YCM Sparring 4

YoungCashMoney

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

Worked on a few things, specifically the jab.

Previously I voiced my concern about this dude out jabbing me, so my mission for this session was to
A: Bring the pull counter off the shelf, and use it to dissuade him from jabbing since it's probably his best weapon
B: Double and triple my own jab to the body and head, and establishing jab feints, with head off center
C: Keep left hand up while leading
D: Stay lighter on my feet.

Another sparring partner hurt, but I swear on my life I wasn't trying to do that. Had no intentions of causing harm to my sparring partner, just a clean shot landed. You will see after every clean shot I back off a bit, I genuinely just want these guys to last rounds so I can work on my stuff.

Before that though, he was doing very good against me, I worked on the things mentioned above : Comment/critique on what you guys think I can/should work on. Anything you notice please let me know.

You lost your head at the end there. And went on a rampage to hurt your sparring partner that was not trying to hurt you.

You seem like a talented young guy with alot of skills. But you have a ego problem.

You lost your head at the end there. And went on a rampage to hurt your sparring partner that was not trying to hurt you.

You seem like a talented young guy with alot of skills. But you have a ego problem.

Ok I will stop posting sparring videos here since this seems to be the response I consistently get : I am working here at 50-60% of my ability, I am working to get rust off. I am not in training, I spar once a week while I'm completely out of shape just to not forget everything I've been taught. These guys are active amateurs who are currently fighting, and yes they are trying to hurt me. I am not trying to hurt them, you have it the wrong way. A rampage is me trying to land a hook to the body? I could try and really hurt him next time just to prove what would happen if I was actually trying to hurt him, but that wouldn't be cool and I would never do that to somebody unless they wronged me one way or another. I am not trying to hurt anybody I spar. I slipped his right hand and threw my hook to the body, and it just caught him correctly. The last hook to the body I tried to throw is the only "rampage" like thing I did in the 5 punches total I had thrown in the previous 10 seconds, but that was more instinct of when I have someone on the ropes in a compromised position, make them pay. I wasn't thinking "I'm gonna hurt this guy screw him" or anything like that. Far from.

When I say I'm going 50-60%, that does not mean 50-60% speed/power, those for the most part stay what they are, I've been taught to punch with technique and compromising my speed/power will compromise my timing as well as my technique. I mean that I level my boxing skill to where my opponent is at typically and work around it.

I have no idea why you think my sparring partner was not trying to hurt me, though, I guarantee he is, and I expect all my sparring partners to go 100% with me and nothing less unless I specifically state otherwise, which I will never do. I give them a shell of myself so I can get better. I want to be the best I can be, and I've never once cried or complained about getting my ass whooped by some of the best amateurs/pros in the US, who were telling everybody they would knock me out. I embrace that shit because thats what will make me better. Doesn't change the fact that I still for the most part never go 100%. This is my 4th time in the ring in over 400 days, I have 3 amateur fights and 13 months of active experience, I'm not some pro taking advantage of people.

I really could rain down 8-10 punch combinations on these guys, but I don't because I am just working to get the rust off and don't want to risk hurting them/looking like an asshole.

An ego problem? If I get hit it is my natural instinct to try and return the favor, This is boxing, not some sissy game. I've gotten my ass beat so bad a couple times, didn't change at all how I felt about my ego, just like when this happens nothing changes. I am literally just working. This is boxing, not the most peaceful sport.

I'd rather not have comments about my "ego" or my "sparring etiquette", if you haven't seen me go on a rampage, u are in no position to say I went on a rampage, and if you don't know me personally, u are in no position to say I have an ego problem. Comment on things I can work on in my boxing game, offensively and defensively, don't try and judge somebody you don't know.

After having my life on the line the last year, that was literally the biggest ego check I've ever received and put the world in perspective for me. None of this shit matters, thank god for your health and pray you remain healthy. Having an ego goes out the window when ur health does.

