YCM Update: Another setback, most likely the last.. diagnosed with brain tumor

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by YoungCashMoney, Dec 9, 2016.

1. YoungCashMoney Yellow Belt

YoungCashMoney
    I recently returned to training after having surgery on my right hand, and posted a sparring vid to critique a few months ago. I was preparing to have my first fight back when I ended up tearing a muscle in my back once again.

I started to have blurry vision slowly but surely as well as migraines that were getting consistently worse over the past few years, so I went to the doctor to figure out what was wrong. They did an MRI of my brain, and I ended up finding out the worst news of my life.

I have a brain tumor. I scheduled my surgery to get it removed because if I don't, I will go blind, go into full hormonal failure and die. January the biggest fight of my life gets resolved.

It is the reason I've been injured so much the past 4 years, my Testosterone when finally tested was at 147. Average for my age is 800-1100, and mine was at a whopping 147, and my growth hormone was well below average. The neuro surgeon I went to explained that the tumor has most likely been growing for about 5-10 years now, and the first thing it damages is testosterone.

My whole boxing career I've been extremely crutched by what you could call anti-steroids, I've never once boxed to my full potential and I may never get the chance to. They told me the damage the tumor has done is permanent and my boxing career is pretty much over. I have faith that I will overcome all this though and find a way. Thanks to anyone who followed and critiqued any of my training videos.

Robocok, FadeLess, Jkaylor and 3 others like this.
  2. DoctorTaco Breadhead

DoctorTaco
    Bullshit. Doctors are pussies who've never been punched in the kisser. Get that shit removed, rest up and then get back to work. You'll be fine and id you've made it this far with a lady brain you'll do even better once your brain is kicking out T like it should.

3. YoungCashMoney Yellow Belt

YoungCashMoney
    I'ma be honest , if I've been boxing with extremely low testosterone this whole time, I fully expect to punch holes through people if it goes from 147 to 1100. The biggest problem is the doctors are saying its just not possible, and I would need testosterone replacement therapy and growth hormone replacement for the rest of my life. Which I have a funny feeling is not allowed in boxing..

4. j123 Pro Sherdogger 500-0-1

j123
    That sucks to hear. I hope you can pull through.

5. DoctorTaco Breadhead

DoctorTaco
    Professional boxing? Probably not. Amateur? No one will know. Disclose the whole situation to the match maker and they'll find you someone, no problem.

SummerStriker likes this.
  6. AndyMaBobs Green Belt

AndyMaBobs
    Y'know your basement? Well right underneath that.
    I don't want to comment on TRT because I don't know enough about it's legality.

But man, I wish you all the best in your surgery and I hope you start kicking ass just like you've been doing with the 'lady brain' :) please keep us posted man

Wishing you the best.

deviake and YoungCashMoney like this.
  7. Sano Brown Belt

Sano
    Wishing you all the best in these troubling times YCM. We're all behind you! Let us know about your recovery after surgery if you feel like sharing.

deviake and YoungCashMoney like this.
  8. Bzerkfury White Belt

Bzerkfury
    Seriously man all the best you sound like a strong individual. put your heart into overcomming this set back, dont let anything rock your confidence or belief in yourself. ive seen amazing things happen when a person doesnt let adversity get them down, use your pain as motivation. nothing is impossible. Limits like fear are ofturn an illusion.

YoungCashMoney likes this.
  9. biscuitsbrah Black Belt

biscuitsbrah
    Damn man, tough luck. The only real advice I can give is to just be grateful that you caught it before it got way worse.

I know it can be hard to be grateful when in a situation like yours but i find it makes things much easier

YoungCashMoney and Jimmy H like this.
  10. Jimmy H Brown Belt

Jimmy H
    I know its hard to have set backs for your dream, but don't give up just yet. Bless you bro and I hope your operation goes ok.

YoungCashMoney and biscuitsbrah like this.
  11. Soul Rebel 2 Black Belt

Soul Rebel 2
    Dude, thats heartbreaking, I'm so sorry. Best of luck with the operation and recovery, keep us updated and know that theres still a lot of room in the sport for you.

12. sourdiesel209 Green Belt

sourdiesel209
    Damn that sucks man, wish you all the best. Its crazy how you been training for so long with so low T levels, I hope those doctors are full of shit and you can get back to normal eventually...

13. Davem10 Purple Belt

Davem10
    Good luck for the recovery man

Good job you found it now ad not in ten years or so when there is nothing you can do

Get it removed and get straight back on the grind

14. YoungCashMoney Yellow Belt

YoungCashMoney
    Thank you for the support everyone. After more thought, fuck all that, I will become a boxing world champion whether it kills me. I will find a way around this testosterone thing, and if I have to have my whole career in Mexico where TRT and growth hormone replacement is allowed I'll do what I gotta do.

