YCM new bagwork for y'all for CC

Thanks for the response brother! Hopefully I can pick one up soon. Additional question if you don't mind. Would you say it has a little more give than the traditional?

No problem. I would say so, it’s a different kind of feeling altogether though.

How did you break both your hands with gloves on?

I broke my right hand in an altercation without gloves on. (Boxers fracture)

I broke my left hand in sparring hitting a super middleweights elbow when digging to the body.

Friend, getting away from it a little. This is where your academy works. The ambiance is looking like a nightclub.

I said this without wanting to offend you

Lol it does look like a nightclub, no offense taken

I was very sick with different neurological problems going on due to a few things, and one thing that never truly recovered is my eyes, I had very bad photophobia for a while & while it’s gotten much better, I still prefer to be in the dark because the light hurts ( I sound like a vampire lmao )

Obviously I need to be able to see clearly while training, so when I built my gym I wanted to make sure it was very light but not hard on the eyes at all, and those were the lights I ended up getting.

That was a great watch! The speed on that jab is top notch.

Got a lot of ideas I'll incorporate on my own training. Cheers

I broke my left hand in sparring hitting a super middleweights elbow when digging to the body.

I was very sick with different neurological problems going on due to a few things, and one thing that never truly recovered is my eyes, I had very bad photophobia for a while & while it’s gotten much better, I still prefer to be in the dark because the light hurts ( I sound like a vampire lmao )

Obviously I need to be able to see clearly while training, so when I built my gym I wanted to make sure it was very light but not hard on the eyes at all, and those were the lights I ended up getting.
Dude, I did not know this detail. I offer my sincerest apologies.

Dude neurological problems? I respect anyone who has the guts to fight like you do. But does that get in the way if your in a fight or something?

(I forgot whether you said you wanted to fight)

Dude neurological problems? I respect anyone who has the guts to fight like you do. But does that get in the way if your in a fight or something?

(I forgot whether you said you wanted to fight)

I don't have them anymore, I had a brain tumor that was removed at the beginning of 2017, the only lasting effects are my eyes ( but it may be that it was so bad for a while, I still naturally think to avoid bright lights, not sure. I perform fine in regular gyms ), my vision got impaired a bit in my right eye due to damage to my optic nerve & that won't recover but it isn't anything that could affect my boxing, I went from having great vision to good vision so I don't stress.

Dude, I did not know this detail. I offer my sincerest apologies.

No big deal at all, like I said u are correct that it looks like a nightclub! Lol

how's those hands coming along. i am really looking forward to watching your next fight or sparring session. that left hook is good by pro boxing standards.
your style seems to have progressed a lot as well. i might be mistaken but you seem to be developing a great style of your own with a bit more use of the fundamentals and a bit less of the use of "flashy" or exotic techniques like the pull counter. it could have just been that you were really working on the pull counter in the other bag work session i saw, but i much prefer the more solid "basic" style that you are employing in this session.

I know your trained by Mayweather Sr. but do you try to pattern yourself after mayweather jr style wise? Or do you have a different vision of the boxer you want to be?

Coming off 2 broken hands since my last post due to sparring (day after my previous sparring clip) & then a dumb decision.

Left hand is 100%, right hand is about 90% but feels pretty much perfect. Just the bruising is still there a bit.

Got some new 16oz winning gloves for the bag & they feel amazing, also started wrapping my hands much better so now I can bang on the bags with power with less worry (even tho I hurt my hand for a second in this vdeo lol, the very bottom of the bag is like a straight brick of concrete)

Critique the vid for me & lemme know if y'all see anything that I'm missing in terms of what needs to be worked on. I've worked on many things but 2 things I've added recently is sharpening up my right hook, and then getting a more snappy overhand right. 2 shots I don't use enough.

I can only dream of having your hand speed.

Im worried that your hands never go back to your chin though.

how's those hands coming along. i am really looking forward to watching your next fight or sparring session. that left hook is good by pro boxing standards.
your style seems to have progressed a lot as well. i might be mistaken but you seem to be developing a great style of your own with a bit more use of the fundamentals and a bit less of the use of "flashy" or exotic techniques like the pull counter. it could have just been that you were really working on the pull counter in the other bag work session i saw, but i much prefer the more solid "basic" style that you are employing in this session.

The system I've been taught my style allows for a lot of adaptability, in this bagwork video I was boxing more traditional & less "skinny/sideways" than I would if I wanted to employ the shoulder roll effectively & catch and counter with shorter shots. The stance in the video is my more aggressive stance with more emphasis on power & angles of delivery.

Sometimes I just feel like working the pull counter & will make sure its good to go & use it often, or in this video I was working on ducking under shots and coming back with my hook. A bit of tunnel vision when I'm on the bag where I will focus on a single technique for a round type stuff.

