ycm sparring 5 (feat. sinister)

YoungCashMoney

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
reunited with my trainer a week ago, got some good work with sinister's boy. Critique and enjoy the progress.

Great. More sparring with highly skilled people. At work now. So i only watched the first two minutes. But you look sharp as ever.

@YoungCashMoney

Looks very good thanks. A question: Can your stance be a problem in defense against southpaws regarding leading hook? Had any problems with that?

Blue/green headgear and gloves is TS

So i watched the whole video. That was a nice sparring session. The other guy was a bit passive.

Your best punch is your left hook. Both body and head. You almost could hit him at will with those shots. At least in the first half of the video.

Kinda look like you got a bit tried at the end of round two. And also midway into the last round. That also woke up your sparring partner.

I like your defense. You got good understanding of the shoulder roll and philly shell. Not sure i like when you duck very low like you did a few times in the corner.. But i aint a boxer. So it may not be anything wrong with that.

Cool to finaly see you spar again . Keep the videos coming.

I don't think he got tired. He gave in a little in what was an obvious mismatch. Very common thing to try and make it worthwile for the other guy.

That's how I saw it.

Glad to see you post again YCM, would definitely love to see you throw that body, head hook combo more often, seems like you always catch em with that. Keep posting!

Clicked on the thread expecting a mixtape of some sweet mumblerap, but oh well-- this is good too, I guess

I sometimes think to myself 'yeah I'm a decent boxer'... then YoungCashMoney posts.

Fuck I loved that left uppercut right uppercut left hook at the end of round two when you get cornered. I have been practicing this a lot yet too afraid to pull it off in a real spar.

Capoeira?

Wing chun without sparring?

Padwork and heavybag sessions at a good boxing or mt gym?

Awesome! YCM and Sinister together, that's like the standup sections wet dream.

Good luck with everything YCM, wish you the best!

@YoungCashMoney

Looks very good thanks. A question: Can your stance be a problem in defense against southpaws regarding leading hook? Had any problems with that?

haven't boxed too many southpaws.. the ones I did tho I didn't have an issue with the right hook. I pick my hands up against them

So i watched the whole video. That was a nice sparring session. The other guy was a bit passive.

Your best punch is your left hook. Both body and head. You almost could hit him at will with those shots. At least in the first half of the video.

Kinda look like you got a bit tried at the end of round two. And also midway into the last round. That also woke up your sparring partner.

I like your defense. You got good understanding of the shoulder roll and philly shell. Not sure i like when you duck very low like you did a few times in the corner.. But i aint a boxer. So it may not be anything wrong with that.

Cool to finaly see you spar again . Keep the videos coming.

Thanks, my left hook is my most consistent shot & I would agree is my best punch. I've hurt more ppl with left hook to the body than I have with any other shot, but my straight right hand is the lethal one that causes the most damage. I just land hooks way more often.

I had ran 6 miles in the morning with 2lb combat boots & 2lb weights in my hands up a mountain, and every morning before that, so my legs were shot to shit going into the spar. They started cramping up in the middle of the 2nd round and you'll see me try nd kick em out a little bit. It wasn't my wind so to speak, it was my damn legs that got so tired. I also wanted to let my sparring partner get some work in - so I stopped moving as much and made sure to give him time to work on my guard/the shell so I could work on tiny things as well like catching and shooting.

ducking low has its advantages and disadvantages, its something I personally never really do so I want to work on it - changing my level drastically to roll out.

Glad to see you post again YCM, would definitely love to see you throw that body, head hook combo more often, seems like you always catch em with that. Keep posting!

Yep thats my money combo.. whether its to the head first then the body or the body first then the head. I don't throw it too often tho especially if its working because I don't want to hurt/damage my sparring partner too much. It's also a flashy combo and I don't want to give off the wrong impression that I'm teeing off or anything.

I sometimes think to myself 'yeah I'm a decent boxer'... then YoungCashMoney posts.

I'm just a quick handed guy so I can do things that look like I'm better than I actually am - with only 3 fights, maybe 60 sparring sessions total and about 8months of active training with a trainer, (and 5 years of visualization and obsession with studying the sport and continuing to learn), I'm still a complete baby in the sport. Got a lot to learn nd a lot to work on. Just one week being back with my coach & I've already fixed some of my bad habits tho and learned a lot.

Fuck I loved that left uppercut right uppercut left hook at the end of round two when you get cornered. I have been practicing this a lot yet too afraid to pull it off in a real spar.

just do it, thats what sparring is for!

Yeah. He still hung in there. So respect to him also

He is only 16, respect to him for sure. I was pulling my punches of course (no matter how it may look), but still he ate some clean ones and kept his composure very well, esp for someone who is 16

Back