YCM Shadow Boxing

YoungCashMoney

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

Haven't sparred since YCM 4, dealing with personal stuff so I figured I'm gonna stay outta the ring until I can focus 100% of my attention to the sport. January will be that time for sure, get competitive again.

Here's some shadow boxing for u guys though, enjoy and critique/comment what u think.

I like how you keep your right leg closer and tucked under you more, didn't leave it out as much. Its more useful now and more ready in general, also adds to stability for movement or should you get hit/pushed.

Also I like the adjustments you've made to your posture, not leaning over the front foot as much.

Form is tightening up, which when that happens, makes it quicker not only to respond but also recover and adjust, overall it adds to the speed as well. A big benefit is it also takes a lot less energy. Every one tiny thing you can improve formwise gives you a legit edge over someone you didn't have prior to that.

Always get a tiny bit sharper. Doin great. It frightens me to think of your potential.

Keep trying to figure out that cardio puzzle. Let us know what it is if/when you do

I like how you keep your right leg closer and tucked under you more, didn't leave it out as much. Its more useful now and more ready in general, also adds to stability for movement or should you get hit/pushed.

Also I like the adjustments you've made to your posture, not leaning over the front foot as much.

Form is tightening up, which when that happens, makes it quicker not only to respond but also recover and adjust, overall it adds to the speed as well. A big benefit is it also takes a lot less energy. Every one tiny thing you can improve formwise gives you a legit edge over someone you didn't have prior to that.

Always get a tiny bit sharper. Doin great. It frightens me to think of your potential.

Keep trying to figure out that cardio puzzle. Let us know what it is if/when you do

Thank u, yep at this point the little things make the biggest difference.

Cardio puzzle? Like figuring out how to make my cardio better? I got the answer to that lol I need to run! Are u talking about something else?

Thank u, yep at this point the little things make the biggest difference.

Cardio puzzle? Like figuring out how to make my cardio better? I got the answer to that lol I need to run! Are u talking about something else?

Lol okay yeah that's what I was talking about. Guess it's no mystery

Lol okay yeah that's what I was talking about. Guess it's no mystery
Yeah once I get running I'll get my cardio back, Once I get in shape I am very sure I will stop most opponents in fights, one thing I've learned over the years is that as long as I am punching, the opponent can't do anything, its my lulls that cause problems.

But if I can get on some Prime Pacquiao level conditioning, its a wrap for everybody for sure. Don't punch back and the ref will stop the fight, punch back and leave openings for my power to creep up and finish.

Even tho I was trained and taught by Mayweather Sr., my goal is to be far from a defensive fighter. I really don't care if I get knocked out but I want to knock guys out, if I don't get the knockout it will be considered a loss to me.

I'd rather be an exciting fighter than a great fighter. Bonus if I can become something great while staying exciting. of course I'll never be defensively irresponsible, but sometimes a great offense is the best defense.

With your speed (and power), you don't have to be defensive. You can be aggressive but at least know how to switch gears TEMPORARILY either to defensive (to save energy, because pro fights are long) or to counter puncher, which is most likely way to KO someone at the upper levels, where aggression and superior traits alone wont often be enough to do it. The KO's will be all the more glorious (and plentiful) if you can catch good/great boxers while they're punching.

I think your current strategy will work great for a good string of KO wins. Everyone levels out near the top, though (KO wise even if they keep winning). If you start running into difficulty, you know what adjustments to make in your training/strategy.

Last edited:
Fuck man. Solid solid stuff. Find some good coach, get to a shape and start fighting. You can make some money with boxing.

Those rapid left hooks are money, your speed is ridiculous dude! I know I've said it before, but I gotta mention the pull counter again, it's awesome. You have the perfect attributes to pull it off.

I know you're still settling into a more aggressive style, but you gotta protect that noggin a little more. Notice the difference in your head positioning when you start shoulder rolling and being on the backfoot, compared to when you're moving forward? Obviously there will always be differences in posture when you switch between stances, as there should, but unless you are deliberately drawing in the pull counter then maybe think about tucking your chin more and having a little better neck and upper body posture when you're moving forward. As fast as you are, you are vulnurable to the counters a little bit.