My hands feel excellent & I took some time off for the holidays to let everything heal up and am going to start running again tomorrow & getting things in full gear for 2019, much more content will be posted and some fights for sure very very soon. Had some family issues I had to get out the way but I'm getting too old now so yyregardless of where that stuff is I'm going to be handling business in the ring.

I know your trained by Mayweather Sr. but do you try to pattern yourself after mayweather jr style wise? Or do you have a different vision of the boxer you want to be?

In my eyes I box nothing like Floyd jr., The similarities are obviously there in how the punches are thrown due to us being trained with the same technique, but the way we actually box is much different. Floyd is pretty & very defensive even when he was a young offensive machine, not much of a risk taker. My combinations come off flashy but they are meant to do real damage, I will sit down on a shot and take the risk of getting cracked myself because of multiple reasons:

1: it is a ton of fun, getting in a nice slugfest with somebody is a hell of a rush
2: I believe in my power & I believe in my speed and am willing to take a shot to give a shot much more than Floyd Jr. is
3: It is more exciting to watch, no one would want to see me pot shot and jab my way to victory, in a true competitive bout I am looking to land 10 punch combinations if I'm given the opportunity

so yea we both got check hooks, we both got pull counters, we have the same combinations & counters off of the shoulder roll, but how we employ them are different. I'm looking to really hurt the other guy consistently rather than put away rounds. He is light years better than I am with his style & I would probably have a lot more winning success if I do model my style off of moving moving potshotting snd keeping a jab in someones face, but it just isn't that fun & I get too anxious to do damage that I can be lured into trading very easily.

I based my style off of Sugar Ray Leonard, I study and take things from every boxer and all the greats but the #1 influence is Ray Leonard and Ray Robinson. Of course this is while boxing under the system in which I've been taught - just style wise those are my guys.

I can only dream of having your hand speed.

Im worried that your hands never go back to your chin though.
If you could point out specific instances that looks like a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: in my armor, I would love for you to.
I have made a point to keep my chin guarded for my hooks in case anyone wants to hook with me, and when I throw my right hand I slip the left while throwing it if I don't have a hand up like I'm in my shoulder roll stance. I don't carry my hands higher than the base of my chin because I rely a lot on head movement but it makes my punches flow off much faster and smoother, and I pick comfort. I believe I can get my hands up in time if I see a shot coming and catch & counter

Keep dreaming, I firmly believe my speed is due to the fact that for no reason whatsoever, before I ever boxed before, I thought I was the second coming of bruce le and was a natural and had the fastest hands there was. Of course I didn't really know, but I turned out when I started boxing, I just did things fast cuz I believed I was fast.

So the key to being fast is to just be fast.

Thanks for the compliments

The system I've been taught my style allows for a lot of adaptability, in this bagwork video I was boxing more traditional & less "skinny/sideways" than I would if I wanted to employ the shoulder roll effectively & catch and counter with shorter shots. The stance in the video is my more aggressive stance with more emphasis on power & angles of delivery.

Sometimes I just feel like working the pull counter & will make sure its good to go & use it often, or in this video I was working on ducking under shots and coming back with my hook. A bit of tunnel vision when I'm on the bag where I will focus on a single technique for a round type stuff.

My hands feel excellent & I took some time off for the holidays to let everything heal up and am going to start running again tomorrow & getting things in full gear for 2019, much more content will be posted and some fights for sure very very soon. Had some family issues I had to get out the way but I'm getting too old now so yyregardless of where that stuff is I'm going to be handling business in the ring.

In my eyes I box nothing like Floyd jr., The similarities are obviously there in how the punches are thrown due to us being trained with the same technique, but the way we actually box is much different. Floyd is pretty & very defensive even when he was a young offensive machine, not much of a risk taker. My combinations come off flashy but they are meant to do real damage, I will sit down on a shot and take the risk of getting cracked myself because of multiple reasons:

1: it is a ton of fun, getting in a nice slugfest with somebody is a hell of a rush
2: I believe in my power & I believe in my speed and am willing to take a shot to give a shot much more than Floyd Jr. is
3: It is more exciting to watch, no one would want to see me pot shot and jab my way to victory, in a true competitive bout I am looking to land 10 punch combinations if I'm given the opportunity

so yea we both got check hooks, we both got pull counters, we have the same combinations & counters off of the shoulder roll, but how we employ them are different. I'm looking to really hurt the other guy consistently rather than put away rounds. He is light years better than I am with his style & I would probably have a lot more winning success if I do model my style off of moving moving potshotting snd keeping a jab in someones face, but it just isn't that fun & I get too anxious to do damage that I can be lured into trading very easily.

I based my style off of Sugar Ray Leonard, I study and take things from every boxer and all the greats but the #1 influence is Ray Leonard and Ray Robinson. Of course this is while boxing under the system in which I've been taught - just style wise those are my guys.