@YoungCashMoney

Please dont stop posting your videos! I really enjoy them. You have a very fluid body movement und execution of punches and its interesting to see your development as your jab in this video looks clearly better than in previous vids.

Your opponent also seemed quite competent but the way you throw punches and the agility in your footwork really sets you apart.

Do you plan on going professional at a certain point? Imo you look like you have the talent for it.

Last edited:
I really liked what I saw:
- the body jab
- the triple jabs
What I did not like:
- balance issues
- pressuring - you can go high guard and pull some steam on most of the guy you fight. For example this guy jabs. Once you figured him out you could just walk forward parry his jabs and then punch him. You need to learn to pressure and work, off that jab. You need to learn to find your distance. You are kind of good when it comes to actual fighting but it just looks like you cant find that distance to punch people.

@YoungCashMoney

Please dont stop posting your videos! I really enjoy them. You have a very fluid body movement und execution of punches and its interesting to see your development as your jab in this video looks clearly better than in previous vids.

Your opponent also seemed quite competent but the way you throw punches and the agility in your footwork really sets you apart.

Do you plan on going professional at a certain point? Imo you look like you have the talent for it.

If god is willing the dream was always to be a world champion. I've had many setbacks though in terms of health and injuries, but I haven't let go of the dream so yes I plan on going pro one day assuming my health is fine. Thank you! I enjoy reading the critique especially while I am not with a trainer. It is annoying though when I'm asking for critique and I read messages talking about my etiquette and how hard I'm going ect ect when its just not true. I am asking for critique on what I'm doing to help myself. Also sharing with you guys for entertainment purposes, I personally love watching any and all boxing sparring or not, so if I can entertain the forum I read on a daily basis, thats a plus for me. I can't post videos to share though if they are just received negatively.

I really liked what I saw:
- the body jab
- the triple jabs
What I did not like:
- balance issues
- pressuring - you can go high guard and pull some steam on most of the guy you fight. For example this guy jabs. Once you figured him out you could just walk forward parry his jabs and then punch him. You need to learn to pressure and work, off that jab. You need to learn to find your distance. You are kind of good when it comes to actual fighting but it just looks like you cant find that distance to punch people.

Yes the dreaded balance issues, I can only assume this is because I'm not drilling myself consistently, but definitely something that needs to be worked on, thanks.

The distancing is something I'll only get through experience and time in the ring sparring and fighting. That is one of the big tells of my lack of experience. I try to be careful pressuring because I don't like running into punches, and I really want to get my jab working from range again, the counter on the outside working from range, I want to establish all of those things. His jab isn't as parriable(word?) as it might seem though, he is a few inches taller than me and fights much taller than me, so he drops his jab from up top instead of shooting it from low, in order to parry it I'd need my right hand very high, and he would set something up as I've already attempted that. That's why I tried to go the pull counter his jab approach - which seemed to work. Thanks for the advice.

I liked all the jabs, very good and that's going to help sharpen your game. Keep doing that at least regularly.

To me it did look like you were holding back really well. Up at the end he turned the dial up, got ambitious and went Mexican™ on you in that corner, so I can see why you brought it up at the end but I thought you did really nicely the whole time other than maybe that last 6 seconds. Unfortunate end but after watching the end several times I can say that the punch that crumpled him was definitely not your full power, just good power and very well placed. The punch you did after that (the right) was on the wild side but it looked like it missed/grazed anyway. The last punch looks like it landed on the arms but he was already done.

You did have an adrenaline reaction at the end which I guess is really good for competition, but it does keep your from noticing once your spar buddy is hurt (I personally know about this). If it happens a 3rd time your training partner gets hurt I might be concerned (3 out of 3) if I were you I'd maybe adopt a different mentality and it playful yet competitive (worked for me) to keep the adrenaline from building up and determining your reaction. Use your best judgements, I'm not going to tell you what to do because I'm not sure anyway.