The blocking looks pretty good when you use it and it's nice that you're trying to keep your rear hand up when you're jabbing. I know it's shadowboxing, and I'm not one that thinks that you need to extend your punches needlessly if you're already able to use your range when sparring, but maybe think about experimenting with the range on your jab, and different entries with the jab when you're moving in.

Cheers mate.

Last edited:
Those rapid left hooks are money, your speed is ridiculous dude! I know I've said it before, but I gotta mention the pull counter again, it's awesome. You have the perfect attributes to pull it off.

I know you're still settling into a more aggressive style, but you gotta protect that noggin a little more. Notice the difference in your head positioning when you start shoulder rolling and being on the backfoot, compared to when you're moving forward? Obviously there will always be differences in posture when you switch between stances, as there should, but unless you are deliberately drawing in the pull counter then maybe think about tucking your chin more and having a little better neck and upper body posture when you're moving forward. As fast as you are, you are vulnurable to the counters a little bit.

The blocking looks pretty good when you use it and it's nice that you're trying to keep your rear hand up when you're jabbing. I know it's shadowboxing, and I'm not one that thinks that you need to extend your punches needlessly if you're already able to use your range when sparring, but maybe think about experimenting with the range on your jab, and different entries with the jab when you're moving in.

Cheers mate.

Yeah I see where the correction needs to be made with my basic hands up stance, the biggest plus side to that mistake/habit is that it perfectly disguises my pull counter (which I'm working on a LOT), because my regular offense and counters comes from the pull counter positioning, so at any moment no matter what I'm doing (and as seen in the vid) I can pull my head & counter back. It would be impossible to see the tell cause I stay in my regular position. Obviously it leaves me open to jab counters (as previous sparring has shown) and more open to counters in general. I'll find a middle ground tho to improve that area. Thanks!

Yeah I see where the correction needs to be made with my basic hands up stance, the biggest plus side to that mistake/habit is that it perfectly disguises my pull counter (which I'm working on a LOT), because my regular offense and counters comes from the pull counter positioning, so at any moment no matter what I'm doing (and as seen in the vid) I can pull my head & counter back. It would be impossible to see the tell cause I stay in my regular position. Obviously it leaves me open to jab counters (as previous sparring has shown) and more open to counters in general. I'll find a middle ground tho to improve that area. Thanks!
Yeah I see your point about the tells. Haven't thought of that, and it's definitely a dangerous weapon that might even be worth it. I say that because I really, really like your pull counter (have I mentioned that already?). A middle ground sounds like a good idea though, depending on what you want to do. As you say, you've been paying a little bit for it. It's always good to have options, or at least be aware of the variables.

More jab variations and entries with the jab should be good either way right? Just to not as much run into the opposing jab when you want to close.

Wow you're really fast, do you do anything to build speed or is that just your natural speed?

Yeah I see your point about the tells. Haven't thought of that, and it's definitely a dangerous weapon that might even be worth it. I say that because I really, really like your pull counter (have I mentioned that already?). A middle ground sounds like a good idea though, depending on what you want to do. As you say, you've been paying a little bit for it. It's always good to have options, or at least be aware of the variables.

More jab variations and entries with the jab should be good either way right? Just to not as much run into the opposing jab when you want to close.

Lol yea I think u have said it once or twice.. The pull counter is the best counter in boxing if u ask me, it shuts down an opponents jab completely if pulled off correctly. I actually do have many variations of the jab, I just didn't seem to show it much in this shadowboxing vid, only once or twice. I throw my jab straight like a rapier type movement most of of the time, then I have my up-jab from the crab stance, then I have my spear jab (slip over to the left ((hopefully slipping their jab)) and shooting my jab down the middle with a vertical fist. I have my stabbing jab to the body & then I have my flicking "up jab" to the body I use with head off center to set up right hands up top. I do need to work and incorporate them more in my training though for sure, even though I know how to do them.