If you could point out specific instances that looks like a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: in my armor, I would love for you to.
I have made a point to keep my chin guarded for my hooks in case anyone wants to hook with me, and when I throw my right hand I slip the left while throwing it if I don't have a hand up like I'm in my shoulder roll stance. I don't carry my hands higher than the base of my chin because I rely a lot on head movement but it makes my punches flow off much faster and smoother, and I pick comfort. I believe I can get my hands up in time if I see a shot coming and catch & counter

Keep dreaming, I firmly believe my speed is due to the fact that for no reason whatsoever, before I ever boxed before, I thought I was the second coming of bruce le and was a natural and had the fastest hands there was. Of course I didn't really know, but I turned out when I started boxing, I just did things fast cuz I believed I was fast.

So the key to being fast is to just be fast.

Thanks for the compliments

Sorry to say but your fast hands that you started out with are genetic, you have just made them even faster with your training....;)

Now consider the poor keyboard warrior in his parents basement......reading your post and thinking......"I can be that fast, all I need to do is think fast......and I will be fast"<45>instead of just getting himself out and joining a gym!

Coming off 2 broken hands since my last post due to sparring (day after my previous sparring clip) & then a dumb decision.

Left hand is 100%, right hand is about 90% but feels pretty much perfect. Just the bruising is still there a bit.

Got some new 16oz winning gloves for the bag & they feel amazing, also started wrapping my hands much better so now I can bang on the bags with power with less worry (even tho I hurt my hand for a second in this vdeo lol, the very bottom of the bag is like a straight brick of concrete)

Critique the vid for me & lemme know if y'all see anything that I'm missing in terms of what needs to be worked on. I've worked on many things but 2 things I've added recently is sharpening up my right hook, and then getting a more snappy overhand right. 2 shots I don't use enough.

beautiful work. Got any vids of you on the aqua bag?

beautiful work. Got any vids of you on the aqua bag?

one from last year

Sorry to say but your fast hands that you started out with are genetic, you have just made them even faster with your training....;)

Now consider the poor keyboard warrior in his parents basement......reading your post and thinking......"I can be that fast, all I need to do is think fast......and I will be fast"<45>instead of just getting himself out and joining a gym!

It will always require joining a gym and learning how to be proper to know if the speed is even real of course, I don't want people thinking they can believe they way to the top without proper guidance. I just think there has to be something more than a genetic factor with it, my brother for example doesn't have my hand speed. But the mentality going into it was never that they was gonna be that fast to begin with, I swear it is as easy as just doing things fast, but of course I say that because I can do things fast.

We all built the same & we can all sprint and activate those explosive muscles, so it is just like sprinting with ur upper body, explode into each shot and mentally visualize that and it will make a difference for sure.

If they haven't stepped into a gym before then the topic is pointless, dealing with people who don't even know how to throw a punch lol

Another way I would look at it when I first started, at least with my jab, was that I was trying to snatch money from the monk's hand before he pulls it away type stuff, except aiming at they head/pad/bag, just that I would need to get there and back with as little telegraph and as fast as possible to collect that money. The power will come from the snap anyway

one from last year

It will always require joining a gym and learning how to be proper to know if the speed is even real of course, I don't want people thinking they can believe they way to the top without proper guidance. I just think there has to be something more than a genetic factor with it, my brother for example doesn't have my hand speed. But the mentality going into it was never that they was gonna be that fast to begin with, I swear it is as easy as just doing things fast, but of course I say that because I can do things fast.

We all built the same & we can all sprint and activate those explosive muscles, so it is just like sprinting with ur upper body, explode into each shot and mentally visualize that and it will make a difference for sure.

If they haven't stepped into a gym before then the topic is pointless, dealing with people who don't even know how to throw a punch lol

Another way I would look at it when I first started, at least with my jab, was that I was trying to snatch money from the monk's hand before he pulls it away type stuff, except aiming at they head/pad/bag, just that I would need to get there and back with as little telegraph and as fast as possible to collect that money. The power will come from the snap anyway

Genetics give you a huge head start and a higher ceiling but if you want to make it to the top, you are going to need hard work........ and mental fortitude.

You seem to have it........ don't stop believing.....

Genetics give you a huge head start and a higher ceiling but if you want to make it to the top, you are going to need hard work........ and mental fortitude.

You seem to have it........ don't stop believing.....
too much focus on his "genetics" diminishes the hard work he put in. Seems like he is overcoming some huge obstacles based on his medical history so he's definitely got the heart and grit.

too much focus on his "genetics" diminishes the hard work he put in. Seems like he is overcoming some huge obstacles based on his medical history so he's definitely got the heart and grit.

Ignoring genetics diminishes the hard work his parents put in...

Back