Years ago, if you told me.....????....., I wouldn't believe it

LTorino

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Stipe Miocic was a dominant HW champion. - After losing to Stefan Struve and struggling mightily with Shane Del Rosario(RIP) and Joey Beltran, I would have been shocked

Michael Bisping would be MW Champion. Bisping was a good fighter, but it seemed clear as day he was nowhere near championship caliber(UFC 100 Hendo loss was as thorough an outclassing as you will see. He also lost to old Wand and had some tooth and nail struggles with mid-level guys like Thales Leites and CB Dolloway). Even the Rockhold 1 fight seemed pretty clear that Bisping was nowhere near the top of the division, and that wasn't very long ago.

Derek Brunson would KO Lyoto Machida. I still remember Brunson fighting Jacare in Strikeforce and being Jacare's showcase of his newfound striking skills, as Brunson was KO'd almost instantly. Then Brunson kind of had to run away from Chris Leben and pepper to win a close decision in his UFC debut. It seemed he was a very limited fighter. But he has become a legit guy.

I guess the lesson is, people improve and decline, humans make mistakes, fights can vary from one to the next, and there's some serious power in never quitting and believing in yourself.

HW is so shallow right now

Michael Bisping is the biggest fraud since Conor

I'm still digesting that Brunson KOd machida

Michael Bisping was headlining MSG as the champion of his division.

I agree.

All those guys have made major improvements over the last few years.

I also never thought Woodley would be champ after getting outjabbed by Rory. I was shocked when he KO'ed Lawler and I figured Wonderboy could reenact Rory's gameplan but even better. Nowadays Rory is gone and Wonderboy doesn't throw enough jabs, or hardly anything for that matter in his two title fights.

Woodley has figured out what works for him and how to take the least damage. He seems to finally understand the power and speed of his Overhand Right which he used very well versus Lawler and Wonderboy. It is also a great decoy and is probably the reason why Wonderboy was hesitant to engage, because he had already tasted Woodley's punching power.

Crazy times we live in.

It's called USADA.

Some fighters have significantly declined since mid 2015, and declined while still within prime age ranges. I don't think Stipe would be the HW champion if USADA had never come to the sport.

I DEFINITELY don't think Bisping would be the MW champion without USADA -- TRT Hendo would have smashed him, even at 46 years old.

Years ago if you told me...

Is this a game? That's what I took from the topic, but then I got discouraged by the actual content of the post.

bisping is the mw equivalent to matt serra machida is much past his prime i always felt stipe was a bit of a dark horse but hw has always been thin on top end talent

Bisping's champion. Machida was KO'd by a bum. GSP's fighting at Middleweight. Kevin Spacey's gay and might be a child predator. Shit's crazy.

LHW would not rule the UFC

UFC would sell for $4 billion

UFC would die a slow death

Bisping's champion. Machida was KO'd by a bum. GSP's fighting at Middleweight. Kevin Spacey's gay and might be a child predator. Shit's crazy.
I'll never see Francis Underwood the same again.

damn... cory feldman was right about hollywood.
fucken pedos everywhere :eek:

Ronda is no longer the most dominant athlete in the world.

If you would have told me ANY mma fighter would step in the ring with Mayweather, I would have called you a fucking fool and bashed you every time I seen you post. Jokes on me nowFloyd-Mayweather-Laughing.jpg 1486681652307.jpg

The Usual Suspects, Se7en and Dazed and Confused are tainted forever<mma3>

Jon Jones wasn't as pure as they wanted you to believe

<JonesLaugh>

Back