YCM Update: Another setback, most likely the last.. diagnosed with brain tumor

wow that is some shit. stay strong and positive and strong. don't become depressed and weak, if you can overcome this nothing will stop you.

Damn son, I feel bad for your training partners and future opponents. You've been fighting as a woman this whole time. Take your physical capabilities and times them by 100.

I knew a guy that had low test, once he got it fixed, he immediately was like 2x the athlete. This guy worked out every day and in one week was basically doubling everything. Then it allowed him to train more so after a couple months it was crazy

get that thing out of there, don't let them diddle daddle

Damn, man...sorry to hear that. Focus on getting healthy first abs then see where it goes from there. I wish you the best of luck...keep us updated if you have a chance.

Heartbreaking, YCM. I remember seeing your sparring sessions and it seemed you had a lot of natural talent for the sport.

Luckily you are still young. I'd take this thing one day at a time. Who knows what could happen in the future. (BLEED FOR THIS 2, starring YCM? ;))

Where dat last session at?

Thoughts and prayers with you, man.

Had my surgery. The entire tumor was removed, so that is a blessing. Recovery is pretty rough albeit its only been 5 days, this is the most painful uncomfortable thing I've ever experienced. I can barely open my eyes, lights hurt very bad and it literally feels like my head is going to explode when not on the pain medicine. Apart from what feels like hell on earth, I am happy that I should make a recovery good enough to box, and none of the more serious complications happened ( no memory issues, not blind thank the lord, no cognitive issues, most of all I'm not dead ). God is great, look forward to being in the ring again by the end of 2017.

Through this pain and misfortune I have been reborn, I am a 2.0 version of myself. I will come back a monster. Thanks everybody for the support and the well wishes, greatly appreciated.

Had my surgery. The entire tumor was removed, so that is a blessing. Recovery is pretty rough albeit its only been 5 days, this is the most painful uncomfortable thing I've ever experienced. I can barely open my eyes, lights hurt very bad and it literally feels like my head is going to explode when not on the pain medicine. Apart from what feels like hell on earth, I am happy that I should make a recovery good enough to box, and none of the more serious complications happened ( no memory issues, not blind thank the lord, no cognitive issues, most of all I'm not dead ). God is great, look forward to being in the ring again by the end of 2017.

Through this pain and misfortune I have been reborn, I am a 2.0 version of myself. I will come back a monster. Thanks everybody for the support and the well wishes, greatly appreciated.

Really pleased for you man, thanks for keeping us updated, stay safe and get well soon!

Amen brother! Get well soon.

Get well soon! :)

Glad you are ok bro! was worried about you. Get back to boxing asap!

thats great news. Congrats man

Thank you for the support everyone. After more thought, fuck all that, I will become a boxing world champion whether it kills me. I will find a way around this testosterone thing, and if I have to have my whole career in Mexico where TRT and growth hormone replacement is allowed I'll do what I gotta do.

I'll give everyone updates in this thread as to how my recovery is after surgery and all that. If I don't post about it by February, assume the worst. That will not happen though, this is god's test to give me the strength to excel at life to the maximum that I can.

In a way.. this tumor is a slight relief. I started thinking I just can't do it because of how much I would get injured, that I wasn't built for it. With all the talent I thought I had, and time I put into the sport, my body just wouldn't cooperate. Finding out I have a medical reason as to what was happening to me, is, as i said, relieving. I seriously cannot wait to just feel normal again. I may not even know what normal feels like.

I do have serious advice to everybody though - if you are healthy, count your blessings. I -thought- I had problems until this came up, and it became aware to me how insignificant those problems were. Nothing is better than just being able to wake up and say you are a healthy individual. No amount of fortune or fame is better than that. If I was given 100 million right now, I would gladly spend all 100 million to reverse time and never have had this tumor in the first place.

as a person who has spent the better part of his life in and out of hospitals for a litany of issues i understand your change in perspective; i have had five heart surgeries, and a few other minor surgeries..not to mention the other health issues i have..

my point being in some ways this will give you a better appreciation for life, even the simplest things when you come this close to losing it; so your perspective on life and what it holds for you will change dramatically for the better.

i wish you well...and wish u a speedy recover..your in my prayers and i do believe you are a talented guy... glad that you got an answer regarding the issues you were having healthwise.

Great news! Get well soon and keep us posted.

Are you on testosterone?

Not at the moment. In 3 months I go for a full evaluation of all my hormone levels to see how much of a rebound I have after I should be fully healed, and at that point we'll know exactly how much permanent damage has been done and will be supplemented as needed.

I want to avoid the hell out of TRT though because it is banned in boxing as far as I know, and will make it extremely difficult to pursue a professional career if I require it, unless I get some serious exemption ( which I'm sure I would get, I'm not an old guy trying to get the edge on the competition, I have a very well documented serious medical problem ). I talked to my Endo though a little bit, and in terms of the testosterone, testicles are what create it. How could a tumor in my head effect my testosterone then? The pituitary gland sends a messenger called Lutenizing Hormone that gives the testicles the command to work and produce testosterone. So I'm thinking I can supplement Luteinizing Hormone to give myself 100% natural testosterone that my own body produced to get back to my normal levels. My endocrine doctor agreed and said while its not usually done because its much more efficient to just do TRT, not many people in my situation are pursuing professionally athletic careers. So I'm very confident everything is going to work out no matter what, even with the testosterone problem.

Thank you all for the support!

^There's also other ways to increase production that don't require involving the brain and are not banned. With banned substances, the only reason they know people take them is because the testosterone levels are above their designated "normal" range. In other words, they can't necessarily detect the substance itself, just the levels. If someone's levels are critically low and they did TRT, and their levels were just normal on account of that, they'd be fine.

But we can discuss that more in-depth later.

^There's also other ways to increase production that don't require involving the brain and are not banned. With banned substances, the only reason they know people take them is because the testosterone levels are above their designated "normal" range. In other words, they can't necessarily detect the substance itself, just the levels. If someone's levels are critically low and they did TRT, and their levels were just normal on account of that, they'd be fine.

But we can discuss that more in-depth later.

From what I've researched, any amount of testosterone injected can be detected, because they look at the ratio of testosterone to epitestosterone, I think the ratio allowed is 6:1 or something. If you have any kind of injected testosterone, the epitestosterone equivalency will be very high resulting in a positive synthetic testosterone test.

Which is why I think if I have luteinizing hormone - to restore my testosterone to my real regular levels, the epitestosterone should match showing that its not synthetic.

I was thinking about the fact that they'd never know because my levels are absurdly low - boosting me to a normal 900-1300 test range for normal athletes my age shouldn't cause any red flags. They would know its synthetic based off the lack of epitestosterone though.

Gotta cross that bridge once I get there though, whichever happens it will all work out.

That's in a healthy person though, the hormone feedback. When you're not healthy, the endocrine system doesn't respond predictably.

Back