---

Also yes, you lean over the front foot a lot as someone noticed, which makes it easier to hit you (your face is closer to their glove) but not easier for you to jab (your arm isn't really closer to their face or as ready to deploy, even though it feels like it is) when it's like that.

Last edited:
I liked all the jabs, very good and that's going to help sharpen your game. Keep doing that at least regularly.

To me it did look like you were holding back really well. Up at the end he turned the dial up, got ambitious and went Mexican™ on you in that corner, so I can see why you brought it up at the end but I thought you did really nicely the whole time other than maybe that last 6 seconds. Unfortunate end but after watching the end several times I can say that the punch that crumpled him was definitely not your full power, just good power and very well placed. The punch you did after that (the right) was on the wild side but it looked like it missed/grazed anyway. The last punch looks like it landed on the arms but he was already done.

You did have an adrenaline reaction at the end which I guess is really good for competition, but it does keep your from noticing once your spar buddy is hurt (I personally know about this). If it happens a 3rd time your training partner gets hurt I might be concerned (3 out of 3) if I were you I'd maybe adopt a different mentality and it playful yet competitive (worked for me) to keep the adrenaline from building up and determining your reaction. Use your best judgements.

---

Also yes, you lean over the front foot a lot as someone noticed, which makes it easier to hit you (your face is closer to their glove) but not easier for you to jab (your arm isn't really closer to their face or as ready to deploy, even though it feels like it is) when it's like that.

Thank you for the tips, you are correct about the adrenaline reaction, he was doing good work in the corner and did some good things so I wanted to answer back with an effective shot and answer his good work with some good work of my own. The counter hook to the body just caught him correctly. You are also correct that for the moment that I have my burst of energy - its much more difficult for me to judge whether or not somebody is hurt. It's like instinct that I'm gonna give them good work for a few seconds, but if they get hurt on the first shot I land type thing, I might not notice they are hurt. Usually can tell pretty quickly though. Also: my competitive instinct still isn't me going 100% or 80% by any means, its me tapping into the aggression of the skill set I'm using for the current sparring session. A wake up call to start working and doing something.

Good note about leaning over the front foot , I'm going to look into that one and try to correct to the best of my ability, if it isn't giving me any advantages.

Definitely going to keep working the jab, I need it to become my best punch and my most common punch. That is the end goal, as it should be for any boxer.

Honestly a body shot has gotta barely count as a sparring partner getting hurt bad, that doesn't even need power just needs placement! Especially for dropping/koing someone with them, its usually way more about placement than power. Power just starts sapping energy IMO

Sparring looked like mutual intensity to me. Pull counter was very fast and nice.
Defensively you looked very good.

Some critique:
-You need to pressure and take some risks out there. You are constantly looking for the prefect spot to throw but you either need to make something happen with some pressure or take some risks out there and run into a few punches

-It’s not a fight, it’s sparring. You’re going to hit and you’re going to get hit. I would be perfectly fine if you fought like this but you aren’t improving sparring wise. You have the ability to make some major changes on how you approach these sparring sessions because of how much better you are than these guys. Fuck it! Take some risks about running into punches or getting and staying in range.

-Just accept it you’re a gym warrior bro. Lol. You can’t use the excuse like they are active amateurs blah blah because they are tired from training everyday. I’d rather be the guy who comes in fresh once a week than the guy worn out from training 6 days a week for the past 6 months.
This is not a knock on you though. I think you are very controlled and body shots don’t count as uncontrolled/wild/etc

I understand how you can just turn it up and just mow these guys over if you wanted too, we all train with people we are significantly better than. These are the people to try stuff out and take risks on.

Good job. Show us you’re trying to get better. You’re very skilled but watching that lack of activity fuckin kills me man!

Last edited:
Btw you’re priority should be finding a coach with a team like Sinisters. Even though I know you say ‘I can’t pull my punches I need to throw with 100% speed and power or it offsets my timing’, I think that is a cop out.