I'll give everyone updates in this thread as to how my recovery is after surgery and all that. If I don't post about it by February, assume the worst. That will not happen though, this is god's test to give me the strength to excel at life to the maximum that I can.

In a way.. this tumor is a slight relief. I started thinking I just can't do it because of how much I would get injured, that I wasn't built for it. With all the talent I thought I had, and time I put into the sport, my body just wouldn't cooperate. Finding out I have a medical reason as to what was happening to me, is, as i said, relieving. I seriously cannot wait to just feel normal again. I may not even know what normal feels like.

I do have serious advice to everybody though - if you are healthy, count your blessings. I -thought- I had problems until this came up, and it became aware to me how insignificant those problems were. Nothing is better than just being able to wake up and say you are a healthy individual. No amount of fortune or fame is better than that. If I was given 100 million right now, I would gladly spend all 100 million to reverse time and never have had this tumor in the first place.

AminoAcid, Robocok, Jaime81 and 8 others like this.
  15. bobthebuilder Special Belt

bobthebuilder
    Being alive and well is most important. Some advice: get through the recovery from the surgery, and don't care too much about how long it takes. After that, you can get back on track and do the things you enjoy. Life events like this change a person though, and put everything into perspective.

On training, remember you basically went this long without knowing you even had a testosterone deficiency. You can adjust your training program a little to do better than before. You can train as hard each day as anyone, just give yourself more break days to recover. Many people are inconsistent, don't train when they have minor injuries, don't eat well, don't sleep enough, don't arrange their training plans intelligently, and you can do better in these areas, you could also focus on being more technical. You can still get faster and stronger as well, you just need more recovery time and won't grow muscle mass as fast.

Sano and YoungCashMoney like this.
  16. YoungCashMoney Yellow Belt

YoungCashMoney
    The problem was the injuries I started having though, even when trying to compensate for what I thought as being my injury prone body. I've torn ligaments in both my wrists, have had multiple surgeries, torn muscles in my back, broken bones in my hand. I seriously can't tone the training down much more to be competitive and not injure myself. I'll need a boost to continue, I'm hoping a miracle happens and I just magically get all my T and GH back.

Indeed though, being able to one day see my grand kids is number one. I'm going to do whatever possible to continue my drive to the top. It bothers me so much because I know how bad I want it - and its being taken from me (boxing), or atleast trying to be taken from me. I've known just from boxing the elite that I can be and will be better than them. If I cannot box, it will be a tragedy to me.

Out of all the years I've trained, whats an actually crazy statistic is, I've actually only been active for one year and 2 months, and I can compete with guys who have been boxing since they were children with no problem (and that is with low T). The other 2 years and 10 months I've been off on injury. I always believed it was my destiny to do great in boxing and support my family and friends to the fullest. It makes me sick to think this is how things are turning out (atleast for right now) but I'm going to do whatever I can to make everything work out.

@Sinister , Idk if you still come to this side of the forum I rarely see you on here, but now you know why I haven't been in vegas lately. I still want you to critique my last sparring lol, your advice is always usually the most helpful for me.

Hell, my right hand surgery alone had me out for 13 months.

Sinister, biscuitsbrah and Sano like this.
  17. dryingpole10 Yellow Belt

dryingpole10
    Sorry to hear man. That is really tough luck. I remember I had an injury that kept me out of training for a while and I was pretty upset about it. I can only imagine how you must feel.

You have the biggest fight in front of you, if you can overcome this, the rest of your life will be easy.

18. Noodles03 Orange Belt

Noodles03
    Hopefully this wouldn't sound too corny, but I'll definitely keep you in my prayer. I might have potential tumor growing in my liver or kidney. For unknown reason reason, my bilirubin levels is too high which is affecting my immune system and energy level. lol I think it's from paying too much taxes and not eating enough cookies. Anyway I'll be praying for your recovery.

YoungCashMoney and Jimmy H like this.
  19. DoctorTaco Breadhead

DoctorTaco
    Testosterone directly helps with recovery from injury and surgery. Your bones will get denser, your tendons and ligaments can be strengthened. You'll be surprised how much healthier you'll feel when your post op and recovering your T levels

20. Soul Rebel 2 Black Belt

Soul Rebel 2
    I don't want to be the downer in this thread but it needs to be said that you should follow the advice of your doctors. If they deem it too dangerous for you to fight then, unfortunately, you need to comply. That said, you'll probably be fine, Bigfoot Silva had a similar operation and continued to fight afterwards. You're seriously gonna be a monster with the hormone therapy.