk. I caught the clean, ride it down the bottom and made eye on contact with the idiot gym goer. I rised up easily with the weight all with eye contact with him and then finished up with a jerk. After holding the weight on the oh position i slammed the weight down while making eye contact with him He goes back to do his 315 quarter squats I still have more tricks. I loaded up 185 on the bar and muscle snatched the weight and lowered it to my shoulder. Dropped down to a full squat and klokov pressed the weight admittedly with a little rebound. I could tell they both were watching me intently at this point so I dropped the bar from the bottom postion and proceeded to do 5 more power cleans purposely dropping the weight from my shoulders. They left without saying anything and went on to do their leg presses.

Was I wrong not gently dropping the 135s down in a controlled manner? It wasn't like i was dropping it from the waist. It was guided down.

you sound like a ****

in a gym with a bunch of other ****s

Dude was an asshole for getting in your business, you let him get the better of you and disrupt your workout.

Headphones bro....headphones....or earphones. When in in gyms, zero attention is being paid to anything other than getting my shit done so I can get out.

Is there really a need for dropping the weights though? Granted I'm not a heavy puller, but I manage to pretty much control all of my weights down, up to my 1RM of 210kg, so I'm sure it won't hurt you to control 135 instead of dropping it.

Guy was right on the money with the attention whore comment.

It doesn't sound like you got a good warmup.

There's always going to be that one guy. I have a guy like that in my gym, comes in the same time everyday and mean mugs everyone. I think that there's legit something wrong with him.

That being said I hate when people drop the weights. It bends the bar.

If anyone who wasn't a staff member asked me to quiet down in the gym, I'd likely smile "Ok mister" and go back to exactly what I was doing. If a staff member asked me to quiet down, I'd find a new gym cause the one I'm in is obviously not fit for me. Unless I'm a douchebag who doesn't lower their weights in a controlled manner.

I would be laughing at all 3 of you guys if I was there...

"Get the fuck out of my face and leave me alone."

- Kenny Florian

I feel like this should be made in to a buff dudes video.

TS only became an arsehole after original arsehole disturbed arsehole TS' workout. IMHO.

Sounds like there was a lot of sexual tension between you and those guys.

When did f13 become the misc?

Should have banged the guy. That would have taught him to keep his fucking mouth shut...

It's good manners to not bother other people. You were just warming up, you didn't need to drop the weight as if you were PRing or something.

Back