From the videos ive watched they aren’t always sparring and throwing punches like you are. I could be wrong and maybe that is the only way to spar for you. But i don’t see Sinisters guys regularly hurting each other.

But for these random guys you’re sparring I don’t really care. They aren’t you’re teammates and you are being as polite as it gets.

It’s just something to think about even though I know you’re tired of the same old criticism.

-It’s not a fight, it’s sparring. You’re going to hit and you’re going to get hit. I would be perfectly fine if you fought like this but you aren’t improving sparring wise. You have the ability to make some major changes on how you approach these sparring sessions because of how much better you are than these guys. Fuck it! Take some risks about running into punches or getting and staying in range.

This is a decent point. Ali was better than his sparring partners but he would just be completely on defense the whole time and let them try to wail away on him, not that you have to do that (especially not to his extreme extent), but it did help him become so sharp that no one around him was his equal, skills wise. It's really good idea so long as the other guy is below you, one of the best ways to learn, then when you need to go offensive, it will be so much easier because of the unbelievable defensive edge (and timing) you learned from it.

---

I was also going to recommend training just a little with Sinister if you can, since you're not training under anyone yet. Just a little bit with him will pay off massively with you, combined with your already unreasonable level of skill attributes and ability. Also, Luis' fighters are already accustomed to harder sparring at that gym.

Sparring looked like mutual intensity to me. Pull counter was very fast and nice.
Defensively you looked very good.

Some critique:
-You need to pressure and take some risks out there. Constantly looking for prefect spot to throw but you either need to make something happen with some pressure and take some risks out there.

-Just face it you’re a gym warrior bro. Lol

Being better and being more naturally gifted are 2 different things, I really can't say I'm that much better than this particular guy. He has a good jab, good fundamentals, he's able to disrupt my rhythm, he does some things that do indeed give me some trouble, and I don't "let" him do it, so I can't say I'm just way better. I am faster than he is, and for that reason do more damage to him than he does to me with similar punches.

I feel like I am improving - granted you have to understand this is my 4th time in the gym (not sparring, in the gym training period) in over a year and a half. But I am establishing my jab more, establishing my counters again. Watch my first day back, and you will see me apply pressure and take risks because I was itching to get back into it and see if I still got it. I used to literally sit on the ropes for rounds and let people throw at me so I could learn the crab well. I want every technique I do to be to prepare for fights - If I throw a hook one way in sparring, but another way in a fight, whats the point? Need to practice exactly how you plan to execute I believe.

I'm a warrior period, I've survived shit most people wouldn't believe, a fight warrior a gym warrior a warrior of god a game of thrones warrior. Team Targaryen warrior
On a serious note though: I really really really am not even coming close to trying to "beat" these guys. I'm a gym warrior thats out of shape doesn't train and has been on the shelf for years. What I did to him with the hook to the body, I am aware I could do that immediately, and set up my hook to the head using it, and they will be very painful shots. I'm aware I can sit down on my pull counter more, and when I land a good shot, I'm very aware I could just overwhelm them with my speed and throw ridiculous combinations. I don't do any of these things because I am not trying to hurt my sparring partners unless I need to try and hurt them to give them good work.

Speaking of Sinister - I started and came up in his gym, if you didn't know. me and Sinister know each other well and I'm pretty sure he will back up the claims that I am not at all using my full ability in the sparring sessions I've posted, it is very clear I'm trying to work on things. Esp if u seen the last 3 I've posted, I feel me working on different things and getting things back in my arsenal are very clear.

There is me sparring one of Sinisters guys shortly before I fell off the face of the planet crippled with injuries among other things. Once again, me and bleu are just working with each other, it is good work. He throws his punches correct which means they are hard, I throw my punches correct which means they have snap aswell, and we are both working on our own stuff, it is mutual and good work. I'm not some gym bully or "warrior". Sinister is one of the coaches who is helping me and has helped me from day one.