Just like the pull counter, I've had it since day 1, but for some reason completely neglected doing it when training which very much limited how often I did it.

Wow you're really fast, do you do anything to build speed or is that just your natural speed?

Thanks! I actually sometimes believe I'm slower than when I first started due to size, I'm 30lbs heavier. Honestly tho.. I think I'm faster than ever right now. Idk, my mind changes on a day to day basis about that lol. My speed has always been there tho, My combinations were not as fluid and as powerful as they are now, but my punches have always come off quick. It is probably the biggest reason Floyd Sr., caught such a huge interest in me and wanted to train me, he literally convinced my mother to let me box lol, but he was going crazy about how "he's like lil Floyd!!! hes as fast as my son!! just like lil Floyd!!".

tl;dr my speed has always been there.

On that note tho, I have always believed I was something special talent wise in boxing long before I ever found out if I was or not, I strongly believed I was a natural and destined for greatness. There is actually a video of me before I had ever touched boxing gloves in like 2009 imitating Floyd Jr., shoulder roll saying "I'm a natural !! I'm a natural!" shadowboxing absolutely terribly lol my dad would just laugh at me and tell me he could take me to the gym and a girl would whoop my ass with that technique. I do think self belief has a lot to do with natural talent. Here is a vid of me in the first 2 months of training or so for reference. Guy punched like a Mac truck so u won't see much offense lol

You're talented for sure but don't start going all Money Mayweather on us until you start building a record. What is your record, BTW?

FWIW, I'm no boxing professional by any means.

Your shadowboxing is FAST. You look like Pacman.

What's your weightclass again?

You're talented for sure but don't start going all Money Mayweather on us until you start building a record. What is your record, BTW?

FWIW, I'm no boxing professional by any means.

Your shadowboxing is FAST. You look like Pacman.

What's your weightclass again?

Nah I'm by no means cocky, I have a very long way to go, I still make a lot of mistakes and need a ton of experience under my belt before I can make it big. I just have a ton of self belief, if there is any talent I have it is self belief. I had a very serious medical condition that was afflicting me for about 10 years, and I believe that it blessed me in a way and god's way of blessing me, which ill explain in a second.

So I had my first 3 amateur fights my first year in boxing, my first fight actually 2 weeks after training in the gym lol, fought a guy with 9 fights who already had a tournament win ect. I was naive and like I said, a ton of self belief. My trainer Floyd Sr. had a ton of belief as well, mainly because of my hand speed. So I truly went in there expecting a quick easy knockout because that's what I believe I'm capable of, it didn't work out that way. I whooped him the first round, dropped him in the second, but in the third I just didn't have the energy to fight back. I took a knee with about 30 seconds left, thinking it was the smart thing to do & that I'm winning the fight anyway, didn't even go down from a punch (he was trying to get to me tho, moment I hit the ropes I figured I'd be 8-counted anyway, why take punches when I can just take a knee). I got up at 4 seconds and leaned against the ropes to try and conserve more energy as he counts to 8, and he stopped the fight. It was at his gym, and I believe that is why that happened. My stamina was due to me not running once in my life.

2nd fight comes along a few months later, which I truly on my life think I won clearly rounds 1 and 2, once again I hurt my opponent and landed shots that actually did damage, just a rough and tough come forward Mexican style boxer, didn't hit me in the head a single time I'm not even kidding. The 3rd round came around and once again I had no energy (but I had saved my energy much better this time than from my first fight, and had been running, so wtf?), he pushed me back and even tho I buckled him again at the very end, he won the fight which surprised me and Floyd Sr.,

4 months and a freak injury later comes the 3rd fight. In sparring I didn't feel right, my hands starting feeling like glass, I was extremely fragile and had to adjust training accordingly, I had just dealt with a hand problem in my right hand for 2 months so and did not want that happening again. I don't got much to say bout my 3rd fight, guy was terrible, and I gave him it. I threw maybe 5 punches in the first round, maybe 10 in the second, because in my head I was going to knock him out when he got tired, in the amateurs the 3rd came around outta nowhere, and for once I dominated the 3rd round and buckled him bad at the end, but obviously with rounds 1-2 gone, I lost. I was crushed by that one, because I knew what I was capable of but couldn't pull the trigger for different reasons each time. First fight : too tired to pull trigger, 2nd fight: bullshit I won that fight to be honest but still should have dominated much more, 3rd fight: in fear from losing my first 2 fights, didn't pull the trigger in fear of getting tired.