Last thing, I know in boxing you need to know ur going to get hit, its a risk I take. - but after seeing first hand what happens when your brain is being damaged or shut down, and the symptoms of it, it is nothing at all to play with and under no circumstance will I ever put myself in a willing position to receive more punishment than necessary. My risks are calculated and will always be calculated especially after that hell of a mind I went through before surgery. (if you want an idea, there was times I was floating in space with full blown hallucinations of feeling and everything on my body, it was torturous and scary beyond belief.) I won't be a walking punching bag just to "try it out", I'm going to do what my coach tells me to do in the corner, which since I don't have one in the corner right now, I'm doing what I want to do and that is chill and play around with my tricks, but at the same time keep the intensity hard so I keep my defense sharp.

Nice body shot. Dropping people with a well placed bodyshot to the liver is no problem imo. Nice to see you working on stuff. Good etiquette in the first round after that beautiful counter right.

Another armchair coach here. Just to elaborate on some things that's been said:

It's all big movements, that's partly why you are having trouble finding the range. You leap in and explode in big movements without creeping. Using smaller movements and getting a rhythm going might help you get into your range, while also drawing more counter opportunities from him and making you harder to read. It's pretty clear now that when you move big, you're about to lunge in. You are walking in straight a little when coming forward, which sometimes gets you caught. Small movements and rhythm will help with head movement too.

Your rear hand keeps dropping or moving away from your face when you're attacking with the lead. Are you trying to counterbalance or is it just a bad habit? You're jabbing more which was cool, but you're coming up on the jabs, chin up a little and rear hand moving away from your face. That's why he snapped your head back a few times when you guys were exchanging jabs. Maybe keep the rear hand in place to parry his jab when you want to close the distance, or come off center a few times. And at the times when you want to use the flicker jab catch him at the end of the range and don't move into his punching range while doing it. Body jab looks good.

The balance thing and falling a little over your feet is in part the eagerness, and in part the footwork I'd say. You tend to line up your feet at times when you need lateral stability. Nothing wrong with a bladed stance, but maybe going back to basics with the footwork drills might help you have a more stable base of support, and a better responsiveness to changing of direction.

I think the things you struggle with are a lot more apparent when you're not using your speed. Your speed and power might actually be a hindrance a little bit because you can overwhelm guys at this level with it. When you started putting some speed on your triple jabs you had a lot more success with it.

Not saying that you should go slow as shit or not use your abilities, but I think working like this as you are here is a good thing for you. Btw, you have a really great right hand counter, no matter what pace you are going.

Keep up the good work! Hope you sort out the coaching situation. I feel like someone like Sinister could help you out a lot, but then again it's about what makes sense for you and what is most reasonable!

Nice body shot. Dropping people with a well placed bodyshot to the liver is no problem imo. Nice to see you working on stuff. Good etiquette in the first round after that beautiful counter right.

Another armchair coach here. Just to elaborate on some things that's been said:

It's all big movements, that's partly why you are having trouble finding the range. You leap in and explode in big movements without creeping. Using smaller movements and getting a rhythm going might help you get into your range, while also drawing more counter opportunities from him and making you harder to read. It's pretty clear now that when you move big, you're about to lunge in. You are walking in straight a little when coming forward, which sometimes gets you caught. Small movements and rhythm will help with head movement too.

Your rear hand keeps dropping or moving away from your face when you're attacking with the lead. Are you trying to counterbalance or is it just a bad habit? You're jabbing more which was cool, but you're coming up on the jabs, chin up a little and rear hand moving away from your face. That's why he snapped your head back a few times when you guys were exchanging jabs. Maybe keep the rear hand in place to parry his jab when you want to close the distance, or come off center a few times. And at the times when you want to use the flicker jab catch him at the end of the range and don't move into his punching range while doing it. Body jab looks good.

The balance thing and falling a little over your feet is in part the eagerness, and in part the footwork I'd say. You tend to line up your feet at times when you need lateral stability. Nothing wrong with a bladed stance, but maybe going back to basics with the footwork drills might help you have a more stable base of support, and a better responsiveness to changing of direction.

I think the things you struggle with are a lot more apparent when you're not using your speed. Your speed and power might actually be a hindrance a little bit because you can overwhelm guys at this level with it. When you started putting some speed on your triple jabs you had a lot more success with it.

Not saying that you should go slow as shit or not use your abilities, but I think working like this as you are here is a good thing for you. Btw, you have a really great right hand counter, no matter what pace you are going.

Keep up the good work! Hope you sort out the coaching situation. I feel like someone like Sinister could help you out a lot, but then again it's about what makes sense for you and what is most reasonable!

Thanks armchair coach. Will keep all those in mind, I'm aware of most of what you listed, but its not like a light switch where I can just fix it instantaneously, I would if I could lol. All the foot work and stuff will come together again once I am able to focus on training again and bettering myself. Right now I'm literally going to the gym once a week to get some work in sparring because its so fun to me. Not drilling anything right now, but that rear hand thing is seriously is a problem isn't it? Damn, I really was trying to take a mental note of that one too lol. It will fix soon, I will continue to keep that one in mind a lot.

That's the problem, handspeed can give me a nice advantage that masks my problems, but if I lower the speed at all. , I lose not just most of my power but literally all of my timing. Those counter rights would never land if I tried to slow them down even just a little bit. Then I start getting whooped on and realize this just isn't going to work lol I need to use the speed. So working on the problem specifically becomes tougher.

Yes the counter right hand his eyes rolled a bit so I wanted to make sure he was ok, like I'm seriously trying to say - not trying to hurt anybody in sparring like that.

Sinister is always giving me advice, and has always helped me in areas where I need help in.

As for the coaching situation - I have some big deal personal problems I need to deal with right now before I get competitive again, so once those are handled, I will be back in Vegas with Floyd Sr. as well as taking advice from my go gym of Johnny Toccos through sinister, and I'm sure getting great work with all the fighters there.

Thank you Sano!

Thanks armchair coach. Will keep all those in mind, I'm aware of most of what you listed, but its not like a light switch where I can just fix it instantaneously, I would if I could lol. All the foot work and stuff will come together again once I am able to focus on training again and bettering myself. Right now I'm literally going to the gym once a week to get some work in sparring because its so fun to me. Not drilling anything right now, but that rear hand thing is seriously is a problem isn't it? Damn, I really was trying to take a mental note of that one too lol. It will fix soon, I will continue to keep that one in mind a lot.

That's the problem, handspeed can give me a nice advantage that masks my problems, but if I lower the speed at all. , I lose not just most of my power but literally all of my timing. Those counter rights would never land if I tried to slow them down even just a little bit. Then I start getting whooped on and realize this just isn't going to work lol I need to use the speed. So working on the problem specifically becomes tougher.

Yes the counter right hand his eyes rolled a bit so I wanted to make sure he was ok, like I'm seriously trying to say - not trying to hurt anybody in sparring like that.

Sinister is always giving me advice, and has always helped me in areas where I need help in.

As for the coaching situation - I have some big deal personal problems I need to deal with right now before I get competitive again, so once those are handled, I will be back in Vegas with Floyd Sr. as well as taking advice from my go gym of Johnny Toccos through sinister, and I'm sure getting great work with all the fighters there.

Thank you Sano!
Haha I know exactly what you mean. One thing is to be aware of what your issues are (which is difficult enough) another thing entirely is actually being able to change them. Takes a lot of concentrated and focused work, and time. We're all trying to better ourselves here.

Yep, it's good that you recognised he might be hurt a little.

Oh it's going to be a challenge for you learning not to rely on the speed only, but that's why we do this right? I mean, the things that seem uncomfortable or difficult are often times the ones you benefit the most from. Again not to say that you shouldn't use your physical talents when suited, and I'm sure when you're back with Sr. he will get the most out of them (seems like he loves speed).