0-3, the cold truth I have to tell anyone that asks about my record, I haven't fought in 4 years because following that I had an extremely odd string of energies. TFCC tear in my left wrist, TFCC tear in my right wrist, broken fingers/knuckles, surgeries, tore my Rhomboid muscle and was out for 3 months + physical therapy for that. All these things kept me out of the ring for 4 years straight (5 years now, I just returned but obviously the brain surgery and tumor my doctors wanted me off a year). All while this was happening from day one I had a persistent sharp pain in my forehead, and my eyesight specifically in my right eye was getting very bad ( which is now permanently damaged, oh well small price to pay to be alive ) , which I contributed to a sinus headache every time. It got slowly worse tho, and for the previous 2 years I was borderline A-sexual, no sex drive at all but I didn't think much about it to be honest.

Oh, when I was 14 I was diagnosed with HGH deficiency, I was in 9th grade 4'5 70lbs. Went to the doctor because I was bullied about my size. Got put on HGH for 2 years & my growth shot up to about 5'5 105lbs in that time period. They gave some weird reason about some syndrome where it needs to be kickstarted or some mumbo jumbo I know nothing about. I actually considered sueing them because my tumor should have been found then, it is the primary cause for HGH deficiency, but they opted out of doing the MRI to see if treatment worked first. They said I was very small (bottom 1st percentile for my age), but not so small that a brain tumor thought was warranted.

Fast forward, I'm sure in my thread I described in detail the process, but I tore the muscle in my back again last year, I felt overtrained after only 4 weeks returning from my right hand surgery, and just shitty. Woke up in my bed seeing a blurry moving mess, and a physical sensation in my body that I was floating in space. Scary super scary so I drank some Benadryl thats in my bedside table and went back to sleep. Felt out of it the next day, and told my mother about it, she was pretty alarmed saying that is far from normal but I told her not to worry since it went away. The 2nd night I woke up again with the same sensation, felt like I was sliding down a slope while not moving, so I got up at 2 am and went to the ER where after a few hours and a lot of tests (and worry about a blood clot from boxing, even tho I hadn't sparred in 6 days, its what I thought was wrong to though), I finally got the news about a large mass that's growing in my head known as a craniopharyngioma. Got a blood panel to check my endocrine system since that is the first place that gets damaged, and my Testosterone was at 47 on a range of 395-1100, my growth hormone response test came as GH deficient once again.

SO to wrap it up : My tumor had been growing for over 10 years and the doctors say it is definitely what caused my growth hormone deficiency back when I was 14 and went to the doctors, they said it is the cause of my fragility at my age and all the constant injuries. Pretty much after months of depression I realized : This was my best chance for boxing. Before it was looking like I wouldn't be able to box because my body could not handle the stress, and I thought I was fully healthy. Now I find out there is a reason for all this, my body might actually be able to handle all of the things that it couldn't before, I found out stamina is one of the largest things gh deficiency and testosterone deficiency cause, which could attribute to my matches and how winded I got. There was a new hope for me.

Now I have all my levels normal, I quickly moved from 120-125lbs to 135lbs the moment I started working out again. My hands feel invulnerable, they have both had serious career ending injuries happen to them, but they feel perfect. I recover quickly, I have more stamina even without running, my punching power had increased and I believe I was already a very good puncher, my speed has increased, everything shot up. That is right now. I have yet to fight again, and will be making a competitive return again next year. I can positively say that I was better than all 3 of my opponents in all 3 of my fights, even the guy with 9 I was better than him after 2 weeks. He left with a concussion, not me, opponent number 2 lost clearly if u ask me, and opponent number 3 was beyond disappointing performance for me, but once again he got the benefit of a concussion as I buckled him badly with a pull counter in the 3rd round.