Hope everything works out and you get the personal stuff under control! Keep on trucking friend!

Thank you! I enjoy reading the critique especially while I am not with a trainer.

thx also ;) And I am not in a position to critique anything you do with a competent argument as I was away from practicing martial arts for a long time and just started with boxing. I love watching other people train and often learn more from videos like that then watching the pros.

I guess its more interesting to me that you critique my first sparring video if it comes to that :) (quite a road to go before that makes any sense)

I woke up today in a bad mood. Having a crap day. So i may have judged the video wrongly.

I will watch later tonight.

Worked on a few things, specifically the jab.

Previously I voiced my concern about this dude out jabbing me, so my mission for this session was to
A: Bring the pull counter off the shelf, and use it to dissuade him from jabbing since it's probably his best weapon
B: Double and triple my own jab to the body and head, and establishing jab feints, with head off center
C: Keep left hand up while leading
D: Stay lighter on my feet.

Another sparring partner hurt, but I swear on my life I wasn't trying to do that. Had no intentions of causing harm to my sparring partner, just a clean shot landed. You will see after every clean shot I back off a bit, I genuinely just want these guys to last rounds so I can work on my stuff.

Before that though, he was doing very good against me, I worked on the things mentioned above : Comment/critique on what you guys think I can/should work on. Anything you notice please let me know.
obviously this is just my opinion i can't speak for what other people see.
The pull counter was on Point that's an excellent shot to have in your toolbox.
You seemed like you were actually trying to work on specific things as opposed to 'win' which is good to see.
Much more active lead hand both with the jab and the lead hook and it was working although he did still seem to be able to get away with jabbing 'with you' so to speak.
Footwork wise you were very active which isn't necessarily a bad thing provided you are fighting as an amateur?
One thing that i saw which may be a slight concern is that when you are slipping fown to your right you have your left hand down, some opponent's may be able to hit you with a cross right across the jaw if they angle off to their right.
The knockdown- body punch that hurt him was just a great shot, nothing wrong with that if you're in boxing to play nice you're in the wrong sport however follow up punches weren't necessary but it's sparring your blood was up and adrenaline going it happens. that ability to remain calm and controlled no matter what is something you'll see from the super high level pro's and it will come with practice.
Cheers for sharing keep up the good work.

obviously this is just my opinion i can't speak for what other people see.
The pull counter was on Point that's an excellent shot to have in your toolbox.
You seemed like you were actually trying to work on specific things as opposed to 'win' which is good to see.
Much more active lead hand both with the jab and the lead hook and it was working although he did still seem to be able to get away with jabbing 'with you' so to speak.
Footwork wise you were very active which isn't necessarily a bad thing provided you are fighting as an amateur?
One thing that i saw which may be a slight concern is that when you are slipping fown to your right you have your left hand down, some opponent's may be able to hit you with a cross right across the jaw if they angle off to their right.
The knockdown- body punch that hurt him was just a great shot, nothing wrong with that if you're in boxing to play nice you're in the wrong sport however follow up punches weren't necessary but it's sparring your blood was up and adrenaline going it happens. that ability to remain calm and controlled no matter what is something you'll see from the super high level pro's and it will come with practice.
Cheers for sharing keep up the good work.

Need to get the pull counter good again, I always forget about it but yes its an excellent tool!
Yes I'm an amateur, I do need to settle down a bit tho on the foot work for sure.
Hmmm, I have a few different slips to the right, can you time stamp in the video which one specifically?
Yes the body shot landed in the right spot, I threw the right hand while I had momentum going to get him on the ropes and for those few seconds I wasn't aware of how hurt he was from the body shot, thought it stung him but didn't think it truly truly hurt him. Last bodyshot thrown was overkill but luckily it didn't land, just instinct.

Thank you for the advice will keep it in mind.

Back