I may be wrong, but I BELIEVE that I am not, and it is that belief that separates the ones who make it and the ones who don't, I would know because I've trained alongside many many world champions and they all carry one huge thing: an odd almost cocky belief in themselves. I won't say I'm the best because I'm not and I don't believe that. I believe I can be the best though. I believe I can hurt and knock out any fighter at my weight class of 130 that I land a clean punch on, I believe I am faster than everybody in my weight class. Out of everyone I've sparred which includes world championship level fighters, never once have I been in there with someone quicker than me. Not cockiness, its the truth, or at least the truth I choose to believe. There is way better punchers than me, but speed is my game. I've had it happen countless times boxing guys who have been fighting since they were 8, and after sparring they walk up and say I'm the fastest guy they have ever been in the ring with.

Sadly talent alone will not beat hard work, unless talent works hard. My 0-3 record means nothing to me, and if anyone thinks I'm anywhere close to the fighter I was in those fights, they are in for a surprise. That was my first 7 months of training and boxing. While I've only had about another 6 months of true active training and sparring since 4 years ago due to my tumor, I've visualized boxing every day. I've shadow boxed every day that I was able to. I've stayed dedicated even when things were not looking good in terms of my future of boxing. Floyd Sr., will drop a fighter in a heartbeat if they lose, he is cold like that. The fact that he didn't drop me and remains in close contact throughout all this shows his belief. But honestly, I don't need anyones belief but my own. I know what I'm capable of.

I really really do not want to come off as cocky or anything though, that is just my personal belief and I've been wrong many times in the past so I can't say I won't be wrong again. But I believe I won't be wrong.

There are 2 separate fighters : Damaged hormones me, and post surgery me who has hormones corrected, aka an actual healthy fighter.

Oh I almost forgot, why I believe I'm blessed with my tumor. Well for one I'm 1 in 9 million, which is pretty cool even tho it ruined my life for a while. BUT : My father's hands are huge, he is 5'8 and walks around lean at 185lbs. My brother is the same way, 5'8 walks around 165 lbs. Both box aswell. I was extremely small compared to the rest, and my hands aren't just smaller than my dads, they are smaller than my mothers. I have very tiny hands. (which is a sign of growth retardation/hgh deficiency). My scientific reasoning behind my hand speed and power besides belief is that my muscle fibers and fast twitch tendons are designed for someone larger, in my right in my arms all of that, I think it is designed for someone much bigger than myself. I was told by my doctor there is without a doubt growth retardation in me permanently, and I will never know where I was supposed to be had I been healthy throughout my teen years with healthy hormones. Sadly they were tanked in the most important time. I believe it is a blessing tho because it allows me to propel everything that didn't grow correctly, very quickly. My power comes from my speed, and my speed I think comes from this deficiency I had. Idk, only rational explanation I have.

On a side note : Floyd Sr., who has trained 7+ world champions including p4p icons like Mayweather Jr., and Oscar De La Hoya, said I am the hardest puncher with speed combination he has ever had. He's said it multiple times, he used to say I was on steroids ( which is ironic looking back , I was on the opposite of steroids, all my stuff was 0 ) That compliment is something I'll take to my grave no matter what, it is a hell of an honor to have someone so prestigious believe that. If I couldn't box anymore tomorrow, I would still tell my kids that at one point, that was indeed Floyd Sr.'s thought and be proud of it.

There's my life story, sorry if I sound cocky or in any way not humble. If I remain healthy though I will become a champion, and it will all make sense. Put all my belief in god I'm just following the thoughts he puts in my head.

You are a fighter in body and spirit.

Never lose that faith, bro. Everyone on here can see how talented you are and if you stay on the straight and narrow I bet we'll be buying your ppv's before long.

Damn thanks for the story YCM, can't wait to see you get back in the ring next year, keep us updated.